(phenom x2 545/550) or (athlon x3 435/440) for games???

sweet_machi

Disciple
"""""""""plzzzzzz answer me which is good for gaming????
(phenom x2 545/550) or (athlon x3 435/440)"""""""
which msi motherboard is good for these processors?????????

sum 1 updated in chadnichowk price, kolkata that 955be is around 4700 :p.....

May be prices have fallen :D

sorry its not 955be :p its 555be :D

extremely sorry 4 mistake.............
phenom 2 x4 955be 8600+ 4%vat
phenom 2 x2 555be 4650+ 4%vat

ALPHA17 said:
Go for the Phenom x2 550 its a Black Edition and if gaming is the priority then you don't need more than a Dual Core :eek:hyeah:
Aren't the latest games Like Bad Company 2 optimized for Quad Cores?

^^

But still the fps will be limited to the GPU, unless you have a HD 5850 or above. And if you can afford HD 5850 for gaming, then definitely you can afford a better proccy :D

baccilus said:
Aren't the latest games Like Bad Company 2 optimized for Quad Cores?

Bro they are but all in all the known advantages are no more than 5%, so might as well buy a processor that can be unlocked as well as has a better over clock potential as well as unlocked multiplier so might as well spend 500 guineas extra get a Black Edition processor, unlock it Quad Core :eek:hyeah:

Also what is the price of the Abysuss

Revolution said:
If u r going for HD4850 or GTS250 then X3 435/440 would be enough.....

But in my experience, Graphic cards are upgraded more often than a processor. So that should not be the only criteria.

If you look at my system specs you will see that I will have to upgrade Proccy+Mobo+RAM+Graphic card to get any visible improvements in games. If I had bought a faster processor than was necessary for my graphic card at the time of purchase, my upgrade now would have been a lot cheaper (and posible in my current financial position).

Thank u all for ur valuable suggestions...........................

one more thing if u let me know.......which mobo (no ASUS) MSI or something else would be good for amd processor??? around Rs.3500/- or less?????????

for these processors do i need any cooler & extra smps (rather than a smps attached with the cabinet)???????

Back