Windows Pavillion Lappy almost dead!

Congratulations!! Even after being in this forum for more than a decade, I still suck at opening up laptops, upgrade RAM, SSDs etc.

Got the delivery. Amazon Prime very fast.:cool:
Can I do DIY job for this SSD. ?
Concerning also coz laptop hinge crack found both the side... (pics )
View attachment 85547View attachment 85548
well, as you know, DIY job already done for SSD. I have given lappy to local guy for hinge replacement since its right and left both are cracked. He billed me 4500 Rs. :oops:. He said new hinges fitted and while opening lappy back panel found cracked and also one wire got damaged which is very costly. He replaced all three stuff - 2 hinges, back panel and that wire... and charged me rs.4500/-. is this genuine ?

sad part is I have given this lappy to hime even not asking charge as this source is through one of my close friend in the company ....

well, as you know, DIY job already done for SSD. I have given lappy to local guy for hinge replacement since its right and left both are cracked. He billed me 4500 Rs. :oops:. He said new hinges fitted and while opening lappy back panel found cracked and also one wire got damaged which is very costly. He replaced all three stuff - 2 hinges, back panel and that wire... and charged me rs.4500/-. is this genuine ?

sad part is I have given this lappy to hime even not asking charge as this source is through one of my close friend in the company ....
If all the replaced parts were original HP stuff, then probably the spares alone would have cost around 2.5 to 3k. By back panel, do you mean the bottom portion of the laptop, or the back of the lcd screen? If it is the latter, it would definitely be on the costlier side.
However, I did get both the hinges replaced on my old Dell Inspiron, and the local tech did some jugaad for the cracked bottom panel, and it still works like a charm even after almost 2 years now. Best thing was, he charged me 800 rs for the entire job. I assumed he sourced the hinges from an old condemned laptop.

Back