Please suggest good quality CAT5e Cable.

Folks,

I am in need to buy some good quality Cat5e cable that will last through rough terrain. Its going to run about 100 meters and may face sun and weather.

We had some wires previously and they I guess got brittle and are not usable anymore. Uses are for CCTV wiring. If possible please suggest possible pricing.

Regards,
LT

My ISP uses normal wires. I'd suggest to run two wires - just in case if one does not work - the other should. However, run both thru different ways.

I've got some expensive branded CAT6 cable installed in and around my house, and it's gone brittle too soon. I guess these network cables aren't meant for "rough terrains" and excessive bends.

If you happen to come across any solution then please post it here. Thanks!

If its for external use, can't the wire be concealed in plastic pipes? It will be costly, but plastic pipes are weather resistant to a good extent. You could easily run two cat5e cables in a half inch pipe I guess. With the plastic pipe shielding, you could settle for wholesale cable which come in 50-100m bundles. Saw some on eBay.

purchase a flex pipe of a quarter of an inch size ... If you go for the entire bundle it will cost you comparatively less than buying loose. Run the cable through that flex pipe.
The pipe is just like the exhaust pipe of a washing machine. it holds well against weather and sun for about 3years or so.
You can also try some better kind of cable which may come with some extra shielding or simply use CAT 6. CAT 6 has the plastic spinal support in the cable which makes it quite strong. and a shielded cable would protect it from weather also. but again since its out doors and facing sun and weather directly no solution would be a permanent. best option is to go with flex pipe.

they mostly use stp cables but even their cables go kaput in few months or a year....
other truck is to keep the cables hanging a little loose so they don't damage under tension....

Back