Playstation 5 & Xbox Series X

What are you going to buy or wish to buy? Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X

• Total voters

Rezep

Adept
I'm surprised that there wasn't a thread dedicated to this on here yet so i just decided to make one. I will try my best to update it here with the latest news but doesn't mean you can't too! Cheers and let's hope that our government won't tax the hell out of the next gen (jk they will)

PLAYSTATION 5

Most people might have seen this already but it gives a really indepth look into the brand new ps5 and it's architecture

XBOX SERIES X

(yes this isn't exactly a first hand video but it is quite literally hands on,but take it with a pinch of salt as he is sponsored)

GAMEPLAY (more like cinematics)

With regards to price, there is no official news from both sides yet. There was one leaked PS5 Price but which was later turned out to be an error from amazon

Let's hope that next gen will be the best gen we will ever see!

Last edited:
Physical appearance of the PS5 sucks, usually Sony creates good looking products, doesn't look like it can be placed horizontal.
Xbox on the other hand has a functional design parts.

Physical appearance of the PS5 sucks, usually Sony creates good looking products, doesn't look like it can be placed horizontal.
Xbox on the other hand has a functional design parts.
More than the design and appearance of the consoles, i'm kinda more worried of the price in India. There is absolutely no official word from sony or microsoft so far on the price and it just seems like they're waiting on each other to peek out and announce first then undercut them. The PS4 released in the USA for $399 which adjusted back then 60*399 we get 23k Roughly.
Now when it finally reached India, it started selling for a whopping 40,000! Which is absolutely nuts even thinking of it now. The USD Exchange rate was better then yet it just sold for so much more.And with rumors floating around that the new next gen consoles might cost above 500 USD and with the economy doing badly (gov likely to tax luxury items like videogames/consoles higher), i'm starting to believe that the price might even hit 1 lakh :p

Believe the prices to be same like PS4 launch and then normalize over time.
Design wise, I wasnt impressed with the PS5 which kinda looks like a router but its better than the Xbox series X for sure.
PS5 exclusives will always make it sell more and the hardware is a beast especially the ssd drive in it. With the digital only version being cheaper than the drive one and with unlimited internet, it could sell well.
Biggest issue now is game prices. 60$ and upwards on launch and so many games will hurt. Selling games at half price after playing does help but 4000 Rs for a game is going to be tough going forward in current scenario for many, especially with games thesedays that dont have enough replay-ability.

I'm more worried about the games, for me the next gen reveals have been underwhelming so far, there are a couple of titles that piqued my interest but still nothing was mind blowing.
Even the gameplay reveals will be disappointing over the next few weeks imo, it'll be the same rehashed ideas with slightly improved graphics.

I'm more worried about the games, for me the next gen reveals have been underwhelming so far, there are a couple of titles that piqued my interest but still nothing was mind blowing.
Even the gameplay reveals will be disappointing over the next few weeks imo, it'll be the same rehashed ideas with slightly improved graphics.
Didn't we hit like a point where improvement in graphics don't make much of a difference to the naked eye? It's mostly realistic lighting with rtx and other stuff like that these days but games aren't able to push the boundaries of graphics anymore or our expectations are set way too high now to be "mind blown". Most people are more interested by indie games with unique art styles and gameplay more than AAA titles with their motive towards pushing realistic graphics and more cinematics than actual gameplay.

True. Little to no innovation in games this gen. Apart from some examples like Death Stranding, havent seen too many gems with longevity or repeatability. Most are play once and done.

Didn't we hit like a point where improvement in graphics don't make much of a difference to the naked eye? It's mostly realistic lighting with rtx and other stuff like that these days but games aren't able to push the boundaries of graphics anymore or our expectations are set way too high now to be "mind blown". Most people are more interested by indie games with unique art styles and gameplay more than AAA titles with their motive towards pushing realistic graphics and more cinematics than actual gameplay.

Personally I don't think we'll ever experience a jump like the first Crysis followed by Battlefield 3.
I was talking about gameplay only w.r.t not being mind blown, what they've show so far is the same old remasters and sequels, nothing new or refreshing and even the games with different art styles looked like they will have the same derivative gameplay loops.
As for unique art styles, most of what was shown can already be run on current gen hardware going by the graphical fidelity that was on display.

Apart from some examples like Death Stranding,

and even that had divided opinions.
I'm stuck here playing Warzone until CP2077 drops.

I personally found Deathloop to be pretty intriguing. It comes as a surprise to me that not a lot of people are talking about it.
Post automatically merged:

doesn't look like it can be placed horizontal.
It can be placed horizontally. I personally don't mind the design. I think it will look alright in black.
1592119982844.png

Sony PlayStation 5..

Xbox tie your hands with proprietary stuff
Post automatically merged:

Design is not going to be same.. this is first version.. it will change later

I think they will be priced similarly and less than $500. The Xbox Chief (or some high profile dude on the Xbox team) told that the pricing would either make or break the console. Obviously in India, it's going to be priced crazily.

So any idea.. if after PS5 and Xbox X release. The prices of PS4 AND XBOX ONE will be reduced or not..
They indeed will, it will definitely drop to below 20k and remain there until stocks last.

I currently have absolutely no latest news at all regarding either PS5 or xbox series x (very boring atm :p ) aside from this picture which apparently is legit
1593075579888.png

Oh wow is it comes to below 20 k it's good..

I am not sure if they will stop the manufacturing of PS4 ..

PS3 was almost came at 12 k when PS4 launched
Yeah. I think it'll take at least a year or two once the PS5 settles in the market. Till then, PS4 and XOne will be manufactured.

While browsing some revies on Amazon and Flipkart .. I came to know that many people were able to get PS4 for 16 and 20 k...

Really that low ...

While browsing some revies on Amazon and Flipkart .. I came to know that many people were able to get PS4 for 16 and 20 k...

Really that low ...

I managed to get a PS4 Pro for 32K from Amazon back in Diwali 2018.

I don't think PS4 will be discontinued so quickly. PS1, PS2 and PS3 stayed around for long after their next gen came out.

Microsoft might take Xbox One away quickly because the next gen is said to have backward compatibility with all previous generation consoles and a lot of games.

The reason for MS is simple they have lost the current gen badly and their exclusives are multi platform in the form of PC. Sony on the other hand has TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima as it's swan song (PS4 first party exclusive)

What Sony will do is what they did for PS3 and PS4. Multiplayer of GT6 gone when GT Sport came out, Resistance 3 multiplayer killed when Killzone for PS4 came out

Let's look at the production date of Sony Consoles (source Wikipedia)
PS1 : 1994 -2006
PS2 : 2000-2013
PS3 : 2006-2017
PS4 : 2013-?

If you look at the overlap then we can say for sure that PS4 won't disappear quickly but with compilations and remasters being released for PS4 definitely reduced PS3's lifespan and PS5 being backward compatible with PS4 might impact PS4's longevity but PS2 was 100% backward compatible with PS1 and early PS3s were 100% backward compatible with PS2s. PS1 was not mainstream but it's production continued till the year PS3 came out.

Back