PC I -Home-Games & HD Content - Budget & Req inside -

PC I -Home-Games & HD Content - Budget & Req inside -

TEMPLATE:

1. Q: What is your budget?
25K. Though welcome to stretch it wee a bit more if absolutely neccessary.

2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
A very old Computer and interested in new Computer.

3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
HDD: 500Gb SATA - Seagate
Display: Samsung 26" LCDTv

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name).
1. CPU - Intel or AMD
2. Motherboard - Any compatible motherboard
3. GPU - nVidia or ATI as required.Will wait it out, if overshooting budget. But onboard graphics should be fine.
4. RAM - Corsair XMS or Corsair Vengeance 4Gb X 2 Nos - Which to go out for?
5. SMPS - Corsair VX 430 V2 Obvious.
5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future.
1. Yes, will upgrade to 5~6 HDDs within 1 year.
6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1. Chennai
2. Open to online purchase
3. TE Dealers
7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No.

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1. Watching HD movies, Documentaries.
2. Gaming
3. Desktop Processing
4. 24x7 operation

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1. Prefer reputed brands having ASS in Chennai.

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
1. Batman Arkham
2. Racing - NFS likes.

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Have No idea. Prefer to use it with Samsung 26" LCDTv as above.

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Absolutely No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1. Windows 7 64 bit

Core i3 2100 ~ 5.1k

Intel DH67BL(B3) - 5k

2x2 GB DDR3 RAM - 1.7k ( 8GB is really an overkill since most applications wont make use of the memory.. unless u are into 3d rendering/video editing .. etc)

Seasonic S12II 430w ~ 3.5k

MSi HD6850 cylcone PE ~ 9350 ( assuming its a 26'' fullhd tv..) if not, then u can go for the MSi HD6770 ~ 6.5k

Case - NZXT gamma - 2.1k

If you plan to upgrade to 5~6 HDDs in a years time, ensure that the board you plan to buy has enough SATA ports, one will be already used for a DVD drive. Plus in the current scenario, i dont think pricing is good enough for so many HDDs ;)

Gee that was fast. Thanks a lot guys.

@ Hayabusa

Core i3 2100 ~ 5.1k

Intel DH67BL(B3) - 5k

2x2 GB DDR3 RAM - 1.7k ( 8GB is really an overkill since most applications wont make use of the memory.. unless u are into 3d rendering/video editing .. etc)

Seasonic S12II 430w ~ 3.5k

MSi HD6850 cylcone PE ~ 9350 ( assuming its a 26'' fullhd tv..) if not, then u can go for the MSi HD6770 ~ 6.5k

Case - NZXT gamma - 2.1k

I am already getting the CM 690 from my cuz so skip out the Cabinet.

Also the Price of RAM's is cheap, so thought of getting more for later use. Should I get XMS or Vengeance of Corsair.

Is the seasonic SMPS better than Corsair 430 V2 that warrants a cost bump.

Is it possible for i5 config, since I am looking at future ready.

@ Vivek

If you plan to upgrade to 5~6 HDDs in a years time, ensure that the board you plan to buy has enough SATA ports, one will be already used for a DVD drive. Plus in the current scenario, i dont think pricing is good enough for so many HDDs

Yeah. super costs. Thanks for the concern man. I already have 4 HDDs - Seagate 500 gb SATA ones. I have been using them on D Link NAS system which I will use it here. Plus you never know the price in future. Also If required to buy, then you got to get one. Right.

I am not gonna use ODD as already have an external ASUS DVD RW using it for Lappy.

@ Darkangel

So other than the mentioned 5 components do you have the rest of the peripherals like KB, mouse, ODD, speakers etc....?

Thanks Darky, I already have the KB/Mouse , Cabinet, Speakers, UPS.

The board has two sata 6GB/s and three sata 3gb/s ports so i guess ull be fine with that.

The seasonic 430w psu comes with two six-pin powerconnector.. so ull be able to upgrade to a higher-end graphics card in the future and it comes with a 5year warranty to the 3year on the cx430.!

Well .. if u can extend ur budget a little, then u can go for this config :

i5 2400 ~ Rs9300

Intel DH67BL-b3 ~5.1k

2x4 GB Gskil RipJawsX CL9 ram ~ Rs3600

Seasonic s12II 430w psu - 3k

MSi HD6850 cyclone PE - Rs 9300

Well, the reason i mentioned it is coz i already have used up all my SATA ports, now only have an eSATA port on the back. Also, IMO, if all you plan to do is use it as HTPC/Home usage, even a Pentium G620 will suffice. But if gaming heavily, get the i3 at least.

Thanks.

Its kinda HTPC, but gaming as mentioned above.

@Hayabusa

The board has two sata 6GB/s and three sata 3gb/s ports so i guess ull be fine with that.

The seasonic 430w psu comes with two six-pin powerconnector.. so ull be able to upgrade to a higher-end graphics card in the future and it comes with a 5year warranty to the 3year on the cx430.!

Well .. if u can extend ur budget a little, then u can go for this config :

i5 2400 ~ Rs9300

Intel DH67BL-b3 ~5.1k

2x4 GB Gskil RipJawsX CL9 ram ~ Rs3600

Seasonic s12II 430w psu - 3k

MSi HD6850 cyclone PE - Rs 9300

Is the Intel Motherboard worth it? Used to get ASUS, Gigabyte and my fav Biostar.

Any other good models from the stables of ASUS, GB, BIOSTAR. Let me know by how much I got to extend my budget.

Also any other graphic cards that I should look out for other than the ones mentioned by you.

Intel Core i3 2100 ~ 6.2k
Asus P8H67-V ~ 7.4k (ATX mobo with all the goodies)
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM ~ 1.3k
Seasonic S12II 430w ~ 2.8k
Sapphire or MSI HD6770 ~ 6.8k (If gaming @ 720p) and HD6850 ~ 9.8k (If FHD gaming and if you will expand the titles you play) You can also decide to wait for the 28nm GPU from AMD to hit the stores before getting one (Mostly Decemeber in US and Jan in India. But do check the GPU section in TE)

Thanks Dark Angel.

Can I go for i5 series, if so what will be option to go for the mobo and the CPU for gaming @720p ...The Tv is not a FullHD.

I can stretch the budget a bit more.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One more query:

The LCDTv is Samsung LA26B350F1,this model is not FullHD supported. Am I right?

If so which Gfx Card is better MSI HD6770, Sapphire HD6770 & XFX HD6770.

Yup your TV is HD ready only which means its resolution is just 1366*768. So the HD6770 would suffice.

My pick would be Sapphire > MSI > XFX (Based on the after sales service) So go for the Sapphire one if available and doesn't cost a premium over MSI.

For such gaming requirements a i3 2100 would suffice IMO. If you dont want USB 3.0 then you can go for the Asus P8H67-M-LX ~ 5.2k

Back