CPU/Mobo Please suggest "Most powerful Onboard Graphics" ?

Vij

Skilled
Hi friends

I need your help. I am bit out of sync with the current PC trend. I am looking for an AMD based, DDR3 suuporting, motherboard that sports the most powerful integrated/onboard graphics.

It should also be easily available.

Budget Please.

Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO-6.5k

Has HD4200 IGP. The best IGP till date.

Also has 128MB DDRIII side port memory. So pretty much most powerful IGP till date.

Easily available everywhere and also a ATX mobo.

MSi has 785G mobos form 4.5k but not sure of their availability. Even the Gigabyte 785G UD2H is unavailable in many places.

Intel 4500 is miles behind ATI AMD 785G. Intel IGP has always been crappy. You can find Laptops and desktops powered by useless intel GMA 945, G31, G35 and G45 graphics strugling everywhere. Only good for office work. Now a days there is little bit of gaming, HD play etc everywhere even if you don't intend the PC to top end. In that sense there is no way to get superior integrated graphics than to have AMD 785G and that too at much lower price than the Intel Integrated graphics. There is no point comparing Intel G45 even to older AMD 690G & 780G & 790GX, forget about AMD 785GE

TheIndian said:
Intel on board for AMD - that should be interesting.

But even other wise is the intel 4500 solution better then 785?

Therefore, the comparison to Intel is an inevitable one. The direct price competitor to the 785G is Intel's G41, a horribly crippled and price reduced version of the G45 chipset. You lose PCIe 2.0 and any sort of H.264/VC1 video decoding abilities, all in exchange for a lower price. It just gets worse from a feature viewpoint when combining the ICH7 Southbridge with it. From this perspective, there's just no real reason to pick the G41 platform over a 785G configuration. Intel is resting on its ability to sell crappy chipsets with really good CPUs, and AMD is relying on a great chipset to sell a, well, pretty good CPU as well.

Source : AnandTech: AMD's 785G Chipset - Revolutionary or Evolutionary? :)

dvijaydev46 said:
@OP: If your intention is gaming, a 790GX will be better than a 785 plain and simple. But the 785 tends to better at HD offloading.

As stated, the 790 GX will perform better as it has a higher core speed of 700 mhz compared to 500 Mhz of the 780G/785G. But 785 has a newer version of UVD i think, afaik the only new feature is ability to decode two hd streams simultaneously(ie Picture in picture found in some Blu Ray's). And if you get a mobo with onboard ram for the gfx performance will be even better

vij said:
The 790GX seems to score best in many benchmarks.

See this: AnandTech: Gigabyte's GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H - AMD's 785G is Here, Sort of...

Also read:

The graphics core in the 785G is upgraded from the HD3200/3300 utilized in the 780G/790GX to the HD4200. The primary difference between the cores is that the HD4200 fully supports DX10.1, Unified Video Decoder 2.0 (UVD), hardware accelerated picture in picture capabilities, dynamic contrast, HQ video scaling, hardware accelerated video transcoding, and full Powerplay support. The graphics core still runs at 500MHz (in current form) and at least in our particular sample, we were able to reach 1057MHz without too much trouble.

What does all this mean? For one, thanks to the HD4200, AMD finally offers multi-channel LPCM audio output plus additional hardware video accelerated functions. As far as performance is concerned, expect a 5%~ 15% performance increase in games.

^^TTM they're just speculating here. The difference in core clock speed cannot be made up. Maybe they're predicting that dx10.1 will increase performance. Outright performance goes to the GX for sure

And the multi channel LPCM thing is false, they clarified later that it still supports only 2 channel LPCM.

Edit: Though if you meant overclocking the graphics, then both might overclock to the same level i guess

hunt3r said:
^^TTM they're just speculating here. The difference in core clock speed cannot be made up. Maybe they're predicting that dx10.1 will increase performance. Outright performance goes to the GX for sure

And the multi channel LPCM thing is false, they clarified later that it still supports only 2 channel LPCM.

Edit: Though if you meant overclocking the graphics, then both might overclock to the same level i guess

The graphics core in the 785G is upgraded from the HD3200/3300 utilized in the 780G/790GX to the HD4200. The primary difference between the cores is that the HD4200 fully supports DX10.1, Unified Video Decoder 2.0 (UVD), hardware accelerated picture in picture capabilities, dynamic contrast, HQ video scaling, hardware accelerated video transcoding, and full Powerplay support. The graphics core still runs at 500MHz (in current form) and at least in our particular sample, we were able to reach 1057MHz without too much trouble.

^ I was simply highlighting the differences between the two chipsets.

No one is talking here about overclocking or Clock speed etc. The discussion on better IGP is that HD4200 is latest, UVD2, & DX 10.1 and it is futuristic. Biostar Mobo TA785GE is available @ Rs 3500, what else required. Everything is compared and it is VFM. Though 790GX may be powerfull than 785GE, marginaly due to clock speed, but AMD 785 is DX10.1, UVD2.0 and HD4200, a little ahead in the sense.

Mar/April 2010, you will find AMD 890GX upgrading IGP to HD 5200 @ 750Mhz and DX11. Crossfiring of IGP & Descrete graphic card is already there in 780, 790 & 785 chips. Hope AMD manges to switching between IGP & Graphic card as and when required by the software and games, which can switch of the graphic card, while you are just doing office work, which can be taken care by IGP.

Karthi007 said:
Budget Please.
Asus M4A785TD-V-EVO-6.5k
Has HD4200 IGP. The best IGP till date.
Also has 128MB DDRIII side port memory. So pretty much most powerful IGP till date.
Easily available everywhere and also a ATX mobo.

thanx for the info. it seems the perfect mobo for my needs.. but from where can i purchase M4A785TD-V-EVO at 6.5 k? anyone please recommend a good store for computer components in Pune. i found things are overpriced in Pune.

Back