Budget 31-40k PC upgrade , only used for graphic designing

rikhav

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
    1. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel Core2Duo E4300 1.8 ghz
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte
    • GPU - Onboard Intel Graphics
    • RAM - 4 gb DDR2
    • Monitor - Dell
    • PSU - Corsair
    • HDD - WDBLACK 1 TB / WDBLUE 500 gb / ADATA 1Tb for backup

1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
  • Monitor
  • Cabinet
  • PSU
  • DVD Writer
    1. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel i5 or i7 which is best suited for apps like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Corel X6
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • RAM - 8 or 16 GB DDR3
    • (please mention the rest in above format)
    1. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • SMPS - 600W
    • Cabinet - CM XXX
    • RAM - 2X4GB PC8500
    1. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
    1. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes/No
    1. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
    1. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
    1. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  • Strategy - Civilization 4
  • Racing - Grid at medium to high settings
  1. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  2. Desktop - 1440x900
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
  • NO
    1. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
  • Windows 7 64 bit

• CPU - Intel Core i5 4440 -11200, (snapdeal)
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H -5200, (snapdeal)
  • GPU - Sapphire R7 265x 2GB -12500, (snapdeal)
  • RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB(4GBx2) 1600Mhz -6100. (snapdeal)
  • TOTAL -35,000.

Which SMPS fro
m Corsair you are having right now? Model ?

My PC is used only for above mentioned softwares, web browsing and copying huge files to DVD and external HDD
No games and minimum movie watching

Is the i5 good enough for my needs. I searched a lot but there is no specific config suggested for Corel x6 and Photoshop users

I don't want an overkill so not jumping direct to i7 and asking for suggestions

About the GPU, will it make a difference for 2d applications? Isnt the onboard enough ?

The model no of the corsair PSU has slipped from my mind but I guess its tx650. Still I will recheck and get back

^^ i5 should be apt choice for usage. Regarding graphic part, I do not think that GPU will make massive difference in 2D applications. IGP should be suffiecient. However when working for the applications mentioned above, graphic card should help. Do check model of PSU and revert it here. If it is TX650, it is good one and you do not need to change that.

The PSU is tx650
Can you suggest another GPU which is not so high on specs but gets the job done for 2d apps.
In my view its not worth spending 12k for a GPU for a non gamer and when no 3d apps are used
I would rather bump the ram to 16gb

I5s don't have hyper threading. Does it make too much of a difference to have ht or not when maximum 2 apps plus a browser is used to gather

Appreciate your help

The earlier suggest MB is a micro ATX form factor. Is this Ok or I should opt for a Full ATX board for long term reliability

Thanks

uATX or Full ATX has nothing to do with reliability.

Full ATX boards are useful when you plan to use multi peripheral devices - like 2 or more GPU's; separate sound card; or when you need a lot more ports for storage devices; RAID functionality etc

I am also thinking about adding a ssd for is os and main softwares. That will really speed up things
Normal hard drives are sort of a bottle neck as it takes lot of time to load due to their lack of speed and new CPU , ram. , motherboard does not show it's true potential

Back