Paypal Gateway - New RBI Guidelines " Are We Doomed "

ofcourse!! the bank account name should match your paypal account name.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I have 9.31$ in my paypal account and I can't withdraw that as the min. amount for withdrawal is 10$ :mad:

we need alternative for paypal.

its ridiculus.

its like i have money in my account and i cant even use it.

what more bs we can have/

its just that paypal do not want to handle headache of being treated as bank in india.

just frustating.honestly speaking.

can we use visa mastercard debit cards for sending paypal?

i tried my axisbank debit card.they refused saying paypal is not visa verified program,

so we cant honour paypl transaction.

using paypal is becoming headache day by day.

their non compliance with indian regulatory business is the bs.

^ Open an HDFC savings account and you can make unlimited virtual cards which work with PayPal. Or get a CC. ;)

thatsashok said:
i read somewhere its possible with SBI Yuva Card (VISA)

It used to work earlier, but not anymore. :(

trigger said:
I simply added my ICICI & SC credit cards..
But for a US account, don't they ask for address verification or something? So how will an Indian card work?

^ No paper work. Go to HDFC site and select 'Netsafe/ Verified by Visa/ MasterCard SecureCode'. You will need to register using your debit card number and pin etc, after that you can create the virtual cards.

ok,

can i use my visa / mastercard debit card straightaway for paypal?

when i used my axisbank debit card which is mastercard.

i was told

Dear Customer,

This is with reference to your email dated, March 07, 2011 to debit.card@axisbank.com regarding unable to use your Axis Bank debit card for transacting on line.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

It is unfortunate to note that, you were unable to transact online with your Axis Bank Debit Card. We regret the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.
However, we observe from our records that, the Paypal website is unlisted with Verified by Visa / Master Secure code. We take this opportunity to clarify that, only websites that are compliant / enabled by Verified by Visa / Master Secure code can be used for transacting online. Please note that, you must always look for the Visa / MasterCard secured code logo when you transact online henceforth.

We would request you to try the same and confirm to us.

so i can use hdfc bank debit card straigh away?

^ Only certain debit cards work. My friend's Indian Bank MasterCard debit card works fine with PayPal.

For HDFC you have to create a NetSafe Virtual Card and make the payment through that. The physical debit card will not work.

^ No No Debit card can work with paypal... atleast not indian ones... I had ICICI before & now HDFC neither of them work.. You need a credit card or a Virtual one like the above members said.

Its true Paypal is not Verified by Visa / Master Cards... Most users of Paypal are unaware of this.

^ IndianBank's MasterCard debit card works with Paypal. My friend has it and he has made payments using that few times.

But as you said, my HDFC nor ICICI debit cards work with Paypal.

ok so i have to make netsafe virtual card.

thats the only way out to complete pending transactions.

what about alternatives for papal?

the only service i've used except paypal is MoneyBookers.com

But it took 30 days for the payment to arrive to my Bank of Maharashtra account so I didn't try again with it when i switched to HDFC.

I am Wondering How India Bank can manage a debit card that works with Paypal but not HDFC / ICICI :(

smart brains are evrywhere ,

what makes difference is how well they are utilised.

may be indian bank cards arm is under some genius.

miracles thats all i can say.

^ 30 Days? That's a bit long. I have always received it in less than 5 days to my ICICI account. Moneybookers sends money by international swift transfer in EUR. If you open an account in INR, they convert back and forth to EUR whenever you make a withdrawal or payment etc. You'll lose some money in this currency conversion.

^ I know its too long... but that was my first payment i wire transferred to bank of Mah & its a Govt. bank so may be a reason for delay. I've never tried it since & this was 2 years back so you never know...

Until there is some serious problem that paypal causes to me, i wont stop using it.... as there aren't any better alternatives yet. most of them have huge fees & transaction costs.

Paypal won't let add a Indian debit card on your account but if you use alerpay it works perfect with Indian debit card I got my icici bank debit cards verified within 3 days as alerpay sends some amount to your account

aasimenator said:
^ I know its too long... but that was my first payment i wire transferred to bank of Mah & its a Govt. bank so may be a reason for delay. I've never tried it since & this was 2 years back so you never know...

Until there is some serious problem that paypal causes to me, i wont stop using it.... as there aren't any better alternatives yet. most of them have huge fees & transaction costs.
very true.

their is visa alternative under devlopment.

till it comes through.

we have to bear with it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

but akertpay is not under ebay.

so i doubt we can use it over ebay.

Back