Budget 0-20k pc upgrade help

captain83

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
CPU - Intel atom 1.6 ghz
Motherboard - dg945
GPU - nvidia pci gfx card 256 mb
RAM - 2gb
hdd - dead 80 gb

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Monitor - 17" samsung
cabinet, keyboard and mouse

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - anything that fits the budget
Motherboard - anything that fits budget
GPU - anything that fits the budget
RAM - 4gb
hdd - 250 gb

​Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
thane - varierty store

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
Yes

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Gaming
Browsing
Download rig, 24x7 operation
Watching HD movies

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
counter strike, dota 2, smite online, fifa 12

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7

You cannot fit in a system that can run games in that budget, you will need to invest in a graphics card later --

Intel Pentium G620 ~3500/-
ASUS P8H61-M LX ~3500/-
Corsair ValueRAM 4GB x1 ~1100/-
HP [boxed / Samsung [OEM] optical drive ~1000/- [if you can salvage your old optical drive use that]
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250GB ~2500/-
FSP Saga II 400W ~1900/-
APC BR600VA-IN ~1900/-

• Add a graphics card later, if you want to play any of the games.

OR invest in this AMD RIG --

AMD A6-3500 ~4500/-
GIGABYTE GA-A55M-S2V ~3500/-
G.Skill RIPJAWS OR Corsair Vengeance 4GB x1 1600MHz module ~1500/- [add another module to get a performance advantage of dual-channel scaling in Llano IGP -- http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1652/1/]
[rest configuration same-same]

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

@ALPHA17 your recommended item are out of his budget.

for ram take 2gb of corsair value and leave it the UPS for later time buying.

I know and I am not a magician who can affect the pricing to help OP feel better, he marked out all that he wanted to do with the RIG and he will not be able to game in either system with great fidelity until he adds a discrete graphics adapter.

The RAM is a 4GB module on purpose, because both the motherboards I have suggested have only 2 DIMM's and his adding a 2GB RAM module now will limit him, also RAM is the cheapest component as of now in the RIG.

I have heard that the power situation in Thane and Pune is bad, that is why I suggested he add an UPS to his RIG to secure it against damage from incessant power cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks.
ups, cabinet, dvd drive and smps not required.
just need mobo cpu hdd gpu ram.
needs to run all latest games + for next 18 months no upgrade.
store guy gave me a dual core config which easily fitted under 10k. (including gpu worth rs 1850)
should i go for this one? will it allow me to play all latest games?

thanks.
store guy gave me a dual core config which easily fitted under 10k. (including gpu worth rs 1850)
should i go for this one? will it allow me to play all latest games?

Details on the "store" configuration please.

I seriously doubt you are being offered a contemporary RIG build, I am assuming the dual-core in question here is the Intel Pentium Dual-core and associated components that are being sold with it are similarly ancient "maal" that the shopkeeper wants to clear his stocks of, onto gullible customers.

I reiterate that you get a decent cabinet + SMPS, the case can last you quite a few upgrades whilst the SMPS ensures long-life of the components.

Back