CPU/Mobo Pleases help me trouble shoot

sidk47

Disciple
[SOLVED]

Hi guys,

My sandy bridge system finally arrived, and to test it, I got it assembled outside of the case. (P8P67 PRO and core i5 2500K) It's not working.

Monitor (Dell U2311) says no signal and goes into power saving mode. Other than that, everything seems fine. Both cpu fans work, as does the graphics card fan. I get 3 lights (caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock) on the keyboard after 2 seconds of turning on the system. About a couple seconds later, the caps lock light blinks once briefly and turns off.

What do you guys think could be the problem? I already re installed the RAM into the bottom channel (A2 and B2) sockets, and cleaned the gold plating on my graphics card. Everything else is at default settings. Power supply is a Kingwin 850W connected to a UPS. A Seagate momentus XT is connected through a 6gbps cable to the Marvell navy blue controller, a LG optical DVD RW CD RW drive is connected to the white SATA 6gbps port through another 6pgbps cable. No luck.

Keeping fingers crossed,
Siddharth.

strip down the system, just the mobo and ram... c if you get beeps, if ok, plug keyboard, see light sequence, the add hdd, keep gfx away for now if you have onboard, just for testing, then add display ... and report for any onscreen messege

^The P67 chipset motherboards do not have the provision to output the display. H67 does.

@OP: What sticks of RAM are you pairing with the setup? Borrow another stick from a friend or better still buy a stick of 2GB DDR3 value RAM. Costs around 1k or even cheaper. You can sell it later at almost the same price. If you have the speaker from the chassis connected to the board, you may be able to hear the beep. Beeps can help diagnose the fault. Reset the BIOS. Remove the CMOS battery and keep it aside for a while and slap it back and check. What GPU are you using? Have you connected all the relevant power cables to the GPU?

Sorry to give you all (and myself) a scare. My system is working fine now. I just didn't insert the RAM hard enough to hear the notch click. It was only partially inserted. Also the 8-pin power to the area near the CPU was not inserted the right way around.

Anyway my system is working fine now and I'm very happy. Thank you all.

Back