Budget 41-50k Please help me build a gaming PC within Rs. 40k

This in-depth review might be helpful to understand why this seasonic model is preferred by many.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Seasonic-S12II-Bronze-520-W-Power-Supply-Review/954/1

To better understand working of a PSU, also refer to this
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Anatomy-of-Switching-Power-Supplies/327

And excellent choice of components. You are settled for next 2 years, gaming on high settings at 1080p resolution with 60+ FPS in most of the games. R9-270X is awesome card in the 15K category. Playing skyrim right now, with everything maxed out. without any issue. And Titanfall as well. BF4 will suffer some loss in FPS while playing with Ultra setting, but I am sure it will fetch 40+ FPS. Some games are made to sweat entire system. Games like crysis, Metro etc.

Thanks for this information, mate. I actually did check out that review yesterday and I understand that the Seasonic SII is one of best PSUs in its class. What I still don't understand is why are the others (the ones I mentioned in my earlier post) almost never recommended considering their significantly lower price.

Thanks for your words. You guys have been absolutely instrumental in helping me finally deciding on a configuration. Coming from the kind of rig that I currently own, this will feel like a freaking supercomputer.

July is here (well, 13 days ago) and I finally managed to get things done. So, here's the list of components that I ended up buying:

Intel Core i5 4460 - 11,700
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H - 5,500
WD Caviar Green 1 TB - 3,600
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4GB x 2 - 5,900
Seasonic S12II 520 - 4,900
Corsair SPEC 01 - 3,700
LG DVD-R - 950
Cooler Master Devastator - 2,750 (Awaiting delivery from Snapdeal)

Total - Rs. 39,000

Everything except the PSU and the Keyboard-Mouse combo was bought from a local dealer in Pimpri. He gave me pretty decent prices in most cases, hence decided to buy it from him.

Got the PSU from Amazon.in and the CM Devastator from Snapdeal. Yes, I opted for this combo because its looks were too good to let go and for some weird ostentatious reason, I wanted my >50k PC to look like a >50k PC.

Also, I went for 4GB x 2 RAM modules instead of the single stick because I'd be using a lot of Lightroom and Photoshop for my photography work.

Will be buying the Sapphire R9 270x and a few cooling fans for the cabinet in August. The SPEC 01 has provision for two exhaust fans at the top and one at the back along with another intake fan on the front. Should I add fans at all of these slots or would that be an overkill?

By the way, I'm delighted to report that even a recent game like Medal of Honor - Warfighter is playing at a decent framerate at 720p + low-med settings. Didn't know the HD4600 was so good.

Once again, genuine thanks to Harshil, Crossbow and Crazy_Eddy for their valuable inputs and advice.

Congrats Xavier. That's pretty solid build.

For Fans, I would say, see for 2-3 months whether temps go at alarming stat when system is running with good amount of load or not. If temps are crossing 55-60 regularly than yes additional case fans will be beneficial.

Install HW Monitor application to check details regarding temps. :thumbs:

after all the discussion in the thread and the final specs ,im curious as to why an intel xeon 1220 e3 @ 13.2k (costtocost) was not recommended? iif youre going to spend on discrete graphics anyway, an intel xeon with i7 like cpu performance makes sense? or does it not?

Experts kindly give inputs,im contemplating a similar build6 months down the line with broadwell CPUs.

Back