Budget 90k+ Please suggest a graphics card and monitor for me

sidk47

Disciple
Hi guys,

I want to play games like gta v, rise of the tomb raider, and mafia iii by upgrading my graphics card and buying either a free sync or g sync monitor.

Please suggest a good graphics card and a monitor to go along with it. It should be more than full HD, maybe 4k or somewhere in between. It should support the appropriate graphics card technology (free sync for AMD or g sync for nvidia).

I have a core i5 2500K overclocked to 4.2GHz, 12GB of DDR3 RAM, an Asus P67PRO motherboard and a nvidia gtx970 which I will sell along with my Dell U23H11 monitor. I have a Antec case which is pretty big and also a gold certified 1000W power supply.

Please bear in mind the benchmarks for GTA V show gtx 1080 way ahead of AMD RX Vega. So these are the cards I am mainly looking at and my reason for preferring nvidia gtx 1080, because I like to play GTA V. Most importantly, my budget for both graphics card and monitor is 1Lac.

Please help me with my purchasing decision.

Cheers!
Siddharth,
Coimbatore, TN.

Vega does not make any sense. Get a 1080, I am not sure but that you can get 4k a g-sync monitor within your budget. Assuming you meant 90k for gpu and monitor combied.

Will there be any price cuts on nvidia graphics cards because of the launch of amd vega? Or should I just go ahead with my purchase?

since vega is overpriced right now and they are not even beating gtx 1080 in games. Its safe to assume no price cut at least in india

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm thinking of going with zotac amp extreme 1080 Ti as it has 5 years warranty. Do you think this is a good decision?

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm thinking of going with zotac amp extreme 1080 Ti as it has 5 years warranty. Do you think this is a good decision?
yes, i haven't heard of any major issues with zotac.
even if you don't keep the card for 5 years the warranty adds to resale value.

I doubt you'll ever find a 4K monitor with G-Sync at that budget, given the fact that GPU will cost atleast 50k+. I had the dream of a 4K system but right now there isn't any single card which will run a AAA rated title in maxed fidelity in 4K. Also most games are dropping SLI support too, so settled on a 2K display and a GTX 1080 for the moment.

Zotac provides 5 year warranty for the 1080 too, 2 years is standard and 3 years is extended. Contact them for further details just to be sure.

Simple go for a 1080ti and buy a dlp projector instead of monitor. You can play all mentioned games in 3d.
Infact I was playing Tomb Raider GOTY in stereoscopic 3d so beautiful. Buy benq w1070 or something.
You will never go back to monitors once you get addicted to 120inch 3d gaming.
Difference will be night and day.

Back