PC Peripherals PC UPS suggestion <1500rs

For industry levels, UPS by APC are no doubt the first choice and worthy. But for home use APC is really sucking down day by day. So personally I will give it a thumbs down. Also I have good exp. with it and so many people around me and here as well. You can even google internally and fin how apc dies frequently in other countries as well.

APC can no more handle Indian condition fluctuations that smartly and during its course it dies rather quite often. Thats where desi flavors kick in and win. They may not have that fancy looks and features like monitoring but then a common Indian consumer simply need 15-20 mins backup and that what he aims for.
Batteries, no doubt people go for the ever common exide or amaron and its not or never ups bound. So even if you buy 1k or 20k ups the battery is the only major component to act majorly on backup part.

I still crave for apc features which can be found in cyberpower but cyberpowers exact Indian model doeant got those features even though the products looks and rest features are identical. This is very frustrating why they dont provide the same product minus the features for Indians?

This is very frustrating why they dont provide the same product minus the features for Indians?
People who start waging their tails seeing american brands don't know that India is world's dumping ground. You'll find all the obsolete/banned/phased-out stuff from medicines, pesticides to electronics and electricals by renowned companies. Just try to see beyond mobile phones.

If I want to enjoy latest products, I have to import them.

I have an APC 1.1kVA UPS, bought sometime in latter half of 2011. the product did work well without issues. have had to replace its battery once (replaced by exide). now the exide one is also (over)due to be replaced, as it doesn't provide any back-up now. connected to the UPS are my TV (a 50" plasma) and STB/PS4 to its back-up ports, while an amp, a 5.1 audio system, media player etc. get connected to its surge-protection ports. may be the plasma takes a toll on the battery, that's why the battery has had needed (frequent) replacement(s).

I also have/had a microtek UPS (800VA, double battery) for my main PC; worked well for a couple of years, until a power-surge in my absence at home broke its back recently! blew its fuse, blew my 5.1 system's fuse (thankfully!), and the UPS itself went bust. now have to buy another.

People who start waging their tails seeing american brands don't know that India is world's dumping ground. You'll find all the obsolete/banned/phased-out stuff from medicines, pesticides to electronics and electricals by renowned companies. Just try to see beyond mobile phones.

If I want to enjoy latest products, I have to import them.
Just asking for some basic features and not something which costs $100. Its a pure shame on Indian counterpart.

Cyberpower zone comparison:

http://www.cyberpower-eu.com/products/ups_systems/bu/bu.htm
https://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/tools/selector/ups

Eg. The lcd ups types in the second list aint available for India 230v. In India what is available is bit historical as now cyberpower has completely transformed their production line by offering each many homely an lcd display and more features. They should think on that part.

Back