Budget 31-40k PC config for my new Gaming cafe in Mumbai

Sanjay123

Recruit
Hi,

I am planning to open a new gaming cafe in Mumbai. The following is the Config I have been offered by a company -
CPU - i5 4th Gen
GFX - Inno3d Nvidia 750ti 2gb
Ram- Zion Gaming series 8gb
Mb- Biostar B85.
PSU- Antec BP 450
Chasis - Antec x1
HDD- Hitachi.

The total cost is coming around 40k and the company is providing some good branding facilities. Is the config ok for CSGo and Dota2? Kindly suggest

Regards
Sanjay

^ Although the configuration is sound, the after-sales and relative quality of components that does not inspire much confidence in me.

Which company is providing you this configuration though?

the config is fine for cs:go and dota2 but i feel that the pricing is not competitive-

core i5 starts at ~12k
b85 mobo starts at ~5k (gigabyte)
(a b81 mobo will also serve as the main diff. b/w the two is b85 has 2 extra usb3 ports and pci-e 3.0 which is useless for a single gpu)
750ti starts at ~10k (zotac)
8gb ram ~4k (kingston hyper/corsair vengeance)
antec bp450 ~2-3k
hitachi drive ~3.5k for 500gb and ~5k for 1tb
antec x1 ~3k
total - 39.5k to 42k using online prices. local rates will be about 10% less. (also consider that this is retail pricing - you should have gotten better pricing for a bulk order).

The above config is only worth the price if an original copy of windows is included.
Are keyboard+mouse and speakers/headphones included? if not then that's another 1.5-2k
My recommendation - shop around some more dealers.

Also, the dealer might offer pick up and drop warranty service but that involves their people taking the faulty component from you to the service centre. this in theory sounds good but it's a greater risk as you will be dependent on them to get off their butt while your business is at it's most vulnerable.

p.s. the gtx 950 is rumored to launch on august 17th, so if you have time then you can hold off and buy that OR try to get the older 750ti for a lower price.

Go with the following config buddy:

Budget - 35k (Gaming Rig)

Processor Intel Core i3 7,500

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 3,500
Memory
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz 3,800
Graphics Card
Inno3d GTX750Ti 2GB DDR5 10,000
Power Supply
Antec VP450P 2,500
Cabinet
Zebronics SPY II 1,000
Internal Storage
Hitachi 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD 3,500
Monitor
Dell E1914H 18.5" LED Monitor 5,200
Keyboard
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo 800
Mouse
included in combo 0

Total 37,800

The company is Abacus Peripherals Pvt Ltd. They have this cafe drive going on - http://www.zionram.in/cafe.

Actually if we buy 10 pcs they will do branding and give support for sponsorship for gaming tournaments/events
^ Although the configuration is sound, the after-sales and relative quality of components that does not inspire much confidence in me.

Which company is providing you this configuration though?

the config is fine for cs:go and dota2 but i feel that the pricing is not competitive-

core i5 starts at ~12k
b85 mobo starts at ~5k (gigabyte)
(a b81 mobo will also serve as the main diff. b/w the two is b85 has 2 extra usb3 ports and pci-e 3.0 which is useless for a single gpu)
750ti starts at ~10k (zotac)
8gb ram ~4k (kingston hyper/corsair vengeance)
antec bp450 ~2-3k
hitachi drive ~3.5k for 500gb and ~5k for 1tb
antec x1 ~3k
total - 39.5k to 42k using online prices. local rates will be about 10% less. (also consider that this is retail pricing - you should have gotten better pricing for a bulk order).

The above config is only worth the price if an original copy of windows is included.
Are keyboard+mouse and speakers/headphones included? if not then that's another 1.5-2k
My recommendation - shop around some more dealers.

Also, the dealer might offer pick up and drop warranty service but that involves their people taking the faulty component from you to the service centre. this in theory sounds good but it's a greater risk as you will be dependent on them to get off their butt while your business is at it's most vulnerable.

p.s. the gtx 950 is rumored to launch on august 17th, so if you have time then you can hold off and buy that OR try to get the older 750ti for a lower price.

Thanks for your rpely. Abacus is actually providing free branding inside the cafe. Which will help me save money on interior. Plus some sponsorship support. You are right. I must bargain more and get best rates. Also 950 can be a good option too. Thanks again

I guess processor plays an important role and some gamers suggested I must not go below i5 or will not get good FPS. Is dell a good option or benq/samsung?

Also, as all this components are being supplied by 1 company. I am think service will be easy. Plus some added advantages they are providing.

I am a bit confused about Zion rams only. 1 cafe in thane has put these rams and are working great is what he says. Also, I read some reviews and looks fine but thought to take a second opinion http://androwin.com/reviews/ram-review-zion-xtreme-8-gb-1600-mhz-gaming-ram/

Go with the following config buddy:

Budget - 35k (Gaming Rig)

Processor Intel Core i3 7,500

Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 3,500
Memory
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MHz 3,800
Graphics Card
Inno3d GTX750Ti 2GB DDR5 10,000
Power Supply
Antec VP450P 2,500
Cabinet
Zebronics SPY II 1,000
Internal Storage
Hitachi 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD 3,500
Monitor
Dell E1914H 18.5" LED Monitor 5,200
Keyboard
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combo 800
Mouse
included in combo 0

Total 37,800

The company is Abacus Peripherals Pvt Ltd. They have this cafe drive going on - http://www.zionram.in/cafe.

Actually if we buy 10 pcs they will do branding and give support for sponsorship for gaming tournaments/events

Okay, if that is the case, that sounds like a decent deal.

Try to bargain with them a bit and ask about the after sales they will give for the graphic card, motherboard and RAM. Because the board is the weakest link I see in your build, BioStar never has had much of a presence in our country.
I guess processor plays an important role and some gamers suggested I must not go below i5 or will not get good FPS. Is dell a good option or benq/samsung?

Also, as all this components are being supplied by 1 company. I am think service will be easy. Plus some added advantages they are providing.

I am a bit confused about Zion rams only. 1 cafe in thane has put these rams and are working great is what he says. Also, I read some reviews and looks fine but thought to take a second opinion http://androwin.com/reviews/ram-review-zion-xtreme-8-gb-1600-mhz-gaming-ram/

Processor, even an i3 would give you respectable performance but to be on the safer side, I agree an i5 would be worth it.

DELL, SAMSUNG and BenQ, are you asking for monitors?

If yes, DELL and BenQ are your only choice in the Indian market, SAMSUNG is not a big fish here. Also, what models you got in mind because that will decide the performance metrics. Also, what screen size?

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Thanks for your rpely. Abacus is actually providing free branding inside the cafe. Which will help me save money on interior. Plus some sponsorship support. You are right. I must bargain more and get best rates. Also 950 can be a good option too. Thanks again
ok then that makes it a much better deal. if bargaining then perhaps try to get windows or game licences.

I guess processor plays an important role and some gamers suggested I must not go below i5 or will not get good FPS.
with a 750ti an i3/fx 6300 is fine. beyond that, yes an i5 will give better performance but shifting that money to a better gpu will get even greater gains.
basically an i3 with an r9 270x will perform better than an i5 with a 750ti.

Okay, if that is the case, that sounds like a decent deal.

Try to bargain with them a bit and ask about the after sales they will give for the graphic card, motherboard and RAM. Because the board is the weakest link I see in your build, BioStar never has had much of a presence in our country.

Processor, even an i3 would give you respectable performance but to be on the safer side, I agree an i5 would be worth it.

DELL, SAMSUNG and BenQ, are you asking for monitors?

If yes, DELL and BenQ are your only choice in the Indian market, SAMSUNG is not a big fish here. Also, what models you got in mind because that will decide the performance metrics. Also, what screen size?

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Hi. Thanks. I guess screen size should be 21 inches for gaming PC? What do u think?

Some quick tips :
Hope you're gonna get decent headphones for gaming as it'll attract LAN gamers especially for CS!

About the rig :
Mobo : as suggested,dump Biostar,go for Gigabyte or Asus
HDD : Go for WD 500GB-1TB for all hard disk price diff isn't much,1 TB suggested for better added value Model : WD10EZEX (part of WD Blue) @ 4.2K MAX each or Purple Series (some of these have a 3-yr warranty i guess wrt other drives),WD black is the best (5yrs warranty) but retails at almost 2X the cost so consider this only for a primary system like admin.
Mouse,KB : Wired suggested,Logitech has really good RMA,warranty period & terms with fast replacements - took 1 week to replace my out-of-stock wireless mouse replaced with brand-new sealed piece!
RAM : Corsair (3-5 yr warranty i guess?+Good RMA) or GSkill (10 yr warranty!) Zion i don't know,check quality and terms before buying.
PSU : Seasonic or Corsair
Monitor and GFX card : i have no personal experience about these areas.
Spike Guard : Belkin 6-pin or 8-pin

Avoid buying any of this online,go to lamington road for individual or all components since it's a bulk buy - you'll get a lot of discounts.
Make sure serial numbers are stored in excel file with date,proof and warranty info.
Get extended warranty as much as possible for all products that you plan to use for more than 2 yrs.
For warranty info about WD,Logitech,Sandisk,Seagate in Mumbai - you can pm,i'll give service centre details directly.

If this helped you in any way,i'll glady be open towards accepting an all-access pass to your first as well as future Gaming Zones :p
ALL THE BEST DUDE :D

Thank you for the explanation my friend...I got the same input for the motherboard for 2 more frds. i will keep in mind :)

Cheers!

Some quick tips :
Hope you're gonna get decent headphones for gaming as it'll attract LAN gamers especially for CS!

About the rig :
Mobo : as suggested,dump Biostar,go for Gigabyte or Asus
HDD : Go for WD 500GB-1TB for all hard disk price diff isn't much,1 TB suggested for better added value Model : WD10EZEX (part of WD Blue) @ 4.2K MAX each or Purple Series (some of these have a 3-yr warranty i guess wrt other drives),WD black is the best (5yrs warranty) but retails at almost 2X the cost so consider this only for a primary system like admin.
Mouse,KB : Wired suggested,Logitech has really good RMA,warranty period & terms with fast replacements - took 1 week to replace my out-of-stock wireless mouse replaced with brand-new sealed piece!
RAM : Corsair (3-5 yr warranty i guess?+Good RMA) or GSkill (10 yr warranty!) Zion i don't know,check quality and terms before buying.
PSU : Seasonic or Corsair
Monitor and GFX card : i have no personal experience about these areas.
Spike Guard : Belkin 6-pin or 8-pin

Avoid buying any of this online,go to lamington road for individual or all components since it's a bulk buy - you'll get a lot of discounts.
Make sure serial numbers are stored in excel file with date,proof and warranty info.
Get extended warranty as much as possible for all products that you plan to use for more than 2 yrs.
For warranty info about WD,Logitech,Sandisk,Seagate in Mumbai - you can pm,i'll give service centre details directly.

If this helped you in any way,i'll glady be open towards accepting an all-access pass to your first as well as future Gaming Zones :p
ALL THE BEST DUDE :D

I would suggest to make a trip to Lamington and bargain hard and see what you get. From my knowledge, you can build an entry level i3 CPU only for about 17-18K - i3 4160, Gigabyte H81, 4GB Kingston, 1TB WD Blue, VIP/Circle PSU and case. This is tax inclusive.

Now, if you push it to a i5 and B85, the price for the above config should goto 23~24K. Minus about 1.5K for the cheap PSU and case.

I would suggest to first get your total requirement in order, and then go for quotes.

Finally, for individual components, you will need to contact individual companies.

If you need some help with networks, do not hesittate to PM me.

Hi Vivek. Thanks :) I would prefer i5 as the machine would be ready for future games as well, or I may have to re invest in the processor again in near future. i7 would be certainly out of budget. what is your view on the GFX?

I would suggest to make a trip to Lamington and bargain hard and see what you get. From my knowledge, you can build an entry level i3 CPU only for about 17-18K - i3 4160, Gigabyte H81, 4GB Kingston, 1TB WD Blue, VIP/Circle PSU and case. This is tax inclusive.

Now, if you push it to a i5 and B85, the price for the above config should goto 23~24K. Minus about 1.5K for the cheap PSU and case.

I would suggest to first get your total requirement in order, and then go for quotes.

Finally, for individual components, you will need to contact individual companies.

If you need some help with networks, do not hesittate to PM me.

Hi Vivek. Thanks :) I would prefer i5 as the machine would be ready for future games as well, or I may have to re invest in the processor again in near future. i7 would be certainly out of budget. what is your view on the GFX?

I dont think you need i5 to play most games these days, but then, I am sort of like out of touch with gaming. As for the GPU, I would suggest to pick the last gen card when the next gen comes in. And bargain hard.

Back