Windows Pavillion Lappy almost dead!

It's fine. It's not used and also since seller is Appario retail, you are good to go.
Thanks vyral.
Post automatically merged:

Whichever SSD you are thinking of getting, do read online reviews before purchase, some larger storage SSDs in same budget are made of cheaper and slower hardware (like QLC NAND and DRAM-less) so be aware.
Oh my bad. Amazon one showing NAND....as warned by Vishalpro... ooppss... Should I go ?

Edit : got this from Flipkart...

Last edited:
Thanks vyral.

Oh my bad. Amazon one showing NAND....as warned by Vishalpro... ooppss... Should I go ?

Yes you can go for it - good pricing by amazon :D

Yes you can go for it - good pricing by amazon :D
But I refrained as u said - NAND version r slower hardware and mkt gimmick for lower price....! Amazon listing shows this drive with NAND version....

Whichever SSD you are thinking of getting, do read online reviews before purchase, some larger storage SSDs in same budget are made of cheaper and slower hardware (like QLC NAND and DRAM-less) so be aware.

But I refrained as u said - NAND version r slower hardware and mkt gimmick for lower price....! Amazon listing shows this drive with NAND version....
I'm not well versed with the technicalities of SSD, but the Crucial MX500 that you had linked (Amazon link) is based on 3D TLC NAND, which I believe is good (to the best of my knowledge). You can go for this.

This one that you have linked is a different form factor - M2. It is not a SATA SSD, which is what I believe you are trying to buy.

NAND version r slower hardware and mkt gimmick for lower price....!

It's type of NAND. During beginning of SSD era, MLC was type of NAND. It later shifted to TLC - which is kinda mainstream now. For even cheaper drives, market have also got QLC NAND. Apart from type of NAND, there are drives which come with or without DRAM. This is generally used for caching. Drives without DRAM are again for cost cutting like WD Green, Crucial BX500, etc. These type of drives are getting upper-mainstream for storage in west.

Crucial MX500 is good drive. It has TLC NAND and includes DRAM cache as well. A bit more technical info, DRAM size is ~1MB/1GB size of SSD. So for 250GB SSD, it is 256MB.

I'm not well versed with the technicalities of SSD, but the Crucial MX500 that you had linked (Amazon link) is based on 3D TLC NAND, which I believe is good (to the best of my knowledge). You can go for this.
okay. noted.
This one that you have linked is a different form factor - M2. It is not a SATA SSD, which is what I believe you are trying to buy.
Pl regret my tech knowledge. SATA SSD and only SSD ?! ... no idea.. sorry.

It's type of NAND. During beginning of SSD era, MLC was type of NAND. It later shifted to TLC - which is kinda mainstream now. For even cheaper drives, market have also got QLC NAND. Apart from type of NAND, there are drives which come with or without DRAM. This is generally used for caching. Drives without DRAM are again for cost cutting like WD Green, Crucial BX500, etc. These type of drives are getting upper-mainstream for storage in west.
Crucial MX500 is good drive. It has TLC NAND and includes DRAM cache as well. A bit more technical info, DRAM size is ~1MB/1GB size of SSD. So for 250GB SSD, it is 256MB.
Thnx for detailed info. Well, Crucial seems better option without much thinking ... finalized to order...

Yeah I think you may have ordered the wrong type of SSD... enjoy.
Dude, this confused me?!! ... I have not yet ordered but scrutinized Crucial as linked above (Amazon ) .... going to order ... okay ?

To All Friends:-
I hope Crucial SSD is compatible with my HP Pavillion Lappy (Win 7, 2015 model, touch screen) Even no idea which model it is ... Lol.:p... few pics attached, pl pause me if Crucial SSD not compatible.....
Dead 1TB Internal Drive.jpegLappy-1.jpegLappy-2.jpegLappy-3.jpeg

Attachments

• Lappy-4.jpeg
    Lappy-4.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 139
Looking at the pic of the old hard disk which you removed from your laptop, then the Crucial SSD ( 2.5 inch SATA form factor ) which you linked on Amazon is the one you should get. Just look at the pics of the SSD on the Amazon page you linked and see it looks just like your old HDD.

2.5" Crucial SSD from Amazon is compatible with your laptop.
It is HP Pavilion 15-p003tx.:D
Hey Dude, thank you so much. u r always help me to my null knowledge and silly questions !! :p:D:smug:
Looking at the pic of the old hard disk which you removed from your laptop, then the Crucial SSD ( 2.5 inch SATA form factor ) which you linked on Amazon is the one you should get. Just look at the pics of the SSD on the Amazon page you linked and see it looks just like your old HDD.
vishalpro , thanks.

So friends, here I go for ordering finally. ... Crucial SSD on Amazon.... https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0781VSXBP/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_m-7UEb08GH1T3
... will update soon. Thanks for all once again........

Back