Budget Above 25K Phone below 40k with SD855

pabreu

Recruit
Hi,

1. Budget is below 40k
2. Display prefarably AMOLED & size similar to OnePlus 7
3. Android Oreo+
4. Dual 4G VOLTE with Carrier Aggregation
5. None brand choice but should be reliable to last for more than 2 years.
6. Mainly for browsing, reddit, maps & daily 2hours PUBG. Camera is not important.
7. Dual SIM
8. New (Online or Offline)
9. .............
10. Redmi k20 Pro or One Plus 7 or Asus ROG II

9. My current phone "Moto Z Play" has today only started showing purple spots on the screen so I might have to buy a new phone by this month.
This time I want to buy a flagship phone with SD855, which would be within my budget.
It should be able to run PUBG under smooth settings at 30fps or 60fps.
I am an average PUBG player with 1.5KD and max "Crown I" for past few seasons. So I don't know if constant 60fps is a game changer or an overkill for me. I play for around straight 2.5hrs a day.

Battery life should be 6hrs+ SOT with Dual SIM always on (no WIFI) and full brightness for maybe 50% of the time. SOT of 6hrs+ without PUBG and without navigation.

I was planning to wait for a couple of months to check out the reviews of Asus ROG II by its owners. But with my current phone showing failure signs, I don't want to blindly buy the Asus ROG II.

I would have preferred the OnePlus 7 but I have read that some batches have touch screen problems so it would hamper PUBG gameplay. Also there is no 3.5mm jack and has a notch.

Another option is Redmi K20 Pro but it lacks carrier aggregation. I don't know if practically the carrier aggregation makes any difference, particularly with ping, but a device with latest technology can be future proof.

Asus 6z is not a option because of low volume from the earpiece during calls.

If SD855 is an overkill for me than kindly suggest another chipset.

If you are commenting on the performance of any phone, for eg battery life or PUBG performance, then requesting you to kindly specify if you are commenting through your own experience or by reading reviews online or reviews through friends.

Thats not that good a K/D. I consider myself as average and always had K/D over 3.5. More than 60 fps its the screen size that also helps. I felt using it on 5.2 inch screen hampered my performance. 60 fps will help for sure though. Only reached crown once when i started playing defensively. Hot dropping improves your skills more.

I have the 7T. You're not going to get that kind of battery life with dual sim and full brightness. I get around 5 - 5.5 hours with medium brightness just using Chrome, Whatsapp etc. The 90hz display is a real battery killer. You might get better battery life with 60hz but then what's the point of buying it over the Op7?

My advice, since you seem to be a gamer, get the ROG2. Better battery life, 3.5mm jack etc.

9. My current phone "Moto Z Play" has today only started showing purple spots on the screen so I might have to buy a new phone by this month.
Ah yes, the famous Z play with the awesome battery life that could be made still more awesome with battery mod

This time I want to buy a flagship phone with SD855, which would be within my budget.
It should be able to run PUBG under smooth settings at 30fps or 60fps.
If you want better battery life stick to a 600 series chip with a bigger battery

I am an average PUBG player with 1.5KD and max "Crown I" for past few seasons. So I don't know if constant 60fps is a game changer or an overkill for me. I play for around straight 2.5hrs a day.
You need battery life or a power bank stuck in a side pocket. Course playing and charging is going to kill your battery over time.

Battery life should be 6hrs+ SOT with Dual SIM always on (no WIFI) and full brightness for maybe 50% of the time. SOT of 6hrs+ without PUBG and without navigation.

If SD855 is an overkill for me than kindly suggest another chipset.
600 series. Forget 800 series.

600 wipes the floor when it comes to battery.

What you want is a current version of the Lenovo P2. Lenovo never released a successor but it was the king for battery life in its time.

Another option is Redmi K20 Pro but it lacks carrier aggregation. I don't know if practically the carrier aggregation makes any difference, particularly with ping, but a device with latest technology can be future proof.
This might be a problem to get with a 600 series phone

If you are commenting on the performance of any phone, for eg battery life or PUBG performance, then requesting you to kindly specify if you are commenting through your own experience or by reading reviews online or reviews through friends.
I don't play PUBG but going by what others have said for battery life. I'm just giving you a direction to look at. The specfics you will have to nail down once battery life is adequate.

Last edited:
If you are happy with your current phone, why not just get the screen replaced when it becomes difficult to use. Will save you a lot of Moolah.
The Asus Rog 2 will easily get the battery life you want and so will the Samaung M30s with their huge 6Ah batteries. Even my 2 year old Honor View 10 with a measly 4Ah battery gives 4 and a half hours of SoT on 4g and upwards of 6 hours on wifi

Back