PC within 25K

sudhirbhan

Disciple
After going thru multiple posts, have identified certain components for a PC that I am planning to get assembled. Would appreciate pointers on the price as well as the best online store/ TE dealer to shop. Thank you!
Q: What is your budget?
Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
1.NONE
Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
1.1 TB Western Digital SATA*HDD*(brand new)
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
1.CPU - AMD Phenom II X2 550
2.Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
3.RAM - 2GB 1333MHz Corsair DDRIII*
4.Monitor - BenQ E2400HD*
Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
1.Possibly RAM
Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
1.Online (if someone can suggest reliable sites)
2.TE Dealer
Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
1.No
Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
1.Browsing
2.Desktop Processing
3.HTPC
4.Watching HD movies (stored on HDD)
5.Gaming
6.Downloads
Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
1.No particular dislike - as long as after sales support is good
Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
1.Strategy - Age of the empires
2.Racing - NFS, Roadrash
Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1.Gaming -*1280x728
2.Desktop -*1440x900
Q: Are you looking to overclock?
1.No
Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
1.Ubuntu - Karmic Koala *
2.Windows 7 64 bit (what are the pitfalls of not using windows at all?)

I can't give you the net prices but can give you a configuration
( All prices respective to Bangalore )

AMD Phenom II 550 -- 4.5K
Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-USB 3 ~ 6K
Corsair 2 GB standard RAM ( in 1 GB sticks ) ~ 4K
ATI Radeon HD 5670 ~ 6K
Cabinet NZXT Gamma + FSP Saga II 350W ~ 4.5K
Dell 22" inch monitor ~ 8K

Stuffing a 24" monitor was not possible and I've already breached the price by a breezy 9K, so wait for better informed posts. :ashamed:

Hope I was of help :)

CPU: AthlonII X3 425 ~ 3.6k

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA74GMT-S2 ~ 3K

RAM: Corsair 2 GB 1333MHz DDRIII ~ 2.9k

GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon 512MB GDDR5 HD 5670 ~ 5.2K

Cabinet: NZXT Gamma ~ 2k

PSU: FSP SAGAII 400W ~ 2k

Monitor: Benq G2200HD ~ 7.6K/ Samsung 2233SW~8.4k/ Dell S2209W ~ 8.4k

Total: ~26-27k

Its pretty difficult to squeeze in a 24" with your budget has already been exceeded. If on a tight budget then get a Zebronics Bijili Cabinet ~ 1.1k and FSP SAGAII 350w ~ 1.6k

Thank you ALPHA17 and DarkAngel for the pointers. A few more questions -
Budget is a bit (~5 - 8K) flexible. Given this, will it be possible to accommodate a 24 inch monitor?
Also what is the difference between Athlon and Phenom processors - given my kind of requirements, does it really make sense to go for a Phenom?
Are there any overheating problems with the Athlon processors? Is there any need to have an additional cooling fan to take care of this?
Also with the mother board suggested by DarkAngel, will it be possible to upgrade to a better processor, say 1 year down the line?
Kindly excuse if these questions sound very basic. Am in the process of learning you see :)

Thank you Alpha17 and DarkAngel. I had posted some follow up questions yesterday, but they are not appearing on the thread :( I am not sure about the reason behind this. Please let me know if I can PM you my queries?

sudhirbhan said:
Thank you ALPHA17 and DarkAngel for the pointers. A few more questions -

Budget is a bit (~5 - 8K) flexible. Given this, will it be possible to accommodate a 24 inch monitor?

Also what is the difference between Athlon and Phenom processors - given my kind of requirements, does it really make sense to go for a Phenom?

Are there any overheating problems with the Athlon processors? Is there any need to have an additional cooling fan to take care of this?

Also with the mother board suggested by DarkAngel, will it be possible to upgrade to a better processor, say 1 year down the line?

Kindly excuse if these questions sound very basic. Am in the process of learning you see :)

Nah I'm not so sure about stuffing a 24' inch monitor and would recommend that, a 22' by Samsung/Dell is more than enough ( save up money ) :cool2:

Basically the overall performance of a Phenom is better than Athlon at a premium of just .5K so 100% go for that instead of Athlon :cool2:

The motherboard is very basic so you can use the extra budget to buy the motherboard I suggested :), it would allow up gradation down the line too. and No AMD CPUs run pretty cool

Don't worry as long as you aren't doing very intensive CPU works go for the standard cooler no need to spend extra on a third party cooler for the CPU

Back