plasma power

blackbird

Adept
Hi , for a couple of months was on a look out for a good hdtv for my parents room.Had decided to get a plasma after some extensive research , so zeroed it down to the panasonic pv80 and the lg pg61.After some more researching learnt lg handled standard definition better also it was better looking,finally got one a couple weeks back.

The verdict , pic quality rocks big time.Couldnt believe my standard cable could look so good ,even dvds rocked big time along with high def.Sound is ok ok ,looks good switched of too plus it is really really thin.Glass reflection is a pain in the <<<.Damages 52k

Specs : LG 42 pg61
Resolution :1024x768p
Brightness :1500 cd/m²
Contrast Ratio :30,000:1
Response Time :0.001 ms
Scanning :100 hz
View Angle :178/178
Aspect Ratio :16:9 ,Aspect Ratio Correction :7 Modes
(16:9/Just Scan/Auto/4:3/14:9/Zoom1/Zoom2 )
Inputs : 3 [Hdmi 1.3],1 Vga ,1 usb 2.0 , 2 component, 1[ s video, av out]
HDMI input :480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p
1080p input :HDMI 60p/30p/24p ,Cinema 3:2 / 2:2 Pull down Mode
USB 2.0 : mp3, jpeg , Divx, Xvid, AVI, MPG, MPEG, MPE
Life Span (hr) :100,000Hrs

lg cric.jpg - imgX

Saw this TV yesterday side by side with the PV80 and it appeared to have more detail. However its hard to say as the TVs were obviously uncalibrated and the PV80 probably has a lower default sharpening level.

congrats on the purchase.

nice panel that but a bit of caliberation and the PV80 produces much deeper blacks. I admit on the upscaling part though. Did u try the pv80s "just" mode?

ab1 said:
Hi , for a couple of months was on a look out for a good hdtv for my parents room.Had decided to get a plasma after some extensive research , so zeroed it down to the panasonic pv80 and the lg pg61.After some more researching learnt lg handled standard definition better also it was better looking,finally got one a couple weeks back.

The verdict , pic quality rocks big time.Couldnt believe my standard cable could look so good ,even dvds rocked big time along with high def.Sound is ok ok ,looks good switched of too plus it is really really thin.Glass reflection is a pain in the <<<.Damages 52k

Without specs, its really difficult to judge how good the TV is (Even though how much you praise it). Please post the specs.

~LT

Back