Poco F1 smartphone officially launched! (With SD845, 6GB/64GB starting 21k)

I prefer GorillaGlass 3 to GGlass 5. Three is resistant to scratches, five handles tumbles better. :facepalm:

^^ Thanks @blr_p for correcting!
I see people with glass backed phones complaining that even with a case on the back got scratched. It's GG5 but the part with case on mystifies me.

When you see the glass it looks perfect. How does it then get scratched with a case on. Oh some dust got in. Really ?

Glass on all phones look perfect, is it possible to make perfect glass for every phone ? i don't think so.

This leads me to conjecture that gorilla glass is just a coating. The glass has scratches but with the coating looks perfect.

After some time the coating wears off and the scratches appear.

What you think ?

The Asus 5Z is a competitor.

https://www.androidauthority.com/asus-zenfone-5z-review-894119

Costs more, camera has OIS but 5z's got a smaller battery

But if you get the positives in that review, they have not mentioned camera at all. Which is strange. Flipkart had a deal on this phone,they were offering 3k extra for exchange and there was also 2k discount or instant cash back either by ICICI/Axis even on EMI. For 25k Asus 5Z is a good buy.

Boy o boy these phone manufactures they keep coming with so many phones every week , just wondering how often people buy phone in a month or 6 months? or stick to their phones for atleast 3 years or 5 ?
Earlier we used to get phones with noticeable upgrades so people used to be so crazy about the latest models but now the market is saturated. These manufacturers are all offering similar products at around the same cost. As for the "buying power" I presume it now depends on the influencers prowess/review hype and general brand loyalty.
But POCO has done what no one else has till now hence the massive hype and interests it has generated.

I think they made some intelligent decisions to focus on the processor / RAM / battery to get on board the specs hype train. That is what the average user looks at and can be quantified on a brochure. It does have a sub-par camera (especially low light), average display (blacks are not deep - notch is more prominent), and plastic based body.

But all those corners cut still justify the price and the product should sell like hot cakes. Although, it will be interesting to see the market dynamics:

1. Does the budget buyer find it a bit expensive ? and they stick to the sub 15,000 range ?
2. Does the premium buyer find it to be a compromise ? and they stick to Asus / Oneplus / LG ?

Managed to bag 1 for a friend of mine. The phone were in stock for some time compared to minimum 4-5 missed chances for Note 4. It must have been a minute or so before they went oos

What went wrong with the ZUK Z2 plus ?

Except for the battery, everything else was good. However, Lenovo didn't give proper software support & updates

I tried my luck with Poco F1 today, as my LG v10 gave up last week (changed motherboard ordered from aliexpress due to boot loop issue, but that also stopped working ) and to my surprise, all went fine in Flipkart. Order 6GB + 128 GB version with HDFC discount [emoji4]

Last edited:
I am not sure if I am allowed to post in this thread about reselling it. I am willing to resale POCO F1 Graphite Black, 64 GB which I bought today in flipkart sale. Please let me know if any body interested. Buyer from Mumbai is preferred.

There were software issues mostly.
Some people had hardware issues as well after using the phone for a few months.
I was lookking at lenovos tabs since they were the only game in town last year but the forums were full of people complaining about things not working. thing is i know people who had their tab and no trouble as well.

What a difference with moto, same company different people.

I was lookking at lenovos tabs since they were the only game in town last year but the forums were full of people complaining about things not working. thing is i know people who had their tab and no trouble as well.

What a difference with moto, same company different people.
Even moto does not provide updates anymore. Effect of Lenovo I guess.

Back