ex-Mod
Hi
My Specs are
Motherboard : MSI X58 PRO-E
CPU : Core i-7 920
GPU : PALIT NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580
PSU : CORSAIR VS550
RAM : CORSAIR XMS 3 DDR3 2x3 TRI CHANNEL 6 GB RAM
Everything was running smoothly till yesterday. i was not doing any gaming or anything. just casual browsing.
Now suddenly my monitor got blank and in the background all the activities was running smoothly. So rebooted it. after windows boot i can not see login screen at all. i tried to boot into safe mode and uninstalled the nvidia drivers.
and downloaded latest drivers and installed. tried to boot into normal mode but again same issue. it seems drivers are not loading. i rolled back to couple of previous version drivers as well but same issue persists.
So i formatted the PC again with WIN 7 Pro. and installed the drivers. Issue is still same. i can only use the Standard Windows VGA driver and use the system normally on lower resolution.
I have tried to change the DVI Cables as well as tried HDMI cable.
Is my GPU dead ?
Any help would be highly appreciated.

A lot of users report this problem for gtx 580. Drivers going corrupt and not detecting th card. I'd suggest you give the service center a visit

My card is out of warranty. But I shall check with service centre. Who does the RMA for palit in India ?

I have bought the asus nvidia 210 graphic card for the time being.

the service center will not repair the card as it is waste as there is no improve it as your need to bake the card using over trick but i don't guarantee if your are lucky or not

as don't waste your time that will be an bigger headache

so better buy new or used card from olx or t.e market or new at your choice..

Last edited:
Thanx arun. Yes time wasting thing it is.
I wasn't gaming on that card anyway so no big issue for me. Nvidia 210 would suffice my purpose for now.

Back