[PN] Man Finds Long Lost Mother Using Google Earth | Reliance Offers 1GB Free Data With Android | Ne

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Indian Uses Google Earth To Find Long Lost Mother

lostindia610x459.jpg

Saroo Brieley , An Indian who was separated from his family at the age of 5 , was able to find his his village and reunite with his long lost mother by using Google Earth .

He told his story to BBC magazine , he was accompanying his older brother on a train trip in 1986 when he fell asleep and awoke 14 hours later in slum of Calcutta , without his brother . Initially living there with poor children begging for their livelihood , later he was taken to an orphanage and adopted by a couple in Australia.

"I accepted that I was lost and that I could not find my way back home, so I thought it was great that I was going to Australia," he told the magazine.

He had the desire to his origins as he grew older , he used Internet for clues. He determined how far he had travelled on the journey during the 14 hours and eventually concluded that he was from Khandwa .

"When I found it, I zoomed down and bang, it just came up," he said. "I navigated it all the way from the waterfall where I used to play."

He made his way to Khandwa and recognized a familiar house , he found that family had moved , with the help of passers-by , he finally reached the house where his mother lived .

His mother was stunned into silence seeing her long lost son .

"She had a bit of trouble grasping that her son, after 25 years, had just reappeared like a ghost."

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nvidia Retires GTX 580

desktop2012032208312254.jpg

Nvidia has finally ceased the production of its previous generation flagship card GTX 580 . With the launch of its successor GTX 680 which is ruling out there , the GTX 580 can now retire .

The GTX 580 was launched in November 2010 , and held the crown of being the fastest single-GPU card until AMD launched HD 7900 series . The card has been in market for over 1 year and 5 months .

Source

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reliance Teams Up With Google To Give Free 1GB Data With Android Devices

rcom1gb.jpg

Reliance communication in partnership with Google has announced a new promotion under which , it will offer 1GB of free 3G data to all its new and existing customers who buy a new Android device.

The 1GB of data given will be valid for one month . And the offer can be availed between 15th April to 15th June 2012.

Customers who buy new Android device , need to make first voice call , after 72 hours of which , RCom will provide the functionality over the air and the offer will be credited .

Source

Samsung Holding An Event For Next Galaxy on May 3

sgs3.jpg

Samsung is sending official invites for an event which will be held in London on May 3 for next Galaxy device . The invite doesnt mention if its about the Galaxy S III ( or whatever Samsung names it ) , but its quite probable that it will be . Despite the announcement being close , little information is known about the new phone . We will have to wait for the official announcement for it .

Intel Reveals Windows 8 Tablet Specifications

intelz2760clovertrailta.jpg

Intel has released a checklist which reveals the proposed specifications of Windows 8 tablets .

The tablet will have an Intel Atom Z2760 "Clover Tail" chip inside , which is dual core with "burst mode" ( for quick bursts when higher performance is needed ) and with Hyper Threading .

There will be two tablet designs , one 10 inch design and second one will be hybrid 11 inch design which will have physical keyboards .

Intel has proposed an impressive 9 hours of battery life for the tablets and 30 days of standby time . They will be 3G/4G capable as well . They will measure less than 9mm in thickness and weigh less than 1.5 pounds .

Source

Raspberry Pi Starts Shipping

raspberrypi580x434.jpg

The 35$ linux system Raspberry Pi is now shipping . The first batch of 10,000 units of ARM based system was received by RS Components and Allied Electronics a few days ago, and they say shipping to customers worldwide will commence this week. The first batch was up for pre order this February and was sold out quickly .

Source

Click here to view the article

Why is that most of the news on TE portal is posted after 48 hours. The article about a man finding his mother using google was reported in BBC UK on saturday morning when none of the techsites were reporting.

It made it to engadget , the verge so did to TE.

PS: No offence to the writers , you folks are doing a great job. I just posted my view thats all.

It is been available from day one , a lot of TE members including me have ordered and waiting from more than a month. Time to talk to element 14 folks if we could get hands on it as the shipping of first batch has started.

The price of 2700/- is justificable as poubd rate fluctuates , shipping it from UK is a hassle and there is customs also.It can certianly be the ultimate download rig as there will be hughe community support , not to mention XBMC is also being ported to Raspberry Pi. If the said does happen my 25K HTPC will get obselete 😞

Back