Panasonic or Phillips LED 39/42”?

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Will buy LED TV soon as I know someone with over 5Tbs of real good quality stuff.

Have to decide between Panasonic & Phillips.

Size: 39 or 42. I won’t go higher so please don’t suggest.

Prerequisites:

IPS Panel (178 degree viewing angle)

Full HD (Obviously)

Minimum 2 HDMI ports.

Black Bezel.

Longer the warrantee the better.

Thanks.

Vivek.

The Panasonic 42E6D - an LED with good black levels. Other. LEDs can't beat it. Go demo for yourself then decide.
A friend is strongly recommending this model: Phillips 42 PFL 6556.[DOUBLEPOST=1392525756][/DOUBLEPOST]The Pana is silver, I don't wanna buy another silver panel... :banghead:

Last edited:
Why is he recomendning it? dont worry about the silver bezel, its a TV worh every penny. This model from Philips doe snot even comes close. Again Demo and decide. Philips has servie issues, its real real bad. BTW, is he your freind really? ;)

Why is he recomendning it? dont worry about the silver bezel, its a TV worh every penny. This model from Philips doe snot even comes close. Again Demo and decide. Philips has servie issues, its real real bad. BTW, is he your freind really? ;)
I used my old Dell silver panel 22" for 6 years and hated it for its silver colour :p Is there a "black" TV that comes close to the one you mentioned?
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
There is a difference between monitor and tv. With a monitor u sit so up close that the bezel is noticeable. But for this TV it's so thin, about 1cm only that u won't notice. Plz go out and see for urself. The 42" is for 63k without any offers. And no other led comes close as this model almost matches a plasma in terms of black levels.

Do check for parts price as the warranty is only a year. Panasonic parts are very costly from what I gather; post warranty.

Internationally they have been giving 5Year warranty. Dont know why they are offerring less in India, but if you do buy from Vijay sales you can pay 3K extra for every extra year of warranty. Not sure what the current deal is. And here is proof of my claim for the Panny E6 to be better than the rest: http://www.hifivision.com/television/46706-e6-best-led-panasonic-has-ever-produced.html

Dont worry about the Bezel, especially if you have light cloured background on the walls. You will stop noticing the Bezel as time passes by. Eve I used to ehink that TVs should have only dark blak, non-glossy bezel; but as time passes by I have noticed that you really dont seem to notice it once you get used to it.

Bro I appreciate your advice but I don't wanna spend that much on a TV. Budget is limited. As low as possible + I don't want features I won't use like smart tv and 3D even in the future. I am thinking of Toshiba as well due to low budget and their extended ass.

Back