Phobia discussion: I bet you got one :-0

nRiTeCh

Skilled
We have many popular discussions on TE but missed one on Phobia :nailbiting:

So here it is...

--- Let us talk and share our Ph:nailbiting:bI:coldfeet:s ---

To begin with -

I have this strange phobia of getting afraid of bathrooms & plumbing pipes ever since I was a kid. :nailbiting:
I have fear of large bathrooms with unconcealed/visble pipes, old showers, running taps, noise from leaking taps/pipes and big geysers. :coldfeet:

This exact phobia runs in my brother as well.:unamused:

So whenever we go for any outing, the first thing we check in the hotel is hows our rooms bathroom, is it fearsome or fearless!
There isnt any official name for this kind of phobia though.

Another phobia- I'm afraid of are creepy creatures like centipedes and any type of worms. But strange thing is I'm not at all afraid of snakes. :p

Last edited:
I have this phobia of being around dumb people. Its scary how dumb people can be :D

I have a strange phobia. I go for high altitude trekking and have no problems going 14000+ feet up on mountains.
But on a tall building looking down, i get scared. Strange vertigo issue.

I have this phobia of the dark. Not always, but some days it just really cranks up and I would just be shit scared.

I am really afraid of dark and ghost in my home only :( :( ,

whenever i wakeup for night pee break, will turn on all lights of my room, adjacent room, put mobile in pocket and then only go to room :(

But i really don't understand, why i am not feared in others home/hotels/outside :(

whenever i wakeup for night pee break, will turn on all lights of my room, adjacent room, put mobile in pocket and then only go to room :(

But i really don't understand, why i am not feared in others home/hotels/outside :(
Bhai aap Ki baat hi kuch aur hai
U are from Krish Series
Jadooo Jadooo

Cave like narrow spaces. I think I have fear of getting buried alive.
Was seeing some cave exploration stuff on discovery. The person was just going deeper and deeper and the walls were getting narrower. Only that explorer and cameraman were there and there was just enough space for one person to crawl on their belly. All around them only damp hot walls underground. I got scared just watching them.

I guess everyone has Typophobia.

Everytime I search for it on Google, I get a tingly feeling all over my body. I can look at all the pictures without getting nauseated but I get all tingly. :(

I have this strange phobia of getting afraid of bathrooms & plumbing pipes ever since I was a kid. :nailbiting:
I have fear of large bathrooms with unconcealed/visble pipes, old showers, running taps, noise from leaking taps/pipes and big geysers. :coldfeet:

What exactly scares you. The pipes should not be unconcealed..? You just described a bathroom.

Anyways, not a phobia...but I hate dripping taps. I am scared of spiders.

I have a phobia of wall hooks especially the metal ones. I am afraid I might slip and these hooks would injure my eyes. :p

I have this phobia of being around dumb people. Its scary how dumb people can be :D
That is something most people are afraid of :p

your house must be built upon an old graveyard -- like most of our Indian hostels :D

I am a good swimmer but have weird dreams wherein I am drowning. Makes me feel uneasy for breathing for a day or so after such dreaming. :facepalm:

One of my friend has phobia of cigarettes... he doesnt smoke but if he ever thinks so he is afraid that the cigarette burning tip will burn down his lips or tongue.

Another one is afraid of rolling chairs that he will fall and hurt himself.

Freinds sister is afraid of push button type pens that the button will come out and hit her eye. This is due to an accident she had with similar type of pen in school...she was fiddling with the pen and the button came off the spring and hit her eye.

I don't know how to classify this feeling. Whenever I'm standing or staring at ground or nature from large heights, I feel like jumping.
Ex: if I'm near edge of a high rise rooftop & I look down at the ant like people down below, I feel like jumping. My body takes a step forward as if to jump & my whole mind goes nuts saying don't jump.
Don't get me wrong. I don't have suicidal thoughts. Just the thought of flying makes me get goose bumps with happiness.

I don't know how to classify this feeling. Whenever I'm standing or staring at ground or nature from large heights, I feel like jumping.
Ex: if I'm near edge of a high rise rooftop & I look down at the ant like people down below, I feel like jumping. My body takes a step forward as if to jump & my whole mind goes nuts saying don't jump.
Don't get me wrong. I don't have suicidal thoughts. Just the thought of flying makes me get goose bumps with happiness.

Man thats exactly what I feel too....even if I'm afraid, I somehow get the feeling from inside to jump from any height, terrace, train/bus door, into fire, from bridges, waterfalls and so on.. But thanks to my Brain :rolleyes:who doesnt send THAT Pulse/Signal to my nerves in legs :tearsofjoy:else I was dead way back... :doctor:

In fact when I'm driving I always feel like ramming my car into others :banghead: :hilarious:

This isnt any phobia just our inner thrill feelings...

I have a phobia of wall hooks especially the metal ones. I am afraid I might slip and these hooks would injure my eyes. :p

Guess you guys watched too much of final destination kind of movies :p
Cave like narrow spaces. I think I have fear of getting buried alive.
Was seeing some cave exploration stuff on discovery. The person was just going deeper and deeper and the walls were getting narrower. Only that explorer and cameraman were there and there was just enough space for one person to crawl on their belly. All around them only damp hot walls underground. I got scared just watching them.

Seems like claustrophobia !! I have a bit of that, especially I can't stay long in a place where there's no ventilation/window to see outside.

Back