Opinions and experiences about Sterling holidays Vacation ownership plan

vaibhavyagnik

youtube.com/vaibhavyagnik
Adept
Recently I was briefed about the sterling holidays 7 days holidays for next 25 years at the cost of 265000 plan. (its actually 3,05,000 but I was offered 27,000 prepaid gift card, 4000 rs food vouchers etc). I have payed the initial down payment of 27K. After the welcome Kit came in, I noticed I am getting 770 vacation points per year and that there is matrix of what a night at their resort will cost me which depends on type of accommodation that I opt for and the time of year (absolute peak, peak, moderate and lul period). Going by the matrix, I would be able to stay at their resort for 7 nights only when I chose a studio room in a moderate rush period. If I opt for a better room or I opt for peak periods, I would be able to stay as less as 1 night if I don't utilize my ownership points for next year!. (2BHK in peak season is around 450 points) I was a bit disappointed and felt cheated that I was never told about this.
Doing a bit of maths,
770 points x 25 years = 19250 points
Total cost of member ship 265000
Cost of one point = 265000/19250 = ~14 rs
Studio room in moderate season = 110 points x14 = 1514 Rs per night
Studio room in peak season = 165 points x14 = 2310 Rs per night
In all cases I pay 8500 maintenance charge per year so I a shelling out 2728 Rs to 3524 Rs per room per night. which is decent in terms of pricing. So it comes down to the quality of rooms, availability when I want to vacation, the locations and what they charge in terms of food.

Any forum members have any experience of their services? any opinions?

It's the same with every time share service out there. We have Club Mahindra.
Maintenance costs will also increase every year. We also started at 8500 4 years ago. We paid 13500 for this year. Also Club Mahindra recently started this absurd policy in which you can only make bookings 4 months prior to your holiday. Earlier, bookings were open all year long. Best bet for us now is to deposit weeks from CM to RCI as they have much more flexible booking options apart from having a much larger no of hotels to choose from.

It's the same with every time share service out there. We have Club Mahindra.
Maintenance costs will also increase every year. We also started at 8500 4 years ago. We paid 13500 for this year. Also Club Mahindra recently started this absurd policy in which you can only make bookings 4 months prior to your holiday. Earlier, bookings were open all year long. Best bet for us now is to deposit weeks from CM to RCI as they have much more flexible booking options apart from having a much larger no of hotels to choose from.
RCI memeber should be also costing additional to what you have paid to club mahindra right? wouldnt it be more prudent to directly get a RCI membership instead?

My family had one years back and the options actually available with such properties were minimum. Plus the maintenance charges increases year on end.
We later realized its better to just plan a vacation and go as per own choice of location and hotel to stay. Oh, and the one we had shut down after 8 or 10 years. No gurantee these properties or companies will last 25 years.
Nowdays, you have so many options of travel and stay through apps and offers, I am surprised people pay such lump sum amounts

Back