Windows OS TRANSFER FROM 1 DISK TO ANOTHER

Hey guys

I have not done any R&D related to the title, but would like to know the following:

I have a drive with 3 partitions
Windows Xp
Windows 7
and DATA

I have detected Bad sectors on the drive, leading to few Program crashes
What I would like to know is, is there a way for me to transfer all data from one HDD to another HDD of different volume with different partition sizes to retain my OS program and files

If you won't be changing the underlying hardware, then yes, your OS with data and all can be transferred to a different hard drive with backup software like Aomei Backupper, Macrium Reflect free, or Paragon Backup & Recovery. You can look here for review:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-cloning-software.htm

These software have several options... cloning entire disk, backing up only the system partition, or partitions that you want.

Have a look.

If you have an external hard drive, or another data drive, just make a backup of your important existing data, because a failing hard drive is really bad news, and you should backup your data as soon as possible.

If you won't be changing the underlying hardware, then yes, your OS with data and all can be transferred to a different hard drive with backup software like Aomei Backupper, Macrium Reflect free, or Paragon Backup & Recovery. You can look here for review:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-cloning-software.htm

These software have several options... cloning entire disk, backing up only the system partition, or partitions that you want.

Have a look.

If you have an external hard drive, or another data drive, just make a backup of your important existing data, because a failing hard drive is really bad news, and you should backup your data as soon as possible.

Thanks for that Information

Since you do have bad sectors, i wouldn't recommend cloning. Just save all the data you need on to a fresh HDD. Or install fresh on the new HDD and then transfer data. This is because certain sections of the copying process will fail or take too long due to issues of bad sectors.

Back