Poco F1 smartphone officially launched! (With SD845, 6GB/64GB starting 21k)

Reading this and i have to laugh. Offering 64GB more main storage for only 3k more isn't enough there should also be an extra 2GB of RAM. Seriously ?

Where do you get your prices from ?

Doubling memory used to be 10K more and it didn't entail an increase in RAM

View attachment 76565

lpddr4x ram is the latest gen RAM out right now. Its energy efficient and its fast.

Is emmc 5.1 so cheap ?

First, as a customer, I have every right to demand more. Plus, I think that if we check flash prices on sites, we will know that actual costs.

Besides, its a well known fact that what you are referring to (10K) is the Apple tax and not the actual costs.

First, as a customer, I have every right to demand more. Plus, I think that if we check flash prices on sites, we will know that actual costs.

Besides, its a well known fact that what you are referring to (10K) is the Apple tax and not the actual costs.
Demanding does not mean you will get it. In fact for long here i've told people their budgets which are arbitrary numbers has no bearing on selling price.

Problem with flash prices is we can't replace them, they're soldered in. Vendor names the price

With the S9 i see each doubling of memory costs just 4k. Same with one plus, adding another 2GB RAM is 1k more.

This is quite cheap given that larger memory in previous years was a good deal more expensive.

The main issue is that they are asking for 3K extra for just an additional 64GB of space considering that 64GB of memory is around 1.5K plus 2GB of RAM for 1K (generic prices). Hence, would have been justified to some extent if they had thrown in that additional 2GB of RAM.
They are charging 1k less to double the internal memory and 2k more for 2GB RAM. same as one plus

Nobody can complain about this pricing. Maybe in a few years it will seem expensive but not today[DOUBLEPOST=1536942501][/DOUBLEPOST]
True, Maybe
Definitely more supply, nearly a day later its still available.

I don't know if these phones are made in India or not otherwise the import websites will have more info on numbers arriving.

Demanding does not mean you will get it. In fact for long here i've told people their budgets which are arbitrary numbers has no bearing on selling price.

Problem with flash prices is we can't replace them, they're soldered in. Vendor names the price

With the S9 i see each doubling of memory costs just 4k. Same with one plus, adding another 2GB RAM is 1k more.

This is quite cheap given that larger memory in previous years was a good deal more expensive.

They are charging 1k less to double the internal memory and 2k more for 2GB RAM. same as one plus

Nobody can complain about this pricing. Maybe in a few years it will seem expensive but not today[DOUBLEPOST=1536942501][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't know if these phones are made in India or not otherwise the import websites will have more info on numbers arriving.

I have no idea what you are getting at. I gave my opinions on why people would go for the 21K vs 24K phone.

Flash pricing - I am talking about what it costs the company to use a 128GB module instead of a 64GB. And 8GB instead of 6GB. These can be used to get a rough idea for the BOM, with the former replacing the latter or vice versa.

S9 and OP can be used as benchmarks, but I highly doubt that they would keep margins cut to cut to infer the same. The earlier (flash prices) would give a better idea. Also, with increase in RAM/storage, it would not mean entirely new ROM and all, just some minor modifications.

Coming to memory being expensive earlier, I seriously doubt that. Even earlier, taking Apple as an example, there was no reason to ask for a USD 100 increase for a doubling of memory when the cost would have just gone up by ~10-20 USD.

Make in India - I believe the F1 is assembled here. Hence, the customs sites will need to be looked at part numbers for individual components.

And to sum this up - I think you are convinced that you need to spend the extra 5K (OP) or 10K (Apple) for doubling storage vis a vis your statements. This does not need to be true, rather it's the way its marketed.

OP targets the aspirational buyer who wants flagship at a cheap cost and it delivered as well. Hence, they will group price their variants near each other. Apple on the other hand, targets the premium rich customer, not the aspirational buyer who wants to buy his first iPhone (and maybe his last) who would not mind spending that extra bucks for more storage. POCO is targeting the same customers OP is, and they are doing a damn good job at it and they have got my money for sure.

Additionally, all what the companies are doing is pricing in every segment, a la Samsung, but with better things to go with it.

OP/Vivo/Oppo/Realme - these are come under one umbrella (BKK) and you can see that these cover (nearly) the entire price range, while Xiaomi does that with Redmi/Mi/POCO brands.

Last words - the OP started off with OPO near the 23K price band and is now nearly 1.5 times more (35K). Xiaomi did the same with the Mi3 (around 14K) and now 21K (1.5x, F1). However, if Xiaomi can do it, so can OPO and so can Samsung and the rest.

AFAIK they are made in India and I think it's more people going for the 64gb model instead of more supply because if it'd the case of more supply then the company would think to have more supply for 64gb

AFAIK they are made in India and I think it's more people going for the 64gb model instead of more supply because if it'd the case of more supply then the company would think to have more supply for 64gb

Yes its made in India, It basically less demand then supply 64gb version is the most sold version, Another week and the 64gb version will be available on open sale.

Is this really worth discussing?
Most of the people would be happy with 64GB/lowest storage option available. Maybe 16/32GB weren't enough for many, but 64GB would be enough for most.
And then there are people like me who want higher storage options and the price difference between higher storage options are definitely more affordable now than they were before. Now it's for them to decide whether they can afford the higher storage option or not.
I had wanted a 128GB phone for quite some time and when Huawei launched a 128/6GB option for just 30k, which was within my budget, I bought it.

Most of the people would be happy with 64GB/lowest storage option available. Maybe 16/32GB weren't enough for many, but 64GB would be enough for most.
And then there are people like me who want higher storage options and the price difference between higher storage options are definitely more affordable now than they were before. Now it's for them to decide whether they can afford the higher storage option or not.
I had wanted a 128GB phone for quite some time and when Huawei launched a 128/6GB option for just 30k, which was within my budget, I bought it.

Yep. However, now a days for those with heavy WhatsApp media usage, 64 does not cut it. 1 month and storage full :eek:

Believe me once you use 128GB then you will not be satisfied with the less storage, I have used MI Max 128GB and now when I use 64gb RN5P, I feel lack of space ;):D

Believe me once you use 128GB then you will not be satisfied with the less storage, I have used MI Max 128GB and now when I use 64gb RN5P, I feel lack of space ;):D
My V20 is 64GB, presently it has 40GB free on the main storage. But i use a 128GB microsd and most things go there

I don't play a lot of games but the microsd is the main reason i don't need more. if there was no microsd i'd want 256GB[DOUBLEPOST=1537365744][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have no idea what you are getting at. I gave my opinions on why people would go for the 21K vs 24K phone.

You said the 128GB should have come with 8GB RAM iinstead of the 6GB it is presently. I pointed out why a) that is not feasible b) compared with what samsung & OP are charging prersently

expectations vs reality

Last edited:
My V20 is 64GB, presently it has 40GB free on the main storage. But i use a 128GB microsd and most things go there

I don't play a lot of games but the microsd is the main reason i don't need more. if there was no microsd i'd want 256GB
Same is the case with me, I too have 128gb of microSD and my internal is 53gb free ;) but that makes my RN5P a single sim phone, it being a hybrid sim

So, the problem as i see it with F1 is notifications. You can have many but not be even aware. Get a missed call ? you won't know unless you check you notifications, ALL THE DAMN time !!!

No! using a custom rom that has this basic functionality isn't the answer. because you are still dependent on updates security patches and whatnot. That is entirely up to the maintainers who may or may not want to keep at it.

But imagine this phone with stock android. Absolute winner. Great hardware. Everybody wants a nexus. Lineage ??

Otherwise very few options for stock android with top end cpus. LG will have one that is G7 like and the Nokia scrirocco. Rest android ones have lower end CPU's

Last edited:
Hi, Any experts / experienced user can comment, For a couple of days Poco F1 128 GB version freely available in both FK and Mi, Why?
I know the Netflix and screen bleeding issue - other than it is really that bad?
Same goes for Mi A2....

Any of you recommend this two phones any more?

Is this mean Mi create fake Out-of-Stock all the time for the name of Flash Sale ?
Obviously. It's a big part of their marketing strategy. But, now people are able to see through it and lot many similar options from other brands are coming, hence this open sale.

Same goes for Mi A2....

I too am/was considering the A2. (I mainly need a good camera, lol). Right now the probs are :
- Goodix FP sensor seems to set the proc to max freq and then stays stuck there.
- Storage read/write speeds for some users is terrible, does not seem to affect the 6/128 model. So maybe Xiaomi is using diff chips.
- Camera is v good, but display is a bit cold. No profiles/calibration possible right now. Since most users view photos on the same mobile, display should be as good as the camera (for any mobile).

Read the excellent review at XDA : https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-a2-review/

Right now I'm using a SGS3 as a 'phone' and my Moto X Style (faulty display) as a 'camera'.

Refer : https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2

EDIT : The proximity sensor is badly placed it seems, so it does not perform ok if the phone is held in certain positions. e.g while phoning.

Last edited:
Back