Video Pathetic Cheap Worst Tatasky Service ever--All Illiterates & DUMBS!!

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Ever since Sony and a tatasky war I tried after a month to watch tatasky from my pc.

Headed to this site: https://watch.tatasky.com/
logged-in and bang: Not able to find any single Sony channel for viewing. Fine.

Worse!!! For even any basic channel i click on i get this error

upload_2018-10-30_16-12-56.png

HDCP Error Detected:
To play this video, your display and HDMI cables must support
High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).
You can also try reconnecting HDMI cables or restarting your display

I think a month back or so I shifted on onboard gpu and unplugged my nvidia gtx690 due to non gaming for next few months.

Do this have any effect on this viewing & hence getting this error?

Getting utmost Pathetic Cheap Worst is their service center. When I'm telling them that I'm getting this very error on my pc and unable to view any channels in absence of tv those dumbasses always think the whole world is watching only on mobile and keep telling me to uninstall app or its your network settings bla bla!!!

She then transferred my call to her some age old so called Illiterate Dumb senior who sounded some about to die person who too kept shitting same shit from his mouth to unplug charger check network settings and install app etc. when here I'm shouting him like mad that its a damn computer/laptop and not able to view it anywhere. Can I have it transferred to a technical dept??? He was embarrassed and was quite for 2 mins or so then silently hung up!!

I wonder if tatasky hires such Illiterates & Dumbs then where shall we customers refer to??

Right now I'm worried about the error.

My dell monitor is connected via hdmi to my onboard gpu and I have no issues with any other sites expect this tatasky.

Please help fix this error.

etting utmost Pathetic Cheap Worst is their service center. When I'm telling them that I'm getting this very error on my pc and unable to view any channels in absence of tv those dumbasses always think the whole world is watching only on mobile and keep telling me to uninstall app or its your network settings bla bla!!!
I switched from Tata Sky to local..
As always, when spoke with them for last 4-5+ years I was a Premium User.
(Had all channels except HD)

Support always told for HD, we have to purchase a new setup, box will cost 9000 minimum with recording. (a srecording was required on our side). Replacement cannot take place in my scenario

BUT

Hardly 1 service was required.. in that life span..
(around 6500 per anum we paid for services)
Till Tata Sky box was corrupted and paid around 1200 or 1500 for second hand box replacement (it was done here).. in 4th or 5th year.
Within 5 months again the replaced box got corrupted, I was suggested for a new box. from support.

At actuals.. (warranty covered on replaced box was 6 months for which TATA sky support had no answers)... with provided details.

Switched to local service !!!!!
!!!!

HDCP support has to be present and available on all parts of the chain, meaning from the on board GPU to the mobo HDMI port to the monitor's HDMI port.

Can you check whether your mobo and monitor specs lists HDCP support or not? I'm not sure if the GPU needs to be HDCP also.

Looks like this is a valid error.

I just tried it and works for me, but I have DisplayPort connection not HDMI and AMD RX460 GPU.[DOUBLEPOST=1540900052][/DOUBLEPOST]Another thought - maybe it's just the browser? Try a different browser? Like Edge/Chrome?

Last edited:
Have you enabled to play DRM content in FF and is that Google's drm plugin enabled?

I can play Amazon prime video in full HD on my Intel GPU in FF.

Vishal may be tomorrow I will once again plug in my good old gpu and check.
Drm setting is on and enabled by default and never felt any need to turn it off.
Tried on ff and chrome. Will check on opera as well tomorrow.
I really dont understand this sudden issue with tatasky hdcp, I think they must had enables it long time ago.

Also try to disable any content blocking of adblock. Recently while using amazon prime video I too got similar error that video cannot be played in HD as HDCP is not supported in your machine. When I disabled the content blocking in firefox it worked fine.

@vishalrao I tried my gpu but same tatasky issue.

Now connected my dell monitor directly to tatsky stb with same hdmi cable and even reversed the cable ports to ensure no issues and its working perfect. No error on my monitor and its working as a tv just smooth.

So did any windows update screwed up watching tatsky on pc.

@puneet.darji I created a new windows account and tested on it with no ad blockers or anything but same issue.

Can't figure it out as my.monitor and hdmi cable both are good when connected directly to tatasky stb.

Saw few similar issue tweeted and have asked to those users to respond how their issue was resolved.

Not needed as till date everything was working perfect with same monitor+hdmi cable+gpu. Will still test once I'm home.

And see attached screenshot.

Also a major update, surprisingly I tested on Edge and IE and its working flawlessly.

So whats wrong with ff, chrome and opera no idea. They are updated to latest+latest flash cum shockwave cum silver light as well installed.

Attachments

• 1541061569956.jpg
    1541061569956.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 298
check if "hardware acceleration" option is enabled in FF and chrome settings.
Yes it is enabled by default on both browsers. I even force enabled them to make sure they wont jump back yo software rendering. But same error.

If tatasky is working on your firefox/chrome properly can you list its exact versions so I may try to downgrade and try on those ver.

Not sure how much the version might help but here they are:

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

FF is 63.0.1 (64-bit)

This is on fully updated Win10 (1803 not 1809)

Same here. Win 10 64bit fully updated till date, same for ff, chrome and Opera.

Actually i didnt cleared cookies of ff and chrome for almost 3months and when i did it last week this problem started.

try making a new profile in firefox and see if that helps. probably the silverlight plugin in firefox is acting up. Or use Edge browser. Silverlight should work really well in Edge.

Lol i didn't had silver light at all. And it still worked great in edge and ie.

Then installed it, same issue.
Created new profile same issue.
In fact tried in other user accounts same issue.
Create brand new account same issue.

The Twitter has gone mad on tatsky for this exact issue.

What dumb tatasky is suggesting is to contact your manufacturer of tv, pc, laptop etc.

Screenshot 2018-11-08 20.19.21.png
Screenshot 2018-11-08 20.19.35.png
@nRiTeCh

I have been watching tatasky on my pc for the last 1 year or so. Always use Chrome browser.

Recently I have started getting the error that you have mentioned. But I just hit F5 and the channel becomes available. The error shows up randomly. Take a look at the screenshots. I took them just before I began typing this post.

View attachment 77405 View attachment 77406 @nRiTeCh

I have been watching tatasky on my pc for the last 1 year or so. Always use Chrome browser.

Recently I have started getting the error that you have mentioned. But I just hit F5 and the channel becomes available. The error shows up randomly. Take a look at the screenshots. I took them just before I began typing this post.

Well the F5 thing just refreshes the entire tab/page landing again to the default tatasky page. So its useless.

I'm happy to view it on edge an ie browsers. At least I'm making some really in-crisis but important use of them after 15 long yrs.

Well the F5 thing just refreshes the entire tab/page landing again to the default tatasky page. So its useless.

I'm happy to view it on edge an ie browsers. At least I'm making some really in-crisis but important use of them after 15 long yrs.

For me it doesn't. I stay on the same page on which I hit F5.

Back