OnlySSD - Feedback Thread

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
OnlySSD is a sister site operated and owned by Prime ABGB, Mumbai dealing with only SSDs. This is their website - http://www.onlyssd.com/

This might look like a one-off case considering how well Prime has been in the hardware business scene for quite some time now. Regardless of that, I wanted to share a recent experience I had (or rather having) with them.

On Sunday the 31st March, I had placed an order for a Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB SSD from the site. This is the link and the availability mentions ‘In Stock’. After purchasing the drive online through the portal, I received an auto-confirmation mail with the order number in the spam folder of my inbox and the payment was promptly made via NEFT to Prime’s ICICI bank account. Knowing Prime, I thought they would ship the drive on the next working day i.e. Monday. It didn’t happen. On Tuesday (2nd April), I got another mail wherein the status showed as ‘Processing’. I sent them a mail asking them to update me the status. A person responds by stating the drive would ship by Thursday and that the docket number of the consignment shall be forwarded. I decide to wait.

The drive wasn’t shipped on Thursday. There were no mails from their end either. I call them up in the evening (around 7:30 PM) and no one picks up the call - probably working hours are over. I call them up the next day i.e. Friday and the person over the phone assures me that the drive would ship on Saturday. I decide to wait further. And the drive never shipped on Saturday and as usual, there were no mails informing the status. I rang them up in the evening and they told me that the stocks of the SSDs have arrived at their godown, however they do not ship from the godown but the showroom so this will most definitely happen on Monday. I decide to wait. A week has passed by.

Yesterday evening I give them a ring and the lady over the phone asks for the order number. There is an inadvertent delay pretty much noticeable. And she confirms the stocks haven’t arrived at the showroom yet (in a slightly harsh tone!). I hung up and wrote a mail to their support asking for a refund, along with the account details. Expecting a response now - shall update the thread later.

I wonder what has Prime come to? I have been a customer of theirs since late 2007 with orders totaling above 2L INR. Referred their shop to many friends, relatives and colleagues, sourced many components and assembled several PCs but never before has there been a delay in communication, shipping or bad service from them! They could have sent me a mail stating the drive has been out of stock for a while and that they are expecting new shipments soon enough. A week perhaps? 2 weeks? I could have gladly waited knowing that my money is in safe hands. But lack of prompt communication is something I despise. And such is life, that a satisfied customer may spread the word to a select few but an unsatisfied one would tell his grievance to a dozen!

i think you will have to wait for refund for a few days. they usually make excuses so they can ship product late and not give refund. or probably they will ship the ssd to you in a day.

I stopped going to their showroom too. People speak sarcastically just like in any other shops in lamington area. its like they're doing people a favor by selling them stuff. happened to me more than 2-3 times. they are not the prime of yester years. they're just another shop selling computer goods at lamington now.

As someone great said, reaching the top is easy, what's hard is to maintain that spot.

Seems their quality of service has fallen. If you ordered it from Flipkart (would've been costlier no doubt), you'd have definitely got it by now.

Keep shooting emails, and keep us updated. Never gonna buy something from them again.

I would prefer to buy the same drive from flipkart as I have never had a reason to complain from the time I started using them. I have ordered atleast 10-12 times and I always got it in a max of two days. I dont know if they have the pro series, but they do carry samsung ssd's.

Flipkart has the same issues when the product is not available at their godown. At least they have a very fast refund process.

Seems their quality of service has fallen. If you ordered it from Flipkart (would've been costlier no doubt), you'd have definitely got it by now.

Keep shooting emails, and keep us updated. Never gonna buy something from them again.

Aman, the Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB was not available on Flipkart. I generally check Flipkart and eBay before I check other online hardware resellers. But since OnlySSD was only retailing SSDs, I thought I should give it a shot knowing this is a sister concern site of Prime. Few others from the forum have also had good experiences before.

Anyways, the response to yesterday's mail had come in the morn and they had apologised for the inconvenience caused and gave me the option to wait for a couple of more days or to refund. I have asked them when exactly do they intend to get the shipments so they can actually ship the drive instead of telling stories and beating around the bush.

Damn it's really saddening to know and least expected out of Prime. Infact last week one of my friend's called up their store in Mumbai to know the price of a mouse only to be met by a rude lady on the other end of the phone who hurriedly told him an incorrect price and hung up instantly. My dealings with them have been smooth in the past but offlate it appears things have changed.

Hope your issue gets sorted out soon @Gannu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have dealt twice with them in recent past but over all more then twice till date. While I was ordering OCZ SSD for my laptop on a fine evening around 6pm my payment failed due to some card error. I got call from OnlySSD immediately asking if i was trying to place order. I said yes and explained about card error. Curiously I asked about cash on delivery option, which was available for 50 bucks extra. The guy had positive reply though I did NOT complete my order fornally on their site. The very next day in afternoon 2.30 around I received the SSD. This fast delivery is only because i stay in a suburb which is 50 odd KMs away from Mumbai. This is time of around late last year I guess. In March I bought a HDD from their store but I did not have any rude or sarcasm replies from them.

P.S.: I m not taking side of anyone here. Only sharing my experience.

Forgot to update! Tushar called me up yesterday evening around 4 PM, explained the whole situation and assured that the drive would be shipped yesterday night. And it did! Via FedEx. I am glad that he called me up, apologised and finally shipped the drive. I don't need an apology but if only they had kept me updated about the stock part, I'd have been happier.

Anyways faith in Prime ABGB - restored! :D

Forgot to update! Tushar called me up yesterday evening around 4 PM, explained the whole situation and assured that the drive would be shipped yesterday night. And it did! Via FedEx. I am glad that he called me up, apologised and finally shipped the drive. I don't need an apology but if only they had kept me updated about the stock part, I'd have been happier.

Anyways faith in Prime ABGB - restored! :D
Who is Tushar?

This could slightly OT but didn't find it worthy enough to start a new thread.

I am about to order this SSD from the site in question. I just wanted to confirm if this is the best 64 gigs SSD out there? Any other place where i can find it cheaper?
This is my first order from the site but the PRIME association and free shipping makes it hard to ignore . And they also seem to be throwing in a mounting bracket!

EDIT: Just saw that the offer was till the 15 Dec 2012 only. Did you receive one @Gannu?

Last edited by a moderator:
No there wasn't any offer for the mounting bracket when I had placed my order.

Besides, due to the LBT issues in Bombay and Pune, most shops are closed at Lamington Road. Please call up Prime prior to placing the order.

Ordered from onlyssd.com this past Friday evening, and received the SSD saturday afternoon! Really good considering it came from Bombay to Delhi. (I had called them up first to confirm they would be able to ship it fast). Really good pprice too (best I saw online) - Rs. 4,799 for a Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD.

Bought an ssd from their storefront on ebay 12th. Still not shipped. Pretty pathetic experience so far to say the least. If they do not ship by tomorrow, shall file a claim with ebay.

@Chaos , if I am not wrong, OnlySSD does not store all of its inventory its warehouses. It follows JIT model and procures pieces on order from suppliers abroad. And this could be the reason for those inexplicable delays in order fulfillment.

Any recent feedback for PrimeABGB/OnlySSD? They seem to be using Fedex courier now with COD option for up to 20k cost. I've just ordered an SSD from them yesterday (Saturday) - hoping to get it in a couple days time.

Was also on the phone with Tushar to enquire about the device (Samsung 950 Pro 512GB) and confirm they received my online order - seemed friendly enough - so far so good :)

Any recent feedback for PrimeABGB/OnlySSD? They seem to be using Fedex courier now with COD option for up to 20k cost. I've just ordered an SSD from them yesterday (Saturday) - hoping to get it in a couple days time.

Was also on the phone with Tushar to enquire about the device (Samsung 950 Pro 512GB) and confirm they received my online order - seemed friendly enough - so far so good :)

Not OnlySSD but with PrimeABGB, I bought a PSU in last week of October. Delivery was required very next day (within 18 hours) and they fulfilled it. I had requested them over phone. Overall pleasant experience. PS: I m from Mumbai

Back