Camera Point and Shoot Camera (Rs. 5-8K)

rock_ya_baby

~~~=o=~~~
Adept
Last time I bought a camera was when the Panasonic DMC-LZ10 were a rage on these forums (TA/TE) i.e. a long time ago!

So, I am looking for a decent cam for less than 8K. Better if it works on rechargeable AAs. Should have all the standard basic stuff, IS, videos@720p is fine.

I was looking at Canon IXUS series. Hoping to buy something during the sale period (or will check back again during Diwali sales).

Please suggest!

What's your budget?
<10K

Camera type?
Point and Shoot

Body Style?
Compact

How much zoom do you want/expect?
Don't care. Above 4x.

Do you care for manual exposure controls?
Yes. Good to have.

What's the purpose?

Click/Record on Trips

What will you be shooting with this camera?

Nature, People, sometimes music concerts.

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?

IXUS series

Any brand preference? Like/dislike

Something Sony or Canon?

From where will you be buying?

Online/Local store

Any specific features you need?
Image stablisation features and make-my-pics-auto-pretty

Anything else you would like to tell us?

Over a few rounds of beer, maybe.

I was in similar boat and I have zeroed in on Nikon S7000. Zoom is amazing. Its quite compact. I am yet to buy it though and waiting for some offers. Best quote I could get was 9k from Reliance Digital - only store I visited.

Thanks for inputs guys. I am checking the deals todays. Hope there would be something half decent available.

Which websites do genuine reviews for cams? All i see in search engines are bunch of Amazon.com reviews.

This is the time. If you miss this offer now, most likely you won't find it any better around Diwali time. Grab it before these offers expires.

Lately there ain't many compact cameras are coming and esp. AA powered cameras in your budget. And manual exp controls, I highly doubt if you could find one. Relax some of your criteria...

I would second the motion for the Nikon S7000, found one for around 8.5k, and for that price, it is a good a deal as you can get for this camera, I feel. Although to be honest, point and shoots are about to go the way of the dinosaur. It's either you go mirrorless full time or go with DSLRs. Point and shoot capabilities are almost always integrated now with mid to high end smartphones.

Back