Budget 51-70k PC build for flight sim gaming

Total newbie here, but want to try flight sim.

Budget is slightly flexible, but want something that would be future proof for at least a couple of years.

Not particular between AMD or Intel.

Not even sure what res to aim for 1080 or 1440?

• What is your budget?
    • 70-80K excluding monitor
  • What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Nothing
  • Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Not applicable
  • Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Everything needed, but unsure of which brans and models and hence the post
  • Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No
  • Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Bangalore
    • Open to online purchase
  • Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE marketNo
  • What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Flight simulation usage
    • Minimal office work like spreadsheets etc
  • Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No preferences
  • If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Microsoft Flight Sim
    • X Plane 10

Dont even know much about what flight sims are available
  • What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1440
    2. May look to VR in the future
  • Are you looking to overclock?
  • No
  • Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Win 10

Below is what I found on a Google search. Frankly, as I have no idea about components, I am asking for your help/suggestions here.

Processor: Intel i5 9400F 6-Core Processor | Rs. 12,200
Motherboard: Asus Prime B360M-A Motherboard | Rs.12,600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 | Rs. 3,600
Graphics Card: Galax RTX 2060 6GB DDR6 Graphics Card | Rs. 29,500
Storage: 1TB Internal WD HDD | 240GB WD SSD M.2 | Rs. 3150 + 2550
Power Supply Unit: Corsair VS550 PSU | Rs. 3,750
Cabinet: Ant Esports ICE-400TG Mid Tower Gaming Cabinet | Rs. 4,900
Total Price: Rs.72,350

And here is one I found with AMD

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Price: Rs. 17,098 (Link)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 DS3H
  • Price: Rs. 6,450 (Link)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super
  • Price: Rs. 33,899 (Link)
  • Memory: ADATA Premier DDR4 2666 MHz
  • Price: Rs. 6920 (Link)
  • Case: NX200
  • Price: Rs. 2400 (Link)
  • PSU: Cooler Master MWE 550
  • Price: Rs. 3,377 (Link)
  • Storage: Kingston A400 480GB SSD
  • Price: Rs. 3,899 (Link)

Yet another dumb question, but, say I am looking at buying a Nvidia 2060 graphics card, I see them being sold by Asus, Zotac, MSI, Galax etc. How should I select which one to buy?

I guess my main quetions would be

CPU - Intel/AMD and which? And which board for each.
GPU - Nvidia or AMD, and which?

Also, lastly I see the Thrustmaster HOTAS 1600 for 130 dollars in the US, but 27K here. Anywhere that I can get it cheaper?

Last edited:
There is a questionnaire, better fill that. So that people can have better idea about what you want and suggest accordingly. Can't fit RTX 2060 Super and i5/R5 in a 70k budget rig assuming you're building the whole rig from scratch.

There is a questionnaire, better fill that. So that people can have better idea about what you want and suggest accordingly. Can't fit RTX 2060 Super and i5/R5 in a 70k budget rig assuming you're building the whole rig from scratch.

Found that questionnaire and filled it. Thanks

How should I select which one to buy?
Based on reviews, after sales service in your area and budget.

Another suggestion, with AMD config you need faster RAM say 3000MHz; Ryzen loves fast memories.

Overall I would say go for AMD based build, as with Zen2 AMD has got significant gains in IPC and Ryzen 5 3600 is sweet spot for gaming and powerhouse.

Ryzen build would be better, but given the budget for 2k gaming fitting R5 3600 would be little tight. Either you can give up 2060S for R5 3600 or 3600 for 2060S. You weigh your priorities and decide.
You can go for R5 2600 or R5 3500 (it's just launched, there are no reviews or full specification of this chip. My rough guess is it would perform better than R5 2600 or at least as good for lesser price) if you can't fit R5 3600
For 2k gaming go for at least RTX 2060. RX 5700 would give more fps than 2060 but no ray tracing support. Depends on your processor choice, you can get one of these two or 2060S

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 / 3500 / 2600
MB - B450 chipset board may need Bios update. Check with the seller before buying. Because of availability issues and pricing, I am giving few choices here. Check them in this order and pick the one you find and like/afford.
Asus Prime X570P​
Asrock B450 Pro4 / Fatal1ty Gaming​
Asus B450 Tuf M Pro Gaming​
MSI B450A Pro​
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 8GB DDR4 x 2
PSU - Corsair CX550
GPU - Asus for good after sales or Zotac for long warranty. Check the reviews of the model you narrow down and buy.
SSD - Crucial MX500 250GB/500GB
KB/Mouse - Logitech KB/Mouse combo
HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200 rpm (If you don't need more space, you can skip this for now and save money for other components)
Cabinet - Corsair Spec 01 / Deepcool Tesseract or Pick the one you like. Just make sure it has enough intake/exhaust fan provision and big enough to fit your MB and GPU.

For gaming you wouldn't be needing after market cooler, stock should be good enough. If you notice temp shoots up a lot, you can buy one later.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Budget -79.2K (GTX1660)

Processor -AMD Ryzen 5 3600 -17k
Motherboard -Asus TUF B450 Plus Gaming-8.6k
Graphics Card -Zotac GTX 1660 4GB Mini -17.8k
RAM -G.Skill SniperX 3600Mhz 16GB(8GBx2) -7.3k
SSD -Intel 660P NVME M.2 SSD -5.5k
Cabinet -Antec P8 ATX Cabinet -5k
Monitor -BenQ GW2280 22 inch LED IPS -8k
KB & Mouse -Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L Combo -4k
UPS -APC 1.1 KVA -6k

Total -79.2K

Thanks guys, starting with the GPU.

Hope this is future proof for at least a couple of years?
Post automatically merged:

Ryzen build would be better, but given the budget for 2k gaming fitting R5 3600 would be little tight. Either you can give up 2060S for R5 3600 or 3600 for 2060S. You weigh your priorities and decide.
You can go for R5 2600 or R5 3500 (it's just launched, there are no reviews or full specification of this chip. My rough guess is it would perform better than R5 2600 or at least as good for lesser price) if you can't fit R5 3600
For 2k gaming go for at least RTX 2060. RX 5700 would give more fps than 2060 but no ray tracing support. Depends on your processor choice, you can get one of these two or 2060S

CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 / 3500 / 2600
MB - B450 chipset board may need Bios update. Check with the seller before buying. Because of availability issues and pricing, I am giving few choices here. Check them in this order and pick the one you find and like/afford.
Asus Prime X570P​
Asrock B450 Pro4 / Fatal1ty Gaming​
Asus B450 Tuf M Pro Gaming​
MSI B450A Pro​
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 8GB DDR4 x 2
PSU - Corsair CX550
GPU - Asus for good after sales or Zotac for long warranty. Check the reviews of the model you narrow down and buy.
SSD - Crucial MX500 250GB/500GB
KB/Mouse - Logitech KB/Mouse combo
HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200 rpm (If you don't need more space, you can skip this for now and save money for other components)
Cabinet - Corsair Spec 01 / Deepcool Tesseract or Pick the one you like. Just make sure it has enough intake/exhaust fan provision and big enough to fit your MB and GPU.

For gaming you wouldn't be needing after market cooler, stock should be good enough. If you notice temp shoots up a lot, you can buy one later.

Edit: Typo

Thanks. Like I said I'm a total noob.

Starting with a

and a

Would these be good?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but, this is what I have till now. Does it look OK? Motherboard and cabinet is all that is left I think?

Also, is mdcomputers.in reliable?

Screenshot_46.jpg

Sorry guys, but, this is what I have till now. Does it look OK? Motherboard and cabinet is all that is left I think?

Also, is mdcomputers.in reliable?

View attachment 82425
yes but buy from vedant computers as they dont charge for payment gateway and very fast shipping.
I ordered 61k of PC parts from primeabgb but still I didnt get 3 parts which are SMPS, Keyboard and 120mm fan since 8 days.

Yeah, they are good. But you don't have budget for them.

Budget is flexible if the 8gb Nvidia 2060 super GPU is really better than the one in my mdcomouter cart. For my purpose of flight sim.

Change PSU to Corsair CX series or Antec Earthwatts series.
3200mhz ram sticks costs around 3000mhz, better get 3200mhz

Only 3200 ram that I found in 8gb sticks was Teamgroup Are they good? Isn't it better to have 2 8gb sticks than 1 16gb?

Last edited:
yes but buy from vedant computers as they dont charge for payment gateway and very fast shipping.
Pretty much everyone waiving payment gateway and shipping charges as diwali/dushera offer.
Budget is flexible if the 8gb Nvidia 2060 super GPU is really better than the one in my mdcomouter cart. For my purpose of flight sim.
Only 3200 ram that I found in 8gb sticks was Teamgroup Are they good?
Yes, it is better. But doesn't mean 2060 can't run flight sim. If budget is not an issue go for it.
If you don't find it in md computers, check primeabgb, vedant, itdepot.
And there is no point in going for M.2 SATA SSD. If you want M.2 better go for NVME, else go for 2.5" SATA SSD.

Pretty much everyone waiving payment gateway and shipping charges as diwali/dushera offer.

Yes, it is better. But doesn't mean 2060 can't run flight sim. If budget is not an issue go for it.
If you don't find it in md computers, check primeabgb, vedant, itdepot.
And there is no point in going for M.2 SATA SSD. If you want M.2 better go for NVME, else go for 2.5" SATA SSD.

Thanks again. I thought all those stick shaped SSDs were NVME. Now I learnt not. Would this Crucial be a good SSD choice?

Another dumb question. The MB I am looking at can take 3600 RAM. That should be faster than the 3200 right? Also, is it better to get a single 16gb stick or 2 8gb sticks?

Last edited:
So, this is what I'm finalizing on based on suggestions here. Just undecided on the GPU. Any suggestions/changes?

CORSAIR CX750 SMPS - 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certification PSU With Active PFC

Corsair Spec-01 Red LED (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet - With Transparent Side Panel (Black)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H WiFi Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen 3rd Gen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3600MHz Memory)

Amd Ryzen 5 3600 3rd Generation Desktop Processor With Wraith Stealth Cooling Solution (6 Core, Up To 4.2 GHz, AM4 Socket, 35MB Cache)

Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 192-bit Gaming Graphics Card, Active Fan Control, Metal Backplate, ZT-T20600F-10M

CRUCIAL P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD

Vvidia GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB DDR6

Adata XPG GAMMIX D30 DDR4 3200MHz 8GB (1x8GB) Desktop U-DIMM Memory (AX4U320038G16-SR30) X 2

Yes, but 3600 will be expensive as well.

2 * 8 GB with AMD System

Thanks. Yes,, I saw that 3600 is really expensive.

Will this MB support the Nvidia GPUs listed above?
Screenshot_50.jpg

Last edited:
CORSAIR CX750 SMPS - 750 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certification PSU With Active PFC
Gigabyte B450M DS3H WiFi Motherboard (Amd Socket AM4/Ryzen 3rd Gen Series CPU/Max 64GB DDR4-3600MHz Memory)
CRUCIAL P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
Will this MB support the Nvidia GPUs listed above?
550w is enough. You can get Antec Earthwatts 650 gold rated PSU from Primeabgb.
DS3H is not a good one, better avoid and go with one of the suggested boards above.
Sunil suggested Intel 660p, which is a much better one.
Yes, it does support but not recommended.

Back