Budget 41-50k PC Build for Audio Production and light Video Production

arsnova

Recruit
So guys I am living in a small two bedroom apartment and I have a basic home theater/recording setup with a nice Samsung TV| Samsung TV 690U Series 50" | HG50NJ690UFXZA , professional Yamaha studio monitors, an Audient ID14 audio interface and a PS4.

I want to build a rig that would enable me to use the Samsung TV as my monitor and I would like to use it primarily for audio production/recording, video editing, some Microsoft office work,streaming and maybe some light gaming.

I need a fast PC which is very quiet because this will be located in the Hall alongside the PS4 and the studio monitors. I don't want to spend too much at the moment, so if you guys can suggest some cheaper options with similar performance, then feel free.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
    • 40K to 50K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • I just use a laptop for work at the moment.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Not applicable
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU – AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz
    • Motherboard – Asrock B450 Pro4 AMD
    • GPU – GTX1050 ti OC
    • PSU – Cooler Master MWE450
    • RAM- G.Skill 8GB 3200 Mhz x 2
    • Cabinet- Chiptronix Raptor
    • SSD- Samsung EVO 250 SSD
    • Monitor- Using my Samsung UHD TV
    • Keyboard and Mouse- Undecided- I need a wireless keyboard and mouse
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • I am hoping that this configuration lasts me a few years. I don’t intend on doing massive gaming and just some audio and video production. Microsoft office, streaming etc etc. So suggest me something I can easily upgrade over time.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Audio Production
    • LightVideo Production
    • Light Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Nothing in particular
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. I want to use my Samsung TV 690U Series 50" | HG50NJ690UFXZA
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 | Please suggest if I need to buy the original

AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660 6GB)
Budget -72.7K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -12.7k (vedant computers)
Graphics Card -Galax GTX 1660 6GB -16k (vedant computers)
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB DDR4 (8GBx2) -7.5k (primeabgb.com)
SSD -Intel 660P 500GB M.2 SSD -4.3k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwtts Gold Pro 550w -5.5k
Cabinet -Antec DF500 RGB -4.5k
KB & Mouse Combo -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L RGB -4.2k (primeabgb.com)
Case Fan -Cooler Master Masterfan MF120L RGB -1k
Total -72.7K

• GPU – GTX1050 ti OC
  • PSU – Cooler Master MWE450
  • Cabinet- Chiptronix Raptor
Price difference between 1050Ti and RX570/GTX 1030 3GB isn't much. If you can spend, go for one these. Else GTX 1650.
Corsair CX450 is a better PSU.
Don't know how much that case costs, if it's over 2k better get one from popular brands.

AMD Gaming RIG (GTX 1660 6GB)
Budget -72.7K

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC -12.7k (vedant computers)
Graphics Card -Galax GTX 1660 6GB -16k (vedant computers)
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB DDR4 (8GBx2) -7.5k (primeabgb.com)
SSD -Intel 660P 500GB M.2 SSD -4.3k
Power Supply -Antec Earthwtts Gold Pro 550w -5.5k
KB & Mouse Combo -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L RGB -4.2k (primeabgb.com)
Case Fan -Cooler Master Masterfan MF120L RGB -1k
Total -72.7K

Isn't the ASRock motherboard cheaper than the MSI ? Any real benefits?
SSD- Intel better than the Samsung?
Also, since the CPU will be in the Hall, would prefer not having fancy lighting.. So any other cheaper cabinet you suggest?

Price difference between 1050Ti and RX570/GTX 1030 3GB isn't much. If you can spend, go for one these. Else GTX 1650.
Corsair CX450 is a better PSU.
Don't know how much that case costs, if it's over 2k better get one from popular brands.

AMD RX570 looks interesting...
Will go with Corsair CX450

Any other brands of cabinets you suggest? would prefer something understated.. matte black and sleek prefarably

Isn't the ASRock motherboard cheaper than the MSI ? Any real benefits?
SSD- Intel better than the Samsung?
Also, since the CPU will be in the Hall, would prefer not having fancy lighting.. So any other cheaper cabinet you suggest?

AMD RX570 looks interesting...
Will go with Corsair CX450

Any other brands of cabinets you suggest? would prefer something understated.. matte black and sleek prefarably
Asrock is cheaper but does not provide immediate updates while Intel is the cheaper alternative to samsung.

Asrock is cheaper but does not provide immediate updates while Intel is the cheaper alternative to samsung.
I have crossed my budget quite a bit already...

i am genuinely looking to spend as less as possible at the moment ... for my needs do you think I should tone down the processor, motherboard and GPU?
Any other alternatives that might work for me?

I have crossed my budget quite a bit already...

i am genuinely looking to spend as less as possible at the moment ... for my needs do you think I should tone down the processor, motherboard and GPU?
Any other alternatives that might work for me?
AMD Gaming & Redering RIG
Budget -62.2K (GTX 1650 4GB)

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3500 -11.2k
Motherboard - Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite -9.3k
Graphics Card -Zotac Gaming GTX 1650 4GB Mini -12k
RAM -ADATA XPG Gammix D30 8GB(3200Mhz) -3.3k
SSD -Kingston A400 480GB SSD -4.1k
Power Supply -Antec NE550M 550W -4k
Monitor -BenQ GW2280 22 inch LED IPS -8k
KB & Mouse -Cooler Master Devastator 3 Combo -2.4k
UPS -APC 600VA -2.3k (Amazon.in)
Shipping -1.1k

Total -62.2K

All prices are taken from https://www.vedantcomputers.com/ except unless specified above.

Last edited:
^^OP does not need Monitor hence 8K saved there and bringing total to 54.2K; might consider adding another 8GB stick making total at ~57K.

^^OP does not need Monitor hence 8K saved there and bringing total to 54.2K; might consider adding another 8GB stick making total at ~57K.
Yes then

AMD Gaming & Redering RIG (Excluding Monitor)
Budget -57.5K (GTX 1650 4GB)

RAM -ADATA XPG Gammix D30 8GB x2 (16GB)3200Mhz -6.6k
Shipping -1.1k

Total -57.5K

All prices are taken from https://www.vedantcomputers.com/ except unless specified above.

Yes then

AMD Gaming & Redering RIG (Excluding Monitor)
Budget -57.5K (GTX 1650 4GB)

RAM -ADATA XPG Gammix D30 8GB x2 (16GB)3200Mhz -6.6k
Shipping -1.1k

Total -57.5K

Thanks so much for this !

on a side note, I was just wondering and I probably need some opinions on this ... is there any real difference in going for a laptop with similar specs as opposed to a CPU...

The reason I was considering probably checking out a laptop is the portability.. it also enables me to disconnect the laptop and use it in another room if the TV is occupied by my wife ...

I found this as an option
ASUS TUF FX505DY-BQ002T 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (AMD Ryzen 5-3550H/8GB/1TB HDD/Windows 10/Radeon RX 560X 4GB Graphics/

ASUS TUF FX505DY-BQ002T 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (AMD Ryzen 5-3550H/8GB/1TB HDD/Windows 10/Radeon RX 560X 4GB Graphics/

RX560X is quite weak compared to GTX 1650. Similar Laptop with GTX 1650 and 120 Hz screen was going for 50K-ish this sale if my memory serves me well. You can consider that model.

is there any real difference in going for a laptop with similar specs as opposed to a CPU...
Yes, there is big difference. Laptop won't be as powerful as desktop.
If you go for a powerful laptop, it will be significantly expensive than the desktop equivalent.

Yes, there is big difference. Laptop won't be as powerful as desktop.
If you go for a powerful laptop, it will be significantly expensive than the desktop equivalent.

This is a good point. But nac I was trying to weigh the power vs portability advantages. So I do more audio recording than actually playing games so I am not sure if giving up a little bit of power is alright . Also, since I am tied down to the Samsung TV I am considering if a laptop would give me portability in case the TV is being used by my wife. I can always record audio in another room till such time that the TV room is vacant. What say?

If need be I can sell my present lenovo laptop and maybe improve my budget and pickup a Dell XPS or maybe a Surface Pro X etc etc

Guys What are your views on the Dell XPS or the Surface Pro X? If I do decide to go the laptop route I’ll start a new thread in the appropriate section or request this to be moved

Thanks so much for this !

on a side note, I was just wondering and I probably need some opinions on this ... is there any real difference in going for a laptop with similar specs as opposed to a CPU...

The reason I was considering probably checking out a laptop is the portability.. it also enables me to disconnect the laptop and use it in another room if the TV is occupied by my wife ...

I found this as an option
Check this lenovo india website once as they are offering custom build and stock laptops with discounts by applying CODES at the cart.
Gaming Laptop deals | Discounts on Gaming PCs | Lenovo India

Back