[PN] Tech News Update - 22/01/12

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Google Android Market Reaches 11 Billion Downloads , 250 million Android Devices Activated

androidrace.jpg

Google's revenue in last quarter of 2011 was lower than expected , still the company has reached a new milestone for its Android OS , crossing 11 billion app downloads from the market and 250 million activations of android devices .Google had recently celebrated 10 million app downloads last december running a 10 day sale on popular apps , and 200 million devices were activated by november .

Source : Google’s fourth quarter: 250 million Android devices, 11 billion app downloads | Android Community

Discuss it in our forums Here

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Intel Now Offers Warranty Protection for Overclockers

overclockq.jpg

Intel has launched new performance tuning protection plan for its K and X series i5 and i7 processors , the plan allows processor replacement guarantee for one year even in case of burn caused by overclocking and/or overvoltage , this will be in addition to the standard 3 year warranty offered . If it fails under normal circumstances , it will be replaced under standard warranty . This is good news for enthusiasts as well as for normal users who avoid overclocking in fear of damaging their processors . The plans offered are as follows
  • i5 2500K- 20$
  • i7 2600K- 25$
  • i7 2700K - 25$
  • i7 3930K - 35$
  • i7 3960X - 35$

The plans can be purchased through the intel site here Tuning Plan

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Alienware launches New Thin and Sleek Gaming Desktop X51

7282x51vertandhorizjpg5.jpg

Alienware, Dell's gaming pc brand has launched a new slim tower gaming desktop

Claiming to be the world's smallest desktop ever produced, the desktop packs decently powerful hardware while offering portability. The size is comparable to that of gaming consoles and targeted towards gamers who want high end performance in small form factor . The desktop is upgradable, hard-drive, graphics and memory can be upgraded easily. The Specifications for X51 include:

• Intel Core i3 Dual Core (standard) and Intel Core i5 and i7 Quad Core Processor Options
  • Intel H61 Mini-ITX Motherboard
    • Nvidia GTX 545 or GTX 555
  • 4GB to 8GB of RAM
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (Standard) or optional Blu-ray Disc Reader
  • Integrated 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet NIC and Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN (standard)
  • USB 2.0/3.0 , HDMI etc
  • Alienware 240 Watt Power Supply (Standard) or optional 330 Watt Power Supply
  • Dual-orientation tower system dimensions: h: 13.5†(343mm) x w: 3.74†(95mm) x d: 12.52†(318mm)

Source : The Alienware X51 Brings the Gaming Experience to New Frontiers - Direct2Dell - Direct2Dell - Dell Community

Nike Launches Nike+ FuelBand for athletes

Nike has launched a new device for gadget loving atheletes , called Nike+ FuelBand .

the device includes a three axis accelerometer that tracks user movements and displays information like time , calories , steps and Nike's own unit NikeFuel . The device is water resistant and has four days of battery life , chared using USB and has bluetooth which can be used to sync data to Nike iPhone app . The device is available at a price of 149$ on nikestore.com

Source : Nike+ FuelBand Offers New Way to Measure the Burn

Blackberry Plabook OS 2.0 Rumored to Start Rolling Out in Feb

blackberryplaybookangle.jpg

Blackberry's playbook is rumored to get playbook OS 2.0 upgrades starting from Feb 17th , though this is not officially confirmed by RIM . This will be good news for playbook owners who will be able to have imrpoved notification system , native calendar , contact apps etc . Recently there were huge price cuts on the prices of playbook , with 16Gb playbook selling for Rs 13-14k making it a steal considering the hardware it provides .

Check the OS 2.0 Preview here : CES 2012: BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 - YouTube

Source : berryreview

India expected to have 175 Million Broadband connections by 2014

indiainternet.jpg

Department of IT , Bangalore is targeting 175 million broadband connections in india by 2014 , which is expected to add 87 billion $ to GDP of India . Currently India has around 13 million broadband users with over 100 million internet users . The study recommends setting broadband network to connect schools , hospitals etc to . The States with more internet penetration are expected to grow faster .

source : Siliconindia

Discuss it in our Broadband forums Here

Click here to view the article

More blatant ways to rip off people money
<

BTW that alienware setup looks cool. However chasis from AW are very cluttered and messy from inside.

Back