Windows Please suggest a DAW to replace Logic Pro X

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
Hi! I’m forced to move away from Macs ( for the lack of ports in newer laptops and the old MBA is dying slowly) after almost 10 years.
All these years was using Logic and Live for production ( mostly online collaborations) Loved Logic and learned it inside out.
Now need suggestions for a DAW in which the workflow is similar and of course which works with Windows.
Studio One (Presonus) and Reaper are the obvious choices, but I have never used either earlier. I mostly work with audio with few midi tracks and Reaper seems to have the upper hand, but the myriads of options in it scares me. Yes, there are Logic like themes for it, but still it feels a very difficult DAW to wrap my head around. I’m not an audio engineer, just an amateur musician who likes to mix and master.
Anyone here with any experience with Harrison’s Mixbus? The UI seems very friendly as I’ve worked with analog consoles years ago.

A hub not good enough ? since you know macs there is this learning curve to deal with. For what

Stick with what you know. It gets the job done.

Not ditching Mac completely, the iMac still works fine. But my air is old and failing. Don’t want to carry dongles/ hub as we travel a LOT.
I’m not a technical guy, rather from the other end of the spectrum, doctor...so I’m pretty much illiterate with hackintosh

Now I know how Apple could sell dual core machines for more than a grand. Logic, FCPX have no real rival in Windows. Adobe suite is very expensive, not at all optimized (memory guzzler) with millions of features, enough to scare pretty experienced user of FCPX.
DAWs are even worse. Ableton definitely runs better on Macs but decent enough on Windows, but its not a match for real instrument based music. Cubase has that stupid dongle, the pro version is priced ridiculously, Studio One seemed balanced, but its a crash fest and still lack many tools.
Only good options are Samplitude and Sequoia (insanely expensive, very powerful, way more than Logic)
Logic strikes a perfect balance between a toy and a real DAW for real instrument (nothing against EDM producers, its fine for couple of days, but never beyond that)

Last edited:
Back