Graphic Cards Please Suggest a good AGP card arnd 5-6k !

Hi buddies,
i've been here after a long time..still it feels like home!! The culprit : My new job..:mad:

Well, it seems like i cud do with ur expert suggestions as i need to upgrade my graphic card...i cannot afford to go all out and get a new pci express system at the moment as performance wise i'm quit happy with my rig.. Please see my rig specs.. I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 mb 128 bit card and it does play aoe3, rise of legends, fifa 2006 etc. admirably but lacks that elusive shader model 3 support...though i can do without it but decent frame rates..err..i cant do without it..so i have to tone down the graphics to medium to play aoe3 at respectable fps rates...

Second problem is with the catalyst 6.8 drivers.. i have a dual boot system with xp and server 2003.. while it works fine on xp, the driver wont install on server 2k3..:mad: It give error messages.. Ati website says they do not have a driver for 2k3.

That makes me want to go back to Nvidia..i had an fx5200 before and the driver wud install easily on 2k3.. so please suggest me an nvidia card around 5-6k max.

I tried the 6200 from BIG but it turned out to be an LE and it showed in the games as the frame rates were pathetic.. SO 6600 LE or 6600 comes to my mind...I had a bad experience with LE cards so it seems its gonna be 6600..
Is it a good buy? Also whick make shud i go for...XFX (3 yr wrnty), BIG(3 yrs) or LEADTEK (1 yr.:( )?

Btw hows the 6500...aint good enuf..rit?? ALso please tell me the lowest priced GT i can get in mumbai.. a lot of questions i guess...c'mon guys..wont you help ur ol' friend..??:eek:hyeah:

i doubt u will get a 6600 gt for less than 6k....so i think..the best option ..would be loook for the various offers for second hand 6600 gts at TE market section...as many of them have 1-2 yrs warranty left..and are priced between 4-5 k which is quiet decent...so better go for a offer from TE market...

or may be u can wait for a suggestion from other experts...i dont knw if theres any AGP based Geforce 7series card...better than 600gt...and within 5-6k..

so either go for second hand 6600gt(thts what i prefer-as i am using it and it runs almost all games smoothly .at medium-high settings) OR wait for some other suggestions to pour in...

hope this solves u r problems !

Back