Please recommend a good container for storing non veg in freezer

unni

Adept
I am in the market for containers that can be used in refrigerator freezer for storing meat, fish and other non veg items. I liked the Tupperware Freezermate containers such as this 3.3l and this 650ml. But I am not sure if they are genuine since some of the comments say it may be fake. I looked for Cello, but I couldn't find any that are freezer safe and shaped similar to the Tupperware (rectangular).

Please give be some recommendations on good safe to use freezer safe containers and where to buy them.

Better buy ziplock bags. I use the same for both veggies and meat. They help as they are flexible and freezer space is already at a premium so you can stuff more things in utilizing the space more efficiently.

Only metal containers are used in my household. Everything must be stainless steel. They have this theory that anything with spices interacts with plastic and bad things happen :nailbiting:

Course it depends how you warm it up after. We stick it in a pressure cooker to defrost so metal makes sense.

Can't get a microwave because the same people have theories about why its better not to use microwaves as well :arghh:

I am in the market for containers that can be used in refrigerator freezer for storing meat, fish and other non veg items. I liked the Tupperware Freezermate containers such as this 3.3l and this 650ml. But I am not sure if they are genuine since some of the comments say it may be fake. I looked for Cello, but I couldn't find any that are freezer safe and shaped similar to the Tupperware (rectangular).

Please give be some recommendations on good safe to use freezer safe containers and where to buy them.
If you're okay with glass, buy borosil brand glass bowls. they're both freezer and microwave safe. I rarely store meat so this is perfect for me

https://www.amazon.in/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node=1379998031&field-keywords=borosil

But he aint only gonna store pickles right?

Dont always go with tupperware. Its just a overhyped brand. There are lot of way better and cheaper plastic alternatives. Just make sure its virgin plastic.

Use ziplock bags or similar type netted puches/bags for vegies.

For meat, its is best kept in freezer where it doesnt make rest of the containers/fridge items smelly etc. + in freezer they can be stored for longer duration without getting smelly and loosing on quality.

Amazon is way overpriced for such stuff. If you have a DMart near your house, you will find lots of Taiwanese brand glass bowls and containers that are cheaper and have better quality than most Indian brands and some of them even have a lid with a silicone gasket to make the container airtight. DMart have Borosil bowls too mostly alongside these no name imported stuff and you can see the quality and weight difference.

If it's raw meat/fish, we use any decent plastic container. We keep them separate containers according to meals it meant to be consumed (like for fish 3 or 4 pieces in each box, for each meal). This way just need to thaw the box needed for cooking. And since the freezer door is rarely opened, just once/twice a day, and raw fish/meat (plus few dry spice boxes) is what we generally keep there, never worried about air tight containers.

For cooked items, we use air tight microwavable plastic or glass containers.
But irrespective of the brand of the plastic, after a few cycle of freezing-microwaving, the containers doesn't remain usable. The oil gets stuck on the walls, doesn't wash off, starts smelling.

we use tupperware since ages, similar to the one mentioned in opening post.

But i would not suggest getting from amazon India (i doubt their authenticity at greater extent) , rather from a local distributor.

Back