Playstation 5 & Xbox Series X

What are you going to buy or wish to buy? Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X

• Total voters
Consumer dilemma is to decide whether to buy the RTX 3000 series cards or the ps5

Console still cheaper than 3080 card and probably on par or more than 3070. I would go console if I was to build a new PC. If I was upgrading my PC, then it would be PC.
With zen 3 next month and hopefully price normalization of PC parts, its a tough call to make.

The other thing is game prices will be 70$ on launch on PS5 and with the number of games launching, its going be a good dent in the pocket this holiday season either console or PC

I am still on the fence with either Xbox Series X or PS5 ( More towards playstation because of exclusives ).
A lot will depend on game pass v/s PS+ game collection as lot of games I am yet to play of current gen. Also future lineup for games is still developing so things will be clearer in coming months.

Consumer dilemma is to decide whether to buy the RTX 3000 series cards or the ps5
Not really, it's not like you can buy only an rtx 3000 series and start gaming lol. Buying the other pc parts and to make sure they don't bottleneck the GPU, and minimum wattage will also go up hence 450/550w psus won't suffice anymore. Overall if one were to make a pc build with an rtx 3060 in mind ( let's just say it will cost 40K), you will be seeing a minimum expenditure of more than 70K/80K. Yet at the same time, when you look at consoles, in the long run it might just be more expensive, sony's and microsoft's subscription services on paper does really sound good and it's too early to say whether it's going to actually change how we pay for games atm. Looking back at physical/actual ownership games, with each game costing more than 4K on consoles(and even 5K for next gen now), this is extremely overpriced for anyone who doesn't have a buttload of money. The used market for games will dwindle down if in the next few years if sony push their digital edition console ever more (i'm sure they will). If anyone is still wondering why the big two are pushing hard for digital, it's simple really, they will control the entire supply chain of delivery of games itself, have much higher cuts from sale of the actual games since you remove the retailers and distributors out of the equation.

Consoles will always play second fiddle to PC in terms of sheer horsepower, there's no way in hell a 500$ console can match a 500$ GPU.
Just look at Halo:Infinite, 5 years in the making and looks like absolute garbage even with all those theoretical TFLOPS the Series X is supposed to have.
They will be giving players the option to play at either 1080p60 or 4K30 which will probably be accomplished once again with methods like checkerboard rendering/upscaling so they probably can't even match last-gen 2080 levels.

At the end of the day it all depends on the games for which there's still nothing to be excited about, there have to be at least 5-6 platform sellers before considering buying a console unless you're one of those FIFA/CoD fanboys who play just one game all the time anyways.
TBH last gen was the weakest and there was no reason to own a console if you already owned even a midrange PC. Most of the titles were also released for the PC and looked and ran better with a few exceptions ofc. Good thing I have at least half a dozen friends in the city with a PS4, half of whom are already going to buy a PS5 at launch so I'm going to source a 3060/3060Ti/3070 from the US instead because we have the benefit of regional pricing on Steam.
I used to preorder games for 2200 on the PS3 and sell them on IVG for 2000 after a week or so, now with the price of games expected to hit 5k it seems ridiculous to own one.

What is the logic of Microsoft pricing Xbox series x

$499 - Rs 49990
$299 - Rs 34990

$299 version should be Rs 29990

This show how pathetic and idiotic marketing guys behave..

What is the logic of Microsoft pricing Xbox series x

$499 - Rs 49990
$299 - Rs 34990

$299 version should be Rs 29990

This show how pathetic and idiotic marketing guys behave..
Its the taxes plus this good is not manufactured in India so more taxes i.e the import duty.

Awaiting India prices for PS5. If its lower than X Box X, then Microsoft has to reduce their to even stay in the game.

Awaiting India prices for PS5. If its lower than X Box X, then Microsoft has to reduce their to even stay in the game.

MS anyways has to do a lot to stay in the console game. They are heading into Xbox X with a lot of damage that PS has done over the last 7 years or so and I believe this would continue into PS5 as well.

Can't believe it's been 7 years already though :openmouth: . Just seeing from this poll of 33 votes itself, whether one will or not buy a PS5, Sony have certainly made their mark in India that microsoft failed to do. Now that all the prices have been revealed and only indian price for the PS5 is now left, let us see what this new decade will bring in India.

This is not just in India, this is the trend everywhere. Xbox always boosted how good their specs were but had nothing to play. Halo? lol really. Plus most of these games would be on PC so why not get a PC instead. PS has its glory mainly because of its exclusives. I loved every single one of them. I am a proud owner of the original PS4. My machine can probably last another 5 years who knows. The only thing I added was a 4 TB HDD and replaced the original controller. Hope the newer generation doesn't disappoint. Obviosly I won't be pre-ordering it, but if they release Demon Souls Remake and HZD 2 as launch titles, hell yeah I will buy it first day.

User customization is a big point, Sony wins here.. we can easily upgrade hard disk..

Microsoft on other hand is crazy about proprietary hardware..

Even PS5 will have easy ssd upgrade

Microsoft spending money on tech reviewer for for few months.. .. so they know what is going to happen with their hardware

I am getting very good deal on Xbox one s with 2 controller locally, is it any good for kids?

I have never own any console previously.

I am getting very good deal on Xbox one s with 2 controller locally, is it any good for kids?

It might just be fine. But it's going to start showing its age quite soon as most of the upcoming games are going to be released for the next gen consoles exclusively; which the console in question is not going to be a part of.

I personally wouldn't recommend buying it.

Edit: Although please share how much you are going to be getting it for. If your kids are interested in games such as fortnite, I am sure it should run fine.

Get a PlayStation.. Xbox is not having good community or games in India.. PlayStation community is very strong in india

Still nothing from sony india side . The website also now does not state november 19th launch date. Guess will have to wait until march :(

Depends.

How much does it cost? How old is it? What's the kids age group who are going to play?

You don't need a PS5 or Xbox series X unless you want that all the new features and latest games at high quality.

Still nothing from sony india side . The website also now does not state november 19th launch date. Guess will have to wait until march :(

If Sony doesnt clear this up, I might as well go the Xbox route rather than waiting till next year

lolwut

Untitled.jpg

Back