Disciple
Hello TE Members

I've finally decided to purchase a graphic card so need your help guys

My current config is
C2D 6320
965RY orig mobo intel
2.5 GB kingston RAM

My budget Rs 12K

Actually no problem with the budget but i think for a higher end card, system will be a bottleneck, So i will stick to a budget of Rs 12K , as i ve plans for console in future(when they update it)

I need suggestions on graphics card that will run well according to my sys config,

Also i ve a local psu, so will upgrade PSU from your suggestions.

Also Please mention card company and model no. there are so many of them, links to great online deals are also welcome but i prefer to buy from Nehru place Delhi.

btw which company has a best warranty in repair/replace in India like in HDD its WD.

@Madnav and Muzux2

Palit HD4850 has two models

Palit HD 4850 512MB DDR3 Rs :8,200.00

Palit HD 4850 Sonic 512MB DDR3 Rs :9,738.00

is the cost of sonic justifies the price increase?

@Aman27deep

4870 is still costly in India and i ve to purchase locally only.

@Dragon

does 9800gtx+ perform better than 4850's ?

any other suggestions in power supplies other than tagan?

Ok, for now i am thinking of Palit HD4850...and may be a tagan or corsair power supply.

Can someone tell me the price/performance/temperature difference between hd4850 and its sonic counterpart.

^ Sonic Edition is good one over reference model in terms of temps, performance & better cooling. but i've seen many Palit Sonic editions going kaput, dunno whats wrong with Sonic ones. You better get hold of 4850 reference one, though it will run hot( around 80-90oC on peak loads), you can adjust fan speeds while gaming or good ventilation will do..:)

Thanks for the input muzux2..

One more thing ... just seen the digit graphics shootout in which zotac 9800gtx amp edition is given, could anyone tell me more abt it, it has been given best performer, editors pick and best buy all three awards.

would you guys recommend zotac 9800gtx amp edition over palit 4850?

^^^^

I called one dealer in Nehru place and he is quoting around 9K for palit 4850, he said he will further look into after i told him that it was available online for 8K where do i get hd4850 for Rs 7900??

and how do i know if the card i am getting is single slot or double slot.

I am ordering Palit Hd4850 and Tagan 500W from Rahul theitwares.com

hopefully they will be delivered day after tomorrow.

Thanks everyone who replied in this thread.

Back