P2M (peer2mail)

blueOrb

Disciple
now thats somethin new i just saw a few days back.....i forgot the application name but would post it tomorrow for sure......pretty funky i must say........it basically uses the 1GB websapce many email services provide these day (gmail, walla etc.) ..... so people can download stuff like movies in parts of 10mb each....... the application even comes with a file splitter which could even automatically upload all parts in ur email account ....

sorry but i really dont remember the apps name.... tomorrow i promise ...

:hap3:

seems interesting....but come back with more information and name of the software too !

oh yeah...
pretty popular since the days of the 1gb emails :)

the grt advantage is the massive speds that it offers as compared to the conventional networks.
And btw the program name is peer2mail

CHECK IT OUT HERE

Peer2Mail is the first software that let you store and share files on any web-mail account. If you have a web mail account with large storage space, you can use P2M to store files on it. Web-mail providers such as Gmail (Google Mail), Walla!, Yahoo and more, provide storage space that ranges from 100MB to 3GB.
P2M splits the file you want to share/store zips and encrypts it. P2M then sends the file segments one by one to your account. Once P2M uploaded all file segments, you can download them and use P2M to merge the segments back to the original file.
Peer2Mail is 100% FREE.

lol...
looks like i beat ya to it then :D
But i must say one thing. There is an inherent problem with this thing. Cos this is email dependent so you can rest assured the mail companies are gonna go all out to stop it. So this software is always on the catch up path(remember many of the multiprotocol clients are like that....they are always catching up with the protocol changes iin the original networks they support and what that results is in fewer resluts)

But in this case the prob is that this service will be down the days the network provider change the access.

Another problem is that people can really delete the files by logging into the mail account(why .... well there are plenty of lamers and rivals out there)

So its fast and all,,, but its not that reliable.

Back