Pathetic experience with The IT DEPOT (Be carefull when Puchasing Online)

Rahul Rao

Recruit
I ordered a Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8GB GDDR5X (GV-N1080AORUS X-8GD) worth Rs.49875/- ( also charged 1200 Rs. (2% extra on credit card) , 700 Rs. for shipping and 6 months Emi charges, so almost cost me 55k). On 8th November and I got it on 16th November but it was damaged :tired::fearful::sob::sob:both outer fan was stuck and top metal plate was pressed against the heatsink (see attached pics). That's why it was damaged and bent.
So I called the IT depot support, they said send some pictures after that we can tell you what can we do. Then they told me return the card via courier, we will give you the shipping charges, I returned the card.

They received the card on 18th November and replied to me, we will send it to the service center then we will update you. They sent the card to service center on 20th November, after I asked they replied me it will take 3-4 days to replace it.

I said please do it fast i need the card urgently, I have some work pending, I can loose my clients but after 2 days they mail me it will take 5-6 days more. I told them you taking so much time please refund my money, they said no we can't refund we are replacing your card. I told them I don't want a damaged graphic card again so this time please send my card in wooden box, I will pay you for the wooden box, they reply don't worry it wont damage this time we assure you.

On 25th November they dispatched my card from THE PROFFESIONAL COURIERS, (it took 1 day extra compare to DTDC, after that i had to go personally to take my card from courier office:angry::angry:). And when i opened the box the graphic card was again damaged:fearscream::fearful::sob::sob:, same problem. One fan is stuck and damaged heatsink. I noticed that Gigabyte packaging also have some problem, the box is full compact, the inner cardboard boxes which cover the graphic card both side is so compact. So it can be reason of pressing upper metal plate against heatsink, but I am not sure it was the reason or a bad transport service.

I mailed them that I again received a damaged card but I will use the card because i don't trust you anymore your service is pathetic. And as I was know they didn't reply me, so currently I am using that card because i don't have so much time to waste on The IT depot's pathetic service. So guys I have learned something never purchase expensive things from online websites or if you really want to need something. Purchase only popular products because they have stock of that products so you can get fast replacement. So here my main problem is that they took so much time to deliver a card almost 20 days because they are running their business on our money.

First we order something then they use our money to order that product from dealer or other sources and if you get a damaged product then they are dependent on service centers. In this procedure it is very less risk for them, you can see any online website of high-end computer products they keep stock of cheap products and popular products only. If you order something expensive you have to wait and always a risk you get the product or not. I know its business its run like this.

So think carefully when you purchase anything from online site,read the website return policy first, always make unboxing video of your products, or if you directly purchase something open the box in front of shopkeeper and check for any damage.

Attachments

• 20171116_133519 copy.jpg
    20171116_133519 copy.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 20171116_133548.jpg
    20171116_133548.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 320
  • 20171116_133609.jpg
    20171116_133609.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 303
  • 20171116_133724.jpg
    20171116_133724.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 20171116_134601.jpg
    20171116_134601.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 311
  • 20171116_135907.jpg
    20171116_135907.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 20171116_135921.jpg
    20171116_135921.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 307
Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t you feel their quality of service level by the kind of shoddy looking websites they have? Even a 3rd grade website is more user friendly then them.

They use to be good a decade back when they were the only source to buy razer mouse in India.
after that I never seen a decent pricing with them, so I avoid them like Ebola. ( and stopped user razer filmsy products).

Don’t you feel their quality of service level by the kind of shoddy looking websites they have? Even a 3rd grade website is more user friendly then them.
+1. I don't think that ITdepot is a reliable site anymore.
@OP thanks for sharing your experiences.
But why did you go for ITdepot when we now have other sites like primeabgb and mdcomputers? :/

Well since yrs observing their site is 70% outdated and all expired products listed with literally no price tags on them thus totally nonupdated site.
Whats updated is just like a regular pan wallah shop items like mobos, rams, cpus, basic cabbies etc.

Last edited:
They should learn something from md computers and prime abgb in terms of websites updation. But it seems their maximum sales occurs offline so they might be least bothering.

Guys that time they are giving me the best price for graphic card if i compare with md computers or prime abgb, otherwise i always go to SMC INTERNATIONAL (Nehru Place, Delhi),
and guys my another bad luck after few weeks of my purchase they launched the free delivery in delhi:mad::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Well, I am unable to see the damage on the card, maybe its just me. But, I have ordered a few items from theITDepot and received it within the time frame. To be specific I ordered the S340 elite, and received in good condition. Agreed their site isnt the best, but they have updated products, their prices arent always the best, at time have good deals.

Back