Pogoplug Pro - $29.95 - Approx. 2.75k shipped - Low power download box etc

varkey

Skilled
Pogoplug Pro - $29.95 - Approx. 2.6k shipped - Low power download box etc

jY0ZH.jpg

Pogoplug® Pro file sharing solution lets you connect any external hard drive and then access and share your content over the Internet. Access your files and media from any connected device, creating your personal, portable cloud. Share files, photos, music, movies and more with a single friend or all your friends and family. . Sharing is as simple as sending an invitation through an automated email link. Stream videos, music and photos directly to your iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ and other mobile devices, freeing your mobile phone from storage limits. Installation takes less than 60 seconds and there are no monthly fees. Welcome to Pogoplug, your own personal cloud.

The Pogoplug Pro will make an excellent low cost, low power download system. It is similar to the Seagate Dockstar but uses a different hardware. It also comes with Wifi and an internal SATA port.

Architecture: ARMv6l

Processor: PLX 7820 700MHz Dual-core

RAM: 128

NAND: 128

USB: 4

Ethernet: Gigabit

Wireless: B/G/N (Pro)

SATA: 1

Details regarding installation of ArchLinux is available here - Pogoplug Pro/Video/v3 | Arch Linux ARM

Now it's available for $29.95 from Pogoplug directly and through ICC Shopabroad, should come to less than 2.75k. The online quote showed

Quote: Rs 2,541.00

Item price + local shipping + taxes RS. 1,649.65

Int'l Shipping RS. 561.00

Duty, Taxes & fees RS. 429.90
Discount - RS. 100
TOTAL RS. 2,541.00

Deal Link : http://shop.pogoplug...rID.12722646409

Edit : The above deal has expired. The currently available deals are

Pogoplug Pink B01 - $24.99

Pogoplug Black P21 - $22.99

@kuduku : No readymade guides available. But anyway I don't think it will work. The wireless drivers are a bit old and not sure whether it would support the master mode to work as an access point.

@wishmaster.dj : Yes, ships only to US (Isn't that obvious? :p) Had mentioned that you need to get it through ICC Shopabroad or similar services

Now it's available for $29.95 from Pogoplug directly and through ICC Shopabroad, should come to less than 2.75k. The online quote showed

Looks great at that price! I wish they had offered a model with some more RAM though. Thank God my dockstar is still going strong :)

^ For ICC? Use 'SHOP100OFF' for Rs 100 off.

Just now received the actual quote from ICC World and its only 2.6k

Rs. 2585

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 1527

International Shipping: Rs. 561

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 597

- DISCOUNT - Rs. 100

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 2585

Can the modem directly plugged to Pogo Plug ? Since my modem D-Link has only one Ethernet port ? So how do i get it working ?

So hardware is same would be interested in Pogoplug Pro since it gives Wi-Fi too would it require additional power plus to connect to Indian Electric sockets ?

^ Yes, better go for the Pro.

It uses an internal power supply, and supports 110-220 V, so no need for any conversion. You may just need a flat pin to round pin converter which is easily available in local stores for Rs 10 or so.

How do i order it ? I have no clues on ICC World and do they handle the products well i.e if there any damages then ?

Back