My system configuration is-
Biostar ta785ge-128m
Amd athlon x2 240
Corsair vx450
Kingston 2gb ddr2 ram(2 modules)
Benq 22' led
Seagate 500gb 7200.12
WD caviar blue 500gb

My system is not booting up, there is no post, nothing is showing up on the screen.
All the fans are spinning upon startup, and i can't shutdown the system through power button, the only way to shut it down is to shutdown the power from power supply switch.
I tried with one ram, different slots, removed and inserted the cpu power cable and motherboard power cable, cleared the CMOS.
The motherboard led indicator is showing-"abnormal:CPU/Chipset error"

Now i don't know if the motherboard is gone bad or the cpu, and i have no way of testing these components with some other system.
Help me figure this out guys.

Hi,
My system configuration is-
Biostar ta785ge-128m
Amd athlon x2 240
Corsair vx450
Kingston 2gb ddr2 ram(2 modules)
Benq 22' led
Seagate 500gb 7200.12
WD caviar blue 500gb

My system is not booting up, there is no post, nothing is showing up on the screen.
All the fans are spinning upon startup, and i can't shutdown the system through power button, the only way to shut it down is to shutdown the power from power supply switch.
I tried with one ram, different slots, removed and inserted the cpu power cable and motherboard power cable, cleared the CMOS.
The motherboard led indicator is showing-"abnormal:CPU/Chipset error"

Now i don't know if the motherboard is gone bad or the cpu, and i have no way of testing these components with some other system.
Help me figure this out guys.

Mostly its the cpu/mobo that's gone bad. Although I would not rule out a PSU issue either.

Are the components under warranty?

I've tried with a local psu, still can't boot, i think its the motherboard.
I'm from delhi vikaspuri, any local guys knew any local repair shop, where i can test out cpu and the motherboard?

did you try removing and re-seating the cpu in cpu socket? if mobo shows cpu error, then mobo is working right?

reset cpu through onboard jumper and try. there must be pin on mobo to reset cmos. or remove cmos battery after poweroff, switch off mains, press power button on cabinet, then put battery back in and switch on mains and try again.

if after this it still shows error, mobo is dead.

I had a similar issue last week with my PC...
I had dis-mantled it completely for cleaning... and after re-assembling, it worked for sometime, then freezed and on resetting would not show up anything on the display(No Signal)... but all the fans/lights were running normally (mobo led was not showing any error)...
On googling, found that it may be a case of shorting due to static electricity....
The solution:
Removed the power cord from the mains.
Pressed down the Cabinet Power Button for about a minute and released it.
Plugged in the power cord...powered up...and voila...everything worked...

Went to a repair shop,, motherboard is gone bad,, cpu is fine. He said that the chip is damaged, i've asked if it's the northbridge or the southbridge, he said "nvidia ki chip kharab ho gayi hai"(nvidia chip is damaged), i said to him its a amd board, he pointed at southbridge.:p
Any way, he was sure it was damaged.
Now i have to buy a new motherboard.
Am3+ boards can run athlon 240 right?

Did you try connecting the monitor to get the display? :eek: Just Kidding mate....
Just removing the board CPU and reassembling them worked for me a couple of times....
From your above post I think you better take a second opinion....before rushing to buy a new one.... try ur board and a frnds CPU(compatible one) and see if it works fine and do the same for CPU... just to make sure who is the culprit....

I've checked the cpu on a friends system, it didn't run/post.
Now i'm going tomorrow to a "actual" repair shop with both mobo/cpu.

Cpu is dead but i've to go to nehru place to check the mobo.

Can power supply do this?
My hdd went bad, then gpu, then the cpu.
Is there any way to check if smps doing this?:(

And how do the psu damage other parts?, is there any physical damage/burn on other components if the psu is faulty?

I'm going to give the corsair vx450 to "kaizen" nehru place to have them check it, what model/series should i expect if the psu turns out to be faulty??
As i've heard the vs series is not good.
Guys give me you input about this ASAP:eek:, i'm going tomorrow.

Submitted the psu to kaizen nehru place, they said it'll take 10-15 days to replace.
Also the cpu and motherboard are fried, i took them to a repair shop nehru place, he check the board with a different cpu and my cpu with a different board, both were dead.
He said electricity fluctuations/bad psu/earthing problems can do this, as a matter of fact i've earthing issue in my house.
My whole system is dead:mad:, only two hard drive are working, else is fried.

Back