PC Peripherals PC doesn't move past the start-up screen!!

eternoMind

Skilled
Guys, been facing this issue for a few days now so any inputs would be really appreciated.

First of all, the system config,

Athlon X2 5000+

Biostar A785GE

Sapphire HD5670 1GB

Transcend 2GB DDR2

FSP Saga II 350W

2 Seagate HDDs

Peripherals - DVD ROM, KB and Mouse.

The problem showed up sometime ago when suddenly after a shutdown, during the restart the PC just wouldn't go past the start-up/flash screen. Doesn't even reach the BIOS screen. So i reset the CMOS and then the PC booted normally. Again the next day this problem showed up and resetting CMOS did not work this time. So i removed the RAM, cleaned it (it was not dusty as such) and put it back in the same slot, and PC booted fine. The third time it happened, i had to put the RAM module in the other slot and only then the PC booted normally.

A week later, today when i attached another HDD, the same problem occurred. Booted fine after changing RAM's location again. What's failing here?

Think the RAM is failing. Could even be the slots. My friend's PC frequently used to behave in more or less the same manner, and for the 1st time i asked him to clean the RAM, check. That worked out and from that day he started doing the same thing whenever PC fails to boot up....

Borrow your friends RAM or check your RAM in your friend's PC. Thats the only way. Dont forget to report...
Actually what might be the issue guys ?.

Back