Perfumes Discussion thread

gmano

Adept
Lot of members here are interested in perfumes and in Recent times there have been Many Group Orders happening for the same in TE. Have seen Many asking for recommendation for a perfume to try or to gift.
This thread is for all those discussions about the Perfumes and Perfume Recommendations. Also where it can be bought (authentic ones) in each city.
Experienced members please Pour in your thoughts.
To start with I am posting here a small list I compiled with its cheapest Prices and available place. (All from Reputed sites).
PerfumePrice in Rs.Store
CK One (100ml)1795Snapdeal.com
CK One (200ml)2349Snapdeal.com
CK in2u (M) 100ml1787.5Medplusbeauty.com
Davidoff Cool Water (M) (125ml)1817Medplusbeauty.com
Davidoff Cool Water (W) (100ml)1915Snapdeal.com
CK Eternity (100ml)1676.25Medplusbeauty.com
Azzaro Chrome (100ml)1625Medplusbeauty.com
Mont Blanc Starwalker (75ml)1850Medplusbeauty.com
Burberry Beat (100ml)2101Medplusbeauty.com
Ferrari Black (125ml)1575Snapdeal.com
Versace Eau Frachie (100ml)2336Medplusbeauty.com
Ferrari Red (125ml)1575Snapdeal.com
CK Be (100ml)1795Snapdeal.com
CK Be (200ml)2349Snapdeal.com
Issey Miyake Pour Homme (M) (125ml)2999Snapdeal.com
YSL Body Kourus (100ml)2375Medplusbeauty.com
BURBERRY WEEKEND MEN (100 ml)1828.5Medplusbeauty.com
BURBERRY BRIT MEN 1870Medplusbeauty.com
Paco Robbane XS (M) (100ml)2165Snapdeal.com
HERMES TERRE D'HERMES4875Medplusbeauty.com
Narsico Rodriguez For Him 100ML4335Snapdeal.com

PS: I am not vouching for any of the shops here, online or offline.
Do post your experiences with shops, good or bad. So that everyone benefits.

I am a noob in perfumes. Had ck shock loved it, 212 was pretty good, some wierd ferrari one was even better. But now since a year am a 'deo' person, that ssszzssssszzsss all over ftw!

Is medplusbeauty authentic? Never heard about it before.
And yes, you can include yebhi.com and jabong.com too. They also have good pricing.

Is medplusbeauty authentic? Never heard about it before.
And yes, you can include yebhi.com and jabong.com too. They also have good pricing.

Medplus is a medical shop / pharmacy chain in South India, run by a Hyderabad based company. Their cosmetics online store is medplusbeauty.com, they are dependable.
yebhi perfumes authenticity is somewhat here and there. So don't wanted to include it. Jabong - I am not sure about their perfumes authenticity, if anyone got previous experience in ordering perfumes from them, do post.

I have not complied the list of every perfume available. I have just added a list of perfumes, which sells at relatively good price when compared to Places like shopperstop, lifestlye (the price are more are less equal or less to the GO prices of so called TESTERS, the ones posted here are box packed items). Please do post if you come across any good deal for perfumes, will add it in the first post.

Okay, thanks for the heads up.
I was surprised to find chanel egoiste and antaeus there. Even A*men pure havane was there :O
Sure will post if I come across good deals. Ofcourse almost all of these sites have better rates than shopperstop, lifestyle etc. I've bought stuff from yebhi, no issues with yebhi atleast for me.
But snapdeal has some good pricing!

Narciso Rodriguez
is available at snapdeal, havent seen this anywhere else.
Terre D'Hermes at a great price at medplusbeauty. :D

@gmano can you vouch for the authenticity of these brands online or how reliable are the website purchases?

do they actually deliver the REAL piece or is it just another Chinese .........!

It really is a jumbled puzzle out there online. Dont know whom to trust, only option left with is to walk to a Lifestyle store and pick up one !

Last edited by a moderator:
gmano can you vouch for the authenticity of these brands online or how reliable are the website purchases?

do they actually deliver the REAL piece or is it just another Chinese .........!

It really is a jumbled puzzle out there online. Dont know whom to trust, only option left with is to walk to a Lifestyle store and pick up one !
I have ordered few perfumes from snapdeal, they were original ones.

Medplus, I have confirmed with them that their perfumes actually come with the importer / MRP stickers (I dont think such a big pharmacy chain will sell fake ones). Going to order a Perfume from medplus tomorrow, will let you know about the authenticity.

^ But how are you checking the authenticity of the products?

+1

My concern too. How do you check the genuineness? I am planning 4-5 bottles of good quality perfumes to my relatives. Being a complete noob, I want to be sure, I am buying the original stuff.

+1

My concern too. How do you check the genuineness? I am planning 4-5 bottles of good quality perfumes to my relatives. Being a complete noob, I want to be sure, I am buying the original stuff.
Check the genuineness of the seller. Like mentioned earlier in the thread, doubt that reputed companies like MedPlus and Snapdeal would sell fakes online. There is no other way to check genuineness for the product because good quality fake perfumes are difficult to distinguish from the real, unless you have a trained nose

+1

I usually get the perfumes from abroad through friends and from Lifestyle stores. I have bought repeat bottles of the same perfumes I have been using from the sites. That is the only way I can make sure that the perfumes bought in online are genuine. I avoid the likes of ebay for perfume purchase.
I do not know a sure shot way to find out the perfume if its fake or real. Only way is to compare the perfume (not the physical appearance of bottles/container) and have keen nose :p

If you want it to be genuine and you do not want to take risks, then you just get them from shops like shoppers stop, lifestyle.
Baccarose is a major importer in India (for the many brands), you can check their website Welcome to Baccarose for the retail stores they supply to or partner with.

PS: I am not vouching for any of the shops (online or offline) here.

i bought from purplle.com a couple of Body Spray... Dont know about perfumes. But worth to look at it as prices are good.
I don't see any perfume cheaper in purplle.com than the other websites. If you have found any specific perfume which sells cheaper there, do share with us.

Ordered a CK Be(M) from snapdeal for Rs 2199 two days back. Friend in e-commerce retailing had a good recommendation for Snapdeal hence ordered from there. Will update when I receive.

I had ordered YSL Pour Homme from Snapdeal and they sent me YSL La Nuit De L'homme instead. Luckily a friend gifted me Pour Homme the very same day, and La Nuit was 'worth' more on the Snapdeal site so I kept it.

Back