PlayDead Announces Limbo Follow-Up - Project 2

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
The game, partially funded by the Danish Film Institute, has the working title of Project 2.Project 2 is described by the Danish newspaper Politiken as a spiritual sequel to Limbo. It is a 2.5D platform game, using three dimensional graphics while the playfield remains in two dimensionsm, and utilizes the Unity engine; Playdead opted for the existing solution instead of their custom-built engine they had created for Limbo, to reduce their efforts. While the game is in color, the title remains dark and nearly monotone in color. It is planned for release on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 systems. According to an August 2011 interview with Patti, the title's development cycle will take about three and a half years.

PlayDead Reveals Project 2, Looks Like LIMBO Sequel - GamerFront | GamerFront

Oh fantastic! I absolutely loved the first title. It's good that they have announced it as a multi-platorm title.

W00t! Nice! This one is supposedly 3D though. If it is a sequel to Limbo, I do hope they keep the same simplicity and dark environment. Making it 3D might make it more complex.

Totally awesome news! The screenshot looks really dark and atmospheric.
Project-2-Screen.jpg

I wonder if they will still retain the ambient sound system. The first game was really creepy and the sound of the bones snapping from a bear trap, sent a shiver down your spine.

Back