Play Chromecast with subs

Plex app on android needs plex pass to cast local files on the mobile..
Plex app can however act as an remote for plex server (installed on a local PC) and cast the content to chromecast along with subs which is free..
You can use something like 'localcast' on the android phone to cast the local files on the mobile to chromecast.. But then again, it works only with x264 content.. No support for x265 transcoding yet using any app that I know of..

In android phones there's an option of connecting a display using Wi-Fi which will mirror your phone screen on your TV. You can then play your movie on your phone.

Alternately, I've found it way more convenient to keep all my movies/series with subs in a pendrive and then just access the pendrive with TV remote.

In android phones there's an option of connecting a display using Wi-Fi which will mirror your phone screen on your TV. You can then play your movie on your phone.

I tried playing amazon prime content through mirroring my mobile screen. But the video quality is not that great and there is a lot of stuttering problems too.

Alternately, I've found it way more convenient to keep all my movies/series with subs in a pendrive and then just access the pendrive with TV remote.

Not all TVs have this feature though. In my case, the VU tv will be able to play only x264 content. Although again I noticed a difference in the video quality while playing the content using a pendrive compared to when it is streamed using plex.
I have even tried connecting the TV directly to my pc using VGA/HDMI. The quality again is better this way than playing it using a pendrive.

I would suggest you to use BubbleUPNP aswell. I have tried streaming movies along with the subtitles onto my Chromecast and it works great. Though a good wifi router is required for the streaming to work in a seamless way. Plus if you opt for the BubbleUPNP pro version, you can transcode the movies on the fly. You would require this feature if the movies that you have on your cellphone has AC3 audio or any unsupported audio format by chromecast.

BubbleUPNP has a feature just like Kodi by using which you can directly download the subtitle on your cellphone from subtitle websites provided you didnt change the name of the movie.

Back