Budget 0-20k PC for 15k Budget

ampdr1

Disciple
Hi everyone,
I want to build a PC for a budget or around 15k... i understand am on a very tight budget... still kindly advise me the config based on below criteria...
Thanks in Advance... :)
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, will upgrade the within a year or two
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Film editing
    • Office works
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • none in particular
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• NA
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - should be suitable for Film Editing/ watching....
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

You have not clarified what do you plan to upgrade within a year? You can get a PC in 15k, but it will be utterly non-upgradable. Second hand PC idea is good.

second hand pc is out of question, i can extend it to 20k

i3 3220 (7000)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4200)
G.Skill ripjawsX 1600 MHz 4 GB (2400)
WD Blue 500 GB (3000)
Antec VP450P (2600)
Dell IN 2030 (6800)
Logitech MK200 (800)
local zebronics cabinet (900)
Asus optical drive (1000)

This is a very basic config and even this costs >20k.

Can shave off about 5k by going with a Celeron G1610 (~3.2k) + Gigabyte H61 board (~3.1k). But yeah, its still about ~24k.

I guess you're on Thinkdigit forums too. The VP450P is a so-so PSU, might as well get the Corsair CX430 V2.

Yes I am on TDF. CX430V2 is good but with too many cases of failed PSU's and increased price, I suggested VP450P. If OP buys from FK or somewhere else where he can easily replace the PSU, then CX430V is equally good.

offtopic: how do you arr sig to the posts?

Op will upgrade in a year or two [ andf if it's two ] so let's keep IB aside and FX 8350 performs very well in video editing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-12.html
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8350/5.htm

So I would suggest this :

AMD Athlon II X2 - 270 @ 3.4k [ op can upgrade to FX 8350 later ]
78LMT-USB3 @ 4.2k [ the board supports FX 8350 ]
2GB Ram @ 1.4k [ *upgradeable]
320GB HDD @ 2.6k [ *upgradeable]
Basic Cabinet with PSU from Zebronics @ 1.1k [ can be upgraded later ]
Basic KB+Mouse @ 0.3k
LiteOn DVD Drive @1k

now Op his left with some 6k for a monitor with which can try to buy a second hand 22 inch full HD monitor or else borrow a PD from a friend to install windows and other softwares, skip the DVD drive and add 2k more to get a new 22 inch monitor.

I don't know why Op used the word the but it's only a matter of time before IB disappears from the market like SB [ Intel's standard policy ] ;)

Op will upgrade in a year or two [ andf if it's two ] so let's keep IB aside and FX 8350 performs very well in video editing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-12.html
http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8350/5.htm

So I would suggest this :

AMD Athlon II X2 - 270 @ 3.4k [ op can upgrade to FX 8350 later ]
78LMT-USB3 @ 4.2k [ the board supports FX 8350 ]
2GB Ram @ 1.4k [ *upgradeable]
320GB HDD @ 2.6k [ *upgradeable]
Basic Cabinet with PSU from Zebronics @ 1.1k [ can be upgraded later ]
Basic KB+Mouse @ 0.3k
LiteOn DVD Drive @1k

now Op his left with some 6k for a monitor with which can try to buy a second hand 22 inch full HD monitor or else borrow a PD from a friend to install windows and other softwares, skip the DVD drive and add 2k more to get a new 22 inch monitor.
2GB seems too less in today's world.... i would at least go for 4GB...
can i have intel equivalent for this config? will intel be better option considering rough tough use, power efficiency (IB or new Haswell)???
pls advise...[DOUBLEPOST=1379085309][/DOUBLEPOST]
^^ so you decided on any config yet ?
not yet...
can settle for economical but Dell monitor... screen size won't matter as long as it has std aspect ratio...

if you want a intel combo then either you can go with what what @Crazy_Eddy has suggested or wait for newer haswell based pentium/celeron dual core cpus - the only con going with a IB config is they are going to be EOLed pretty soon so when you need to upgrade later you may not find a suitable cpu/mobo later. For ram if you can then go with 4GB ram and if you are looking for a 16:9 screen for HD movies then you can get even a 16 inch wide screen LED lcd which will cost you a little over 4K :D

I do not understand why it takes so much time for Intel to make it available their products in India even though those are already in sell in other countries.
I'll say wait for couple of weeks for new Intel haswell pentium G3220 or order from international websites online and buy other thing here.

@topgear Yeh, we can buy from international sites, but the biggest problem is the nasty customs officers/CHHORs who do not follow the rules and the levy the customs duty as per their state of mind ... sic .....

Also, I do not see any major improvement on G3220 from G2020, and we can live with that. But the problem is, Intel plays smart by announcing the previous products as EOL (End Of Life) quickly once they have a new product in market.

Amazon Global takes cares of the customs [ and will show you an estimated total cost ] but I completely agree with you said .. every thing is so true.

I do not understand why it takes so much time for Intel to make it available their products in India even though those are already in sell in other countries.
I'll say wait for couple of weeks for new Intel haswell pentium G3220 or order from international websites online and buy other thing here.

+1 for the G3220. I'm holding out for it as well.

There may not be much of a difference between the G2020 and this one, but I've been hearing good things about the Intel HD Graphics 4400/4600, so the combo will be great. Considering your budget, onboard gfx is what you'll get and this should make it worthwhile.

Last edited:
Back