Please suggest a gaming rig for ~ Rs 1,15,000 [max].[excluding monitor]

arpan

Adept
Hi guys !!

Want to build a gaming rig for ~ Rs. 1,15,000 for a friend. He plans to connect it to a LED TV.

This is what i have thought of buying:

•

Q: What is your budget?

a. 1,15,000

• Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

NA

• Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

NA

• Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

processor [i7 920]

x58 board [ asus / gigabyte / dfi ]

2gb * 3 ddr3 ram [corsair / g.skill / ocz ]

noctua cpu cooler

ati 5970 gpu

psu [corsair/seasonic/tagan]

1 tb western digital caviar black HDD.

dvd writer [ sony / lg ]

NZXT Guardian cabby [please suggest a good cabinet as i doubt 5970 might not fit in this cabby]

logitech g15

razer death adder/mx 518

razer mouse pad

apc UPS

• Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes , it will be my final congiguration.

• Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

a. Mumbai

• Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

a. No

• Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

a. Gaming

b. Browsing

c. Watching HD movies

• Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

a. No, I’ll let you guys advise me the best brands.

• Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

a. All possible games!!!

• Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. SAMSUNG LED TV

• Q: Are you looking to overclock?

a. Not sure

• Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

a. Windows 7 64 bit

Please give in your corrections and suggestions along with the cost of each product .

Thanks in advance. :)

@ krishnandu

I checked it out.

But i dont like the looks of haf 932, nor does my friend.

So just wanted to know if 5970 will fit in NZXT guardian.

And will a corsair TX650 would be good enough for 5970.

Core i7 920 - 16k

Gigabyte x58 - 14k

3x 2 GB DDR3 1600 G Skill Ripjaws 7-8-7-24 - 12k

RAID 2x ITB WD Black - 10k

Corsair HX 850 or above - 10k

ATi Sapphire HD 5850 CF (Costs much less than the 5970 and performs about equal) - 32k

HP DVD RW 24x + DVD RW 22x - 2.5k

Coolermaster HAF 932 - 9k

Noctua Cooler - 4k

Asus Xonar DX - 5k

The best Razer mouse you can find, 5k

Mechanical keyboard Italian Red with back lighting 10k

Audio Engine AE2 + Polk PSW110 - 22k

Ok i would like to help high end users :) hope you will be satisfied with my configuration..
Gonna give you the best from the rest...
1. i7 930 2.8ghz -14k
2. Asus p6t delux V2 -15 k(checl prices) supports both sli \crossfire :)
3.G.SKILL DDR3 F3-10666CL9T-3GBNQ 3gb*2- 10k
4.SMPS Corsair HX1000W -15k
5.HDD- 1TB WD Caviar Black 6.4k
6.GPU- MSI 5850 cypress pro in cross fire - 30k
7.Tunic tower extreme cpu cooler - 2.7k its the best :)
8. Cabin HAF 922 =6.5k
9.Key board-G15 4.5k
10. mouse cooler master sentinel 4.5k
10. UPS apc 1100-5k
11.Logitech X-210 2.1 Speakers 1.6k
12. Sony dvd writer 1.1k
Grand Total :Rs.1,16,300:clap::cool2:
If you want good music system buy just one graphics card that will do great .. you can buy fantastic music speakers for 10k range.. Good luck with your build... Happy computing . I wish mera baap tera baap jaise hota :p

i7 930/Xeon 3520 + Gigabyte X58 UD7 + G.Skill 3x2GB GBNQs + Intel X25-M G2 80GB SSD + 2x1.5TB WD 15EARS + Samsung/Liteon/Benq DVD burner + Sapphire/MSI/Asus HD5870 crossfire + Corsair HX850/Seasonic M12D 850 + Lian Li/CM full tower enclosure + Razer DA 3.5G 3500dpi - should be well within the 1L budget.

Get a keyboard in the likes of Saitek Eclipse II/Razer Lycosa/Logitech G15 v2 - whatever suits you the best.

Don't you need a speaker system/sound card/UPS?

Thanks for the configurations guys.

I dont want a dual card setup thats why i'll stick to 5970.

Which corsair psu should i go with for 5970?

Speakers are to be excluded from this setup as my friend already has them.

Please suggest some other cabinet other than the HAF 932/922.

And will a 5970 fit in a NZXT Guardian 921 ?

Which of these is better : ASUS p6t v2 deluxe or GIGABYTE ud7

@kaneunderground

even i wish ke mera baap bhi aisa hota !!!! :)

Arpan:

Like The Desecrator suggested, 2 x HD5870 is the fastest ATI setup currently available. You initial request made us think, that you would want the fastest system available. Not pushing you here, but why you shy from 2x cards..?

@desiibond

Ok i'll go with Tx750w

@asingh

Just worried about the heat issues as well as the driver issues that might occur with a crossfire setup. correct me if i am wrong.

@Rockfella

Requirements stated in the first post itself. Just was unsure about the brands and the models.

With agreement to the above. CF issues are off the past now. Drivers are good and optimized, most games released realize the dual GPU. Heat will be perfectly manageable with the range of chassis you are contemplating.

Core i7 i930 2.8GHz @ 15.8k

Gigabyte GA-EX58UD3R @ 14K

Thermalright TRUE Ultra-120 2.5K

Corsair TR3X2G-1600 XMS3 C9 6GB Kit @ 8.6k

Cooler Master Centurion 690 @ 4.2k

Razer Arctosa @ 2.5k

Razer Lachesis @ 3.5k

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4.2k

LG 22x DVD @ 1.1k

Corsair HX650W @ 7.3k

Sapphire HD5870 1GB GDDR5 @ 23k

TOTAL = Rs. 87,800

Why have I suggested this rig?

1. The performance of this rig is phenomenal

2. It is a very balanced rig

3. The price tag is quite low compared to budget (save money!!!!!!)

4. The HD5970 won't have resale value, and the performance gain is not evident in all games, whereas HD5870 performs throughout and gives excellent fps in all games at max settings

5. There is talk of the next gen HD6000 coming out in the 2nd Half of this year (YES TRUE), then it will only be a better choice for the OP to get rid of the HD5870(if he wants) and grab a spanking new HD6870/50 ?

Please avoid the guardian. If you must have an NZXT case in the same price range, get the Lexa S instead. ~500 INR more gets you a flipped internal layout with the PSU at the bottom, all black interiors, a smoked black side panel and much better airflow.

@asingh

Wont a 5870 x-fire setup increase the budget over 1,15,000? + i might need a better Psu for this setup.

@amien

NZXT lexa s is awesome. But will a 5970 fit well in it ?

arpan said:
@asingh
Wont a 5870 x-fire setup increase the budget over 1,15,000? + i might need a better Psu for this setup.

@amien
NZXT lexa s is awesome. But will a 5970 fit well in it ?

What's the resolution of the TV this thing will be connected to? A single 5870 can handle most games at 2560x1600 resolutions so i think your money might be better spent elsewhere, like on an SSD/more storage for example.

I can confirm that the Lexa S will fit a 5870 and SHOULD have enough room for a 5890. You can go through this:- List of cases that fit the ATI 5870 - techPowerUp! Forums , it may help.

Arpan:

What all have you fixed upon. Post that, and then we can decide the accelerator. The PSU that were reported to you till now, TX650, HX850 all fit the bill. Start to narrow down on components.

Back