Playerunknown’s Battleground : Discussion Thread

quan chi

Skilled
Its the No1. trending game on steam. Its PVP. How many of you are playing it I am thinking about getting it but don't know for sure. Is it fun with solo too? If any of you are playing it then please report here.:D

I have seen quite a number of matches on Youtube. There seems to be many modes - solo, 2 ppl team, 4 ppl team.
Can call this more like DayZ on steroids -minus the zombies.
Team-play seems pretty good and bit more fun than solo.
Was considering buying it if it comes on sale or so coz its still in EA.
Got DayZ -still EA, worst purchase ever, haven't got a EA title ever again.

It's a fun game, very addictive, I bought it on steam for 1k and it has been worth it so far, since the developer has promised this wont be a pay2win game and all the new updates to the game such as loot(guns, gear) and maps will be free in the foreseeable future even after a proper release. Lets hope that stays true.

New desert map in the works and new climbing, vaulting and weather effects are coming soon...

4620d47c-8e29-47ae-aaa8-ff86f28cf7f1.jpg

First make sure you at least meet the recommended specs, cause it's a massive open world with small to large size towns where massive fps drops occur when you drive vehicles, so you have to experiment with the gfx settings.
This game is CPU intensive.

I usually run a mix of ultra textures and ultra draw distance. High AA and medium effects, shadows, and foliage, Best settings to get good visuals with performance, but you can go lower to get more fps.
A good processor and 16GB of ram will really make a lot of difference in the performance in this game.

And they've really optimized the game a lot and i mean a lotttt....performance goes up and down at times after every update but they're constantly making it better.
The lobby part is weird and sometimes feels like a drag waiting for the server to fill up but its fine, as the map is completely loaded. You just drop and start gathering loot, buffing your weapons etc.

In solo mode everyone camps in the start and when the circles get smaller, everyone is forced to run towards the center, so it's all about which landing spot you choose, you can win the game by not even killing anybody, just sitting in the center and letting everyone kill each other off lol. In 2 or 4 squad play, it's all about comms, a mic is really important and if you have a good sqaud the game becomes a lot of fun and shines the most, the way you co-ordinate with your team and drop loot, spot enemies, heal teammates makes all the difference.

They now even have a South East Asia server which I think is based in Mumbai, where the ping is 5ms, but even the Singapore server ping is great at 60ms and Europe is in the 100ms range, I even play on the US server with 200 ping,
when i want to play with a squad who communicates lol.

In short it's great, this is a predominantly 3rd person shooter game, the FP is clunky but you only really use it to aim down the sights, people have been complaining about it since the game came out

But everyone has the 3rd person advantage, I dont think anyone plays this in FP only. But there are custom servers with FP modes and zombie modes and more.

Last edited:
TFW when an Early Access game has Indian servers and giants like EA, Activision and Riot don't bother with one :rage:

Well zibalingz thanks for your detailed input. What about the time, how much time does it take to complete one match?

Np bro.

I think each round can last between 25-40 mins, I've played short games where I've died earlier and some long rounds where i made it to the top 5 or 3. Not yet got chicken dinner :(
On average each round should atleast last 30 minutes if you play it safe and don't rush like Rambo lol

Round time really spends on how long you survive and your play style , it also depends if everyone else is camping or just outright killing each other.
The plane takes a random straight path over the island, so even in solo mode, a good chunk of players will drop over a major town or an area where maximum loot and vehicles have spawned.

When that happens I've noticed at least 20-30 players are dead within the first 5 minutes

Atlast got the game. thought of trying it.This game is funny & campers paradise I mean if you know how to move through cover. In my first try I made it to first 3 by shooting no one! :D
The 4th guy was killed before me by another player (both didnt see me I was in complete stealth.) :D & as I finished looting him that a$$hole rushed & killed me.:banghead: Anyways guys if anyone wants to play in group then please post here.

9r2lj5.jpg

Here is the video. Analyze it & avoid the mistakes I did.:) I am still not sure from where I was hit in the end. My mistake in the end was I should have waited a bit longer & scanned the field from cover. My guess is that person was behind the barrier.
I will try to chronicle my attempts to see how many tries it takes for me to become the last man standing.:D This is my first one.

Last edited:
^^ If you mean too much camping then nope we didn't. Watching each others back is very important in squad mode.If you camp too much in open chances are you & your team will get shot. Sorry I didn't record the video but the match got pretty intense towards the end even we didn't expect we would win.

Noice. Tough choice between running inside the last circle and showing yourself. Aren't suppressors OP or are they hard to get?

clothings,shoes etc you get by opening cases like cs go. Special promotional cases (available for limited time) needs key to open.

Last edited:
Back