Pl Suggest a Webhost for Email

Hi,

I am currently with Hostdime for the past 6 years. Their pricing has increased and they no longer offer shared hosting. I am now looking for a new webhost. I was on Hostgator prior to moving to hostdime. I am not able recall why I moved out of Hostgator.

My requirements:
  1. Host emails. I currently use 5 email ids and catch-all for the rest. I primarily use it for creating on the fly single use email ids when I do not want to share my primary mail id. I retrieve these emails via Gmail where these are setup as POP3. I also use gmail to send via my server's SMTP.
  2. Private cloud space for storage (NextCloud)
  3. FTP Access
  4. Around 100 GB disk space should be sufficient.
  5. Should support multiple sub domains
  6. Linux / Cpanel support
I do not need blazing fast speeds or pings. I do not host any website or content for sharing with outside world. I do not care if the website is hosted in India or not.

Please suggest a reliable and economical webhost.

Depends on how much you want to pay.

For emails - If you want to spend nothing, i would suggest Zoho. I heard they have bumped down their free version, but cant say. Yandex is free as well, but cant say.

Hosting - I believe your choices are limited in this, we use GoDaddy but planning to shift as well when the contract come due. No issues with subdomain either or even multiple domains. They have FTP as well.

Space - cant say.

CPanel support? Dunno...

Zoho Mail. ... (tried first)
IceWarp Cloud. ... (upgraded later)
Rackspace Hosted Exchange. ... (working solution at present).
Gmail Enterprise (Might plan to move here).

I have five email ids that I use with the same domain name. Does that count as 5 different users in Zoho?
upto 5 you can, good you confirmed.
https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/email-hosting-with-zoho.html

https://www.zoho.com/mail/features.html
https://www.zoho.com/workplace/pricing.html

Make a list of questions and shoot to all the 3 providers... I am sure you will receive response within 12 hours max from all of them..
All are good compare features/pricing which suite according to your needs.

I can still trust all 3.

Filled a form on Zoho for 1-5 users. I got a plan for Rs 900 + taxes / year. I need to know if catch-all works in Zoho?

Based on their website, I gather that the mail access for the FREE users is only on the web which means I cannot access it via Gmail or desktop client or android app. Is my understanding correct?

Ok, IMAP and POP disabled for new signups. Even I can't get it to work for my account, in spite of it being a 3 year old account.

Migadu offers a good free plan, and should serve you well if you don't use those mail id's to send a lot of mails.
I used to use Outlook.com and Gmail for hosting my sites email, but when they removed the free plan for new accounts and admin access on my old accounts I shifted to Zoho.I was on the Zoho free plan, but migrated to Migadu when they removed IMAP access for new accounts. I've since migrated to Yandex and think it's as good as Google apps, while being less intrusive.

I prefer Migadu to any other service I used, but their free plan only allows for 10 emails per day for all the mails/domains in your account.

Migadu offers a good free plan, and should serve you well if you don't use those mail id's to send a lot of mails.
I used to use Outlook.com and Gmail for hosting my sites email, but when they removed the free plan for new accounts and admin access on my old accounts I shifted to Zoho.I was on the Zoho free plan, but migrated to Migadu when they removed IMAP access for new accounts. I've since migrated to Yandex and think it's as good as Google apps, while being less intrusive.

I prefer Migadu to any other service I used, but their free plan only allows for 10 emails per day for all the mails/domains in your account.

Migadu seems good but the only drawback is that they only allow a mailbox of 1GB with the free account. Is Yandex free? Is Yandex an Russian company and safe to host our sensitive emails such as bank debit grid and OTPs?

Migadu seems good but the only drawback is that they only allow a mailbox of 1GB with the free account. Is Yandex free? Is Yandex an Russian company and safe to host our sensitive emails such as bank debit grid and OTPs?
I think we've been brainwashed to believe that US based companies are customer centric, and care about customers privacy & security more than anyone else. There are millions of people using Yandex, and IMO it's as safe as Google/Outlook. And yes, Yandex is free, and without restrictions.

Back