People working in Google, Facebook and other digital marketing agencies, let's connect!

Rave

ex-Mod
Hi All,

Anyone in the forums working for Google or Facebook? :p

Specifically people who are working in the digital marketing domain, let's connect!

If yo rather not share your employer, that's fine, but I'm quite keen to connect with the people from this industry, and discuss the up and coming techs, or get product feedback, and no not for DoubleClick, but in general as to where the industry is headed, what kind of features are in the works, and being offered by all the players in the market.

Mobile is quite big these days, InMobi and AppNexus being the major players, where do you feel the industry is headed?

Oh, and I currently work on the DoubleClick platform, and it'd be awesome to interact with people who use this product, or other similar tools like AppNexus, Turn etc.

Anyone working for any agencies like Havas, OMD or MediaCom? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather discuss offline.

Look forward to connecting with you all :)

I am myself not directly working in that domain. My present company has a home made ad platform for our own digital marketing needs. We have a affiliate program comprising of over 9000 participants. Unfortunately, we don't have targeted ads at the moment. The Ad feeds has to be configured by the affiliates and the ad doesn't change based on user. The next things being worked on is presenting live data in ads that is updated on the fly possibly through web push (web sockets) rather than pull.

For future, I feel that targeted ads/marketing, and multi channel are the big things.
Flash as a format for ad's is probably going to die soon and replaced by HTML5.
More and more Ad hosting platforms may become proactive anti-ad-blocker. Some news sites currently offer users of ad blockers with options to pay directly for viewing articles if they don't want ad's or disable their ad blocker. This may trigger a situation that is not beneficial for digital marketing platforms. Users may start shunning digital media that block ad-blockers or may even chose to pay for the content than to see ads.

I am myself not directly working in that domain. My present company has a home made ad platform for our own digital marketing needs. We have a affiliate program comprising of over 9000 participants. Unfortunately, we don't have targeted ads at the moment. The Ad feeds has to be configured by the affiliates and the ad doesn't change based on user. The next things being worked on is presenting live data in ads that is updated on the fly possibly through web push (web sockets) rather than pull.

For future, I feel that targeted ads/marketing, and multi channel are the big things.
Flash as a format for ad's is probably going to die soon and replaced by HTML5.
More and more Ad hosting platforms may become proactive anti-ad-blocker. Some news sites currently offer users of ad blockers with options to pay directly for viewing articles if they don't want ad's or disable their ad blocker. This may trigger a situation that is not beneficial for digital marketing platforms. Users may start shunning digital media that block ad-blockers or may even chose to pay for the content than to see ads.

Do you guys serve ads exclusively on this affiliate network?

Flash is already phased out and replaced by HTML5. Google offers free flash to HTML5 auto conversion to facilitate the switch, and I've completely stopped seeing flash creatives in any of the media plans.

Adblocking is a threat for sure, but I don't think it'll be that big of a concern unless browsers come with those plugins pre-installed (read iOS ad blocking), and this is where Facebook excels, not just because of the sheer amount of user data that they have, but also because of the type of ads they have (sponsored posts and links).

Dynamic re marketing is something I've not worked on extensively, it's mostly for Rich Media ads, and the content changes based on the user.

In-App ads are definitely the future, and you'd be surprised at the number of people who are ok with ads as long as they get to use the product/service for free :p

Trick in my opinion would be to make the ads, and the placement of the ads non invasive, and blend it in the website as smoothly as possible, that's why some publishers do better than the others[DOUBLEPOST=1452549955][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi Rave,

I would love to connect. We are actually using DFP as a platform for clients campaigns.
Hi Kingu!

Good to know. I mostly deal with DCM side of things :)

Feel free to PM me :)

Do you guys serve ads exclusively on this affiliate network?

At the very least, its the primary channel for online ads. Marketing is typically not limited to it though. Print and TV ads, e-mail and social media are also used.

Adblocking is a threat for sure, but I don't think it'll be that big of a concern unless browsers come with those plugins pre-installed (read iOS ad blocking), and this is where Facebook excels, not just because of the sheer amount of user data that they have, but also because of the type of ads they have (sponsored posts and links).

The bigger threat IMO is how ad blocking is being dealt with and how clean ad delivery services are keeping themselves. Forbes is asking users disable their ad-blocker to view their articles and then serving malware via ads to those who disabled. This kind of thing is going to make people hate ad's more and more and revert to blockers. When they are serving ad's and asking users to disable their ad blockers, they should also be liable when malware is delivered though them. There are some minimum responsibilities that the parties involved should be undertaking. Ads should not be a synonym for spam or malware.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ker-serves-up-steaming-pile-malware-ads.shtml

Back